No Fun Mondays

Little Boy Named Booze

If BJA put out a series of singles that would be sweet - would love more of these on physical copy!
Maybe Manic Monday since it's been released digitally?

1 minute ago, Hermione said:

When did Billie say this was going on forever

He did say he wants to keep adding to it indefinitely in one of the radio interviews :P

• Like 1

Just now, Beerjeezus said:

He did say he wants to keep adding to it indefinitely in one of the radio interviews :P

indefinitely
/ɪnˈdɛfɪnətli/

adverb
for an unlimited or unspecified period of time. :P 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hermione said:

indefinitely
/ɪnˈdɛfɪnətli/

adverb
for an unlimited or unspecified period of time. :P 

He could have just been a little more specific and mentioned that the period of time ended a week ago :lol:

On march 30th:

Welcome to No Fun Mondays. Going to release a cover song every week until we’re let back out into the world.

Are we back out into the world? If yes, then Billie can tell us.
I know he could've just chilled out and done nothing if he wanted. But he didn't. He started something. 
So, Billie. Is it over or no?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

He could have just been a little more specific and mentioned that the period of time ended a week ago :lol:

To look at it optimistically he might prefer to leave it open ended in case he feels like doing it again from time to time. Or it just might not even occur to him that anyone would be bothered he hasn't announced an official ending to it lol, probably always saw it as something he could pick up or put down whenever. 

• Like 3

Well considering that most of the US is "open", then yes, "we are back in the world."

35 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

In several of them just before he stopped actually. He not only said he was going to keep going but he even named Fox on the Run and Whole Wide World as the two songs he was considering doing next.  Why do a slew of interviews promoting something and then just stop putting out songs or talking about it? I get the protests took precedence at first but not now.

• Like 1

I'm thinking those interviews were more for the promotion of the GMA show he was scheduled to do on June 5 that was then "postponed". He is still listed on the GMA summer concert series site, but a new date is has not been listed.

8 minutes ago, Squashie said:

I'm thinking those interviews were more for the promotion of the GMA show he was scheduled to do on June 5 that was then "postponed". He is still listed on the GMA summer concert series site, but a new date is has not been listed.

Odd since he made no mention of the GMA show in any of these interviews, so not sure what kind of promotion strategy that was. They were all centered on NFMs — the Pulse interview on Sirius even played three of the songs and talked about each of them. 

3 hours ago, Hermione said:

Or people could just observe the obvious fact that it's finished and move on with their lives

When did Billie say this was going on forever or to expect a song this week? All of the examples you give involve someone being paid or contracted to do something or promising to do something. This does not. This isn't a committment he made to you, he's free to record and release songs as much or little as he feels like.

Billie put out nine cover songs for his No Fun Mondays project during quarantine, along with doing a bunch of other things. He could've just chilled out and done nothing if he wanted. Is there a specific amount of additional songs you think you're entitled to?

Man...I want to be your view of a successful musician. I will constantly promise projects and never fulfill what I said. I will make money just by existing. I will keep fans just by breathing.

Seriously, if Billie didn't have a recent track recent of promising stuff and never addressing it again, and maybe if Green Day didn't put out a recent album that seemed very lazy and low-effort,  I wouldn't care as much. But it gets to a point that his "ADHD" is just making him look like an unprofessional mess. He thinks he can just do whatever and we'll pay for it. Sadly, he's right.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Man...I want to be your view of a successful musician. I will constantly promise projects and never fulfill what I said. I will make money just by existing. I will keep fans just by breathing.

Seriously, if Billie didn't have a recent track recent of promising stuff and never addressing it again, and maybe if Green Day didn't put out a recent album that seemed very lazy and low-effort,  I wouldn't care as much. But it gets to a point that his "ADHD" is just making him look like an unprofessional mess. He thinks he can just do whatever and we'll pay for it. Sadly, he's right.

Maybe it’s about time we lowered our expectations. It seems all he’s doing now is stuff that’s simple enough for him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhiteTim said:

He did 10 songs for free (with the option of buying two) man some fans are bitchy 

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

He could have done 50 songs (for FREE!) and you'd still be bitching that it wasn't enough.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Squashie said:

giphy.gif

He could have done 50 songs (for FREE!) and you'd still be bitching that it wasn't enough.

Take it as the compliment it’s intended to be.  If we didn’t love the music we wouldn’t care if he put any out or not. How much Green Day is enough for you? 

i mean i feel its ok for fans to bitchy since its cuz of us fans hes had a career and makes money to begin with. ever since he posted that video telling fans to shut the fuck up cuz he was doing longshot instead of a new green day album its like no billie you shut the fuck up . green day and fans money   is why you're worth 55 million fuckin dollars . btw remember when green day used to be a band of  three people not just billie and his backing group? miss those fuckin days.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

Just because you buy his product doesn’t give you or anyone else the right to say what he needs to do people who buy his cds don’t own HIM 

I think of the Bane scene in The Dark Knight Rises 

“we paid you a fortune” and this gives you power over me? 

So because I donated money to GDC I can't insult everyone and spamm everywhere?

2 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

So because I donated money to GDC I can't insult everyone and spamm everywhere?

I mean you can but can’t be mad when a mod tells you to quit lol 

• Like 2