No Fun Mondays

Little Boy Named Booze

9 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

Man, I wish I had a record player. :( It would be so cool to collect Green Day vinyls!

Agreed. I bought a whole bunch of old Beatles vinyls once (had some Bob Dylan too) but I never got a player so I ended up selling them all

14 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

Man, I wish I had a record player. :( It would be so cool to collect Green Day vinyls!

I'd recommend picking vinyl you're interested in when they're really cheap if you know you want to get a record player in the future. That's how I started out collecting and I got some good stuff for 1-5 bucks, but I didn't get a record player until about 6 years later. Now I'm really happy I just picked up the vinyl and held on to it because some of it is more expensive now.

• Like 3

Stoked - bummed I couldn't get a blue (I was able to add to my cart but it sold out the second I went to review my purchase for checkout), but still stoked for the yellow. Something to look forward to in the next few weeks!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, kaylubd said:

I'd recommend picking vinyl you're interested in when they're really cheap if you know you want to get a record player in the future. That's how I started out collecting and I got some good stuff for 1-5 bucks, but I didn't get a record player until about 6 years later. Now I'm really happy I just picked up the vinyl and held on to it because some of it is more expensive now.

I second this advice. Me and my gf started to collect vynils before getting a player. It payed off when we finally got one. Specially if you manage to buy a shortprint edition that will skyrocket on few weeks after the release, like the red/black uncensored FOAM. Is not that important to get a special edition, but there is some cases (like this single) what will save the pain to buy it later.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, greendepent said:

I second this advice. Me and my gf started to collect vynils before getting a player. It payed off when we finally got one. Specially if you manage to buy a shortprint edition that will skyrocket on few weeks after the release, like the red/black uncensored FOAM. Is not that important to get a special edition, but there is some cases (like this single) what will save the pain to buy it later.

Yup! I would also recommend picking up limited run or exclusive vinyl you know you want and are able to afford. I did this with a few record store days before I ever got a record player and it really paid off. I would have to pay triple if had to get them now.

OOOO I got my shipping notification for the ITWAN single! :dance:

• Like 4

It’s Monday but I think that means nothing right now for no fun Mondays and I’m ok with that.

• Like 1

Surprised it lasted as long as it did. I'm sure the band would jump at any excuse to not do work.

I'd be happy with a RSD announcement with all the covers, but we'll wait and see.

• Love 1

At least we had something during the quarantine. A lot of things!

• Like 4

Here's to hoping we get one either this week or next week🤞 (I can understand if no cover this week tho 'cause of what America is going thru right now)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Squashie said:

Some NFM YouTube viewing updates:

ITWAN: 1,258,720 views

Manic Monday: 1,259,513 views

So Manic Monday finally overtook ITWAN. I noticed it had been gaining on it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Montclare said:

So Manic Monday finally overtook ITWAN. I noticed it had been gaining on it.

Yeah but also the count for ITWAN could be split because there are several performances of it on YouTube when you include the views for Fallon and Corden.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jonny smith said:

Something tells me billie isn’t feeling like putting out covers considering the state of the world 

I don't blame him, its hard to do anything creative right now with whats going on.

• Like 2

Didn't think we were going to get one today. I think he's made the right call to hold off with everything going on. Although, I think a NFM cover would be a light in the darkness for a lot of us at this point, but I understand his decision not to. People would almost certainly attack him for it if he did, probably saying something about how that's a selfish thing to do right now, or we should not be taking the focus away from the cause at hand etc.

I don't think those things are true, even though I would get where they come from. We're all still fighting and nothing can distract us from that. Of course we need to be dedicated to this movement until we see change. But we also need things that bring us joy in a time of sorrow and anger. I don't see how putting out music (non-promotional) to make people happy and give us a chance to get away for a moment could be seen as a bad thing.

I feel like a negative response from at least some people would have been inevitable if he had released something new today, though. That's most likely why we didn't get anything. That or Billie himself is too outraged to want to or too busy taking action to have the time. Or it could be a combination of those things or something completely different. No way to know, but I do hope we eventually get another release.

• Like 4

I’m not surprised either, the only thing I thought he might do was a protest song but couldn’t see him releasing a happy sing a long.  Hopefully he’s not done with NFM!

So what's the statute of limitations on releases? How long until musicians aren't criticized for releasing new music?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

So what's the statute of limitations on releases? How long until musicians aren't criticized for releasing new music?

How ever long the artist feels. God forbid Billie show some empathy and compassion to let peoples voices who need to be heard actually be heard.

• Like 1
  • Love 2