No Fun Mondays

Little Boy Named Booze

53 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

Considering your racist posts about blacks on this forum a few years ago don’t even mention black people in your post fuck you 

and @AlissaGoesRAWR and you’re agreeing to this known racist fuck? I’m shocked at you

I don't remember making those kind of posts about black people. I know I've said some offensive stuff but I can't recall the specific thing you're talking about. I thought we've gotten along well in the past year or so, so it's surprising to hear how you feel about me.

4 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

The narrative would change if he posted something. "He came through when we needed him. Music is so important in these times." People's opinions seem driven by emotion and they just change to fit their narrative.

But with COVID apparently being over, NFM probably will be, too. Since rioting without masks in violation of emergency health orders is okay and encouraged by politicians and celebrities despite the significant risk, then going go a beach or restaurant should be too. 

1. No it wouldn’t.

2. Covid is far from over. 

• Like 4

I just want to chime in real quick and say that I was wondering why it took this long to get protests and riots stirred up when there's so much brutality and racism going on daily, including death. I don't normally like to speak up about things like this because of how often things can turn nasty and argumentative, but I feel like I should right now. I think why what happened to George Floyd sparked all this is because of the context.

1. It was filmed. Yes, there are many other incidents that are filmed, but this one was a little bit different because...

2. You have a white police officer, arrogantly standing over a black man, hands in pockets with his knee on his neck. The other officers there had the power to stop him, but didn't.

3. That is a very powerful, disgustingly brutal image. Particularly so because a boot on the neck, forcing a helpless person down like that and taking away their ability to breath and their dignity, is a long standing symbol of totalitarianism and the cruelty that comes with it.

4. This officer and his colleagues were not reprimanded immediately. They all literally watched and held this poor man down until he died, but were only labeled as murderers from a legal standpoint once the people pushed officials to take action.

I don't think this is something we'll "just forget about" in the next 3 weeks or whatever was said. This is different and I think it's the start of something that was long overdue. George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery, and the incident with Amy Cooper are all indications that tensions have run too high with the combined pressures of political turmoil, systemic racism and an upwelling of white supremacist activity, and a global pandemic on top of it all and things are finally boiling over.

With all that said, I think it would be nice if Billie was able to still do GMA and release something next Monday. Not sure that's possible yet, but it would be something to be happy about during all this shit.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

I just want to chime in real quick and say that I was wondering why it took this long to get protests and riots stirred up when there's so much brutality and racism going on daily, including death. I don't normally like to speak up about things like this because of how often things can turn nasty and argumentative, but I feel like I should right now. I think why what happened to George Floyd sparked all this is because of the context.

1. It was filmed. Yes, there are many other incidents that are filmed, but this one was a little bit different because...

2. You have a white police officer, arrogantly standing over a black man, hands in pockets with his knee on his neck. The other officers there had the power to stop him, but didn't.

3. That is a very powerful, disgustingly brutal image. Particularly so because a boot on the neck, forcing a helpless person down like that and taking away their ability to breath and their dignity, is a long standing symbol of totalitarianism and the cruelty that comes with it.

4. This officer and his colleagues were not reprimanded immediately. They all literally watched and held this poor man down until he died, but were only labeled as murderers from a legal standpoint once the people pushed officials to take action.

I don't think this is something we'll "just forget about" in the next 3 weeks or whatever was said. This is different and I think it's the start of something that was long overdue. George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery, and the incident with Amy Cooper are all indications that tensions have run too high with the combined pressures of political turmoil, systemic racism and an upwelling of white supremacist activity, and a global pandemic on top of it all and things are finally boiling over.

With all that said, I think it would be nice if Billie was able to still do GMA and release something next Monday. Not sure that's possible yet, but it would be something to be happy about during all this shit.

Someone created another thread for that. 

15 minutes ago, Aidana Shyngysbayeva said:

Someone created another thread for that. 

I'm aware of that. Thank you. I didn't think it would hurt to have one more post about it here and I ended with something that was related to this topic. I missed all the conversation on this thread, so after reading through it I just wanted to add my two cents before heading over to General Chat.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, jetsrule128 said:

Have a feeling Billie is going to cancel the good morning America concert on Friday. 

I’m hoping he’ll find a way to use it to make a statement, but it depends on if they allow it. If it’s live instead of recorded it will be much easier, although he might not be invited back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BillieJoe’sEyelids said:

I’m hoping he’ll find a way to use it to make a statement, but it depends on if they allow it. If it’s live instead of recorded it will be much easier, although he might not be invited back.

I feel like it would be insensitive to act like nothing is happening during a time like this. I believe he’d get away with it on whatever channel airs it, but it’s more difficult to do something that will actually resonate with people. I thought he did a good job at the coronavirus events. Saw a few comments saying what he said reminded people of the musicians in Titanic solemnly playing as the ship sinks, but imo that’s better than a dramatic speech.

28 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I feel like it would be insensitive to act like nothing is happening during a time like this. I believe he’d get away with it on whatever channel airs it, but it’s more difficult to do something that will actually resonate with people. I thought he did a good job at the coronavirus events. Saw a few comments saying what he said reminded people of the musicians in Titanic solemnly playing as the ship sinks, but imo that’s better than a dramatic speech.

If he uses it to make a statement I would hope he would know it can’t be halfway. If they won’t allow him to speak his mind in either a statement or a song, he’ll probably cancel. If he just performs like nothing is going on or makes a generic statement, I’ll be disappointed. The guy that wrote “Minority” needs to go full out.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BillieJoe’sEyelids said:

If he uses it to make a statement I would hope he would know it can’t be halfway. If they won’t allow him to speak his mind in either a statement or a song, he’ll probably cancel. If he just performs like nothing is going on or makes a generic statement, I’ll be disappointed. The guy that wrote “Minority” needs to go full out.

Definitely.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BillieJoe’sEyelids said:

I just saw something on Twitter that said he cancelled the GMA performance.

Link to the tweet ? 

• Like 1

Well, this sucks. :dry:

6d94fc8cd68024ae41fa059b32c459d3.jpg

Edited by Yosuke Hanamura
Original comment could have been taken the wrong way.

2 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Whether it was his or GMA’s idea, it’s probably for the better to avoid backlash.

Agreed. Green Day got enough of that for a stupid ass billboard they didn't have much to do with.

• Like 4

On 6/3/2020 at 9:51 PM, Montclare said:

New peak for ITWAN for Adult Pop- 12.  Was holding steady at 13 for the past couple weeks.

Wow...pop charts

Yes I did - so glad the vinyl is on its way. He came through when we needed him. Music is so important in these times.

• Like 1

Ahhh! I nearly forgot about this! Something to look forward to when I check the mail :happy:

Man, I wish I had a record player. :( It would be so cool to collect Green Day vinyls!

• Like 1