No Fun Mondays

Little Boy Named Booze

Who is Shaun Cassidy, looks like he’s David’s younger brother but never heard of him, think he maybe didn’t make it to UK?  Was this his only hit?

11 minutes ago, jengd said:

Who is Shaun Cassidy, looks like he’s David’s younger brother but never heard of him, think he maybe didn’t make it to UK?  Was this his only hit?

He had a lot of hits.  David Cassidy was in the Partridge Family TV show and a solo music star first and then Shaun had a teenybopper pop music career.  Also he was an actor in the Hardy Boys mysteries TV series. I had a bit of crush and had his pinups on my wall ☺️

Man I am really ready for one that’s less pop and has a lot more edge. He’s getting into bubblegum territory now.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, BillieJoe’sEyelids said:

Man I am really ready for one that’s less pop and has a lot more edge. He’s getting into bubblegum territory now.

Can’t get more bubblegum than Shaun Cassidy. I agree these songs are starting to blend into one another. He should go off and do something really different next time.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

The drawing looks quite a bit like this one by a former gdcer Flo

f6a311ca23f8570a7f5a0d5cead99074d38d2da6

Flo is giving it to her on insta.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I thought it was odd when she claimed she created them in 2017 because I know those drawings were on Billie’s IG back in 2013. He had a challenge for people to draw them everywhere and it was reposted repeatedly. I didn’t know Flo first created them I thought Billie had but either way, she’s saying she never saw those and made this design up?  No way. 

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I thought it was odd when she claimed she created them in 2017 because I know those drawings were on Billie’s IG back in 2013. He had a challenge for people to draw them everywhere and it was reposted repeatedly. I didn’t know Flo first created them I thought Billie had but either way, she’s saying she never saw those and made this design up?  No way. 

I'm curious how they saw it when it's not anywhere on her page until today.

Edit: Says on this post that she created a stencil from Billie's drawing here - so.... :confused:

2 minutes ago, Squashie said:

She says she gave them a physical copy

3 minutes ago, Squashie said:

Edit: Says on this post that she created a stencil from Billie's drawing here - so.... :confused:

Yeah I thought it was Billie’s original drawing and then fans copied and embellished it.  So they gave credit to her for that drawing even if it wasn’t her original design. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

im not feeling this one. 😕

but i like the line 'i spent my money buying BLUE guitars'...

• Like 1

Billie Joe now has more No Fun Monday than Father of All material.     

Time to slap an album cover on this and start compiling  BILLIE JOE PART II.  

3 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

The Quarantine trilogy is in the making

Around Billie Joe's mind in 30 songs.  One album of covers.  One album of originals and one album of......I don't know.  Whatever Billie comes up with .  

There's been no swearing in these covers.   Interesting.   

And while they are not rainbows, sunshine and unicorns by any means, they are much lighter than the usual Green Day tune.   

Billie's brightening the world with No Fun Mondays!  

I wonder how many more there will be? 

And when they finally do come to an end, you know what that means?   

GREEN DAY XIV!

Do these covers reveal where Billie is heading for the next album?   Is he purposely doing things Green Day would never do?   Will Green Day XIV be the first album since Kerplunk to have a cover song included?   Will that piss us off because we only get 8-9 new songs?   

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

okay.   I'm calm.   I need to do something for dinner.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Billie first came up with it and then asked fans to draw similar stuff

That's correct. Billie drew a caricature of himself (named Spazzy) in 2013 and then everyone else was drawing fan art of it. I've been friends with Flo for 8 years now and I remember when Billie reposted her stencil art on Instagram. She was so excited! I drew a few too and tagged Billie, but he must have been getting so many that they were missed. I don't know what's up with this person who's claiming to have drawn those in 2017 like it was a new design, but it seems off.

Here are mine if anyone is interested:

Spoiler

This is a scratchboard Spazzy:

spazzy_scratchboard_by_gdofseattle_d6s2s

This one I did for Halloween, because I love Alien:

d6s2t2c-7dd42c97-48cd-4699-8187-efcd1fd9

This one was just fun:

spazzy_rides_a_spastic_dragon_by_gdofsea

• Like 4

Not sure why, but this Billie’s caricature freaks me out a little bit 😄

Didn’t know this song at all, but it’s another fun one, not among my favorites but it’s cool :) 

1 hour ago, jengd said:

I don’t suppose anyone ( @Yosuke Hanamura for instance) is going to upload this for us, pretty, pretty please?  😁😘😉

(Dem emojis. HOOO BOY- :P)

I-It’s not like I’ve uploaded it for you or anything! B-Baka!

DeterminedTemptingAtlanticbluetang-small

• Like 1
  • Haha 1