No Fun Mondays

Little Boy Named Booze

25 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It has to. His mood heavily influences his songwriting and he’s pretty content and inspired right now (also judging by the fact that he’s writing a ton — at least six songs in the first month of quarantine alone all while doing these covers too).  He said he was depressed when he wrote much of FOAM and I think that shows too not only in the dark themes but the songs may be short and underwritten but they don’t feel effortless.  I’m very excited to hear the new stuff.

I listened to FOAM after a while last night and it even surprised me a little by how dark it is.  I’m curious what the quarantine songs are like. Maybe he snapped out of it and they’re nothing like FOAM, but if the covers are any indication, they’re very much like Longshot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

That’s interesting that translated covers were a thing in Italy too. I always though that was Eastern-bloc specific, since the originals weren’t allowed.

I think in Italy was probably because no one spoke English at the time (well... not that it changed much after 50 years :D) and in general songs that were hit abroad were not known at all in Italy. Well... talking about this have you ever heard “Mino dove vai”, the Italian version of Basket case? 😂😂😂

57 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I love this! Fun fact. A cover of a cover. That’s pretty obscure. I wonder if this is going to get a bit of local Italian media attention and airplay. He could have a second hit on his hands with this one (in Italy at least).

A few Italian online newspapers are talking about it, it’s getting some attention as we are not really used to this, and it is so weird that he knows this song that most Italians completely ignore :D 

• Like 3

Billie singing in Italian is so sweet! Cool to hear he's done a decent job of pronouncing too.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

It’s quite fun cause in the first verse he pronounces “che” like “Che Guevara”, while “ch” is a hard c in Italian, but he pronounces it correctly from the second verse onwards 😄

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

When he’s free to write power pop everything sounds like Longshot and that’s not a bad thing. That’s really his signature sound. 

I love Longshot so that’s fine with me :wub:

19 minutes ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

I think in Italy was probably because no one spoke English at the time (well... not that it changed much after 50 years :D) and in general songs that were hit abroad were not known at all in Italy. Well... talking about this have you ever heard “Mino dove vai”, the Italian version of Basket case? 😂😂😂

A few Italian online newspapers are talking about it, it’s getting some attention as we are not really used to this, and is so weird that he knows this song that most Italians completely ignore :D 

Interesting :lol: so it wasn’t just us

oh my god :D

at this point I have a suspiction Billie’s omniscient when it comes to music

• Like 4

Having trouble finding lyrics in spanish OR english for this Amico song.  Anybody else have the lyrics?  

Mondays and Wednesdays are awesome now.   What about the rest of the week, Billie?  What about the rest of the week?  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, That Dude said:

What about the rest of the week, Billie?  What about the rest of the week?  

Turkish Tuesdays, French Fridays, Slovak Sundays

• Haha 1

Just now, Beerjeezus said:

Turkish Tuesdays, French Fridays, Slovak Sundays

What about Today?  

From Top of the Pops. This might be where Billie heard this from since his cover sounds a lot like this version.

• Like 2

This week’s songs might be the best so far. I’m binge-listening.

btw, the Italian schlager version of Basket Case is still the best and the worst thing I’ve ever seen :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

btw, the Italian schlager version of Basket Case is still the best and the worst thing I’ve ever seen :lol:

ITWAN still my favorite but that Italian beat really stuck in my mind tho

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

Me too!  I've been playing games on my computer tonight and playing the No Fun Mondays playlist on YouTube on an endless loop.  The last two are definitely the best but I also love That Thing You Do and ITWAN.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I love that Billie is getting more obscure with each cover.  Maybe I'll get online one day and he'll be singing a song I wrote! That would be insane.   

Has anyone heard this last one or even heard of the artist?   

• Like 2