No Fun Mondays

Little Boy Named Booze

3 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I have a faint memory that they played a secret show in Italy one time. Maybe this is it?

Looks like a secret show. I remember Captain Cook’s in Australia is that this one?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Looks like a secret show. I remember Captain Cook’s in Australia is that this one?

Maybe? I thought there was one in Europe, but Europe or Australia, Tuesday or Wednesday - I have it all a little mixed together haha

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Does anyone recognize which show is featured in the video? Is it from 2013?

Ohibò Club, Milan, Italy. May 22th 2013 when they performed for a surprise show after Prima Donna show 😊

Edited by GreenDayItaly
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Montclare said:

It was when they took over Prima Donna's show in Italy in 2013.

Edit- full show

46 minutes ago, GreenDayItaly said:

Ohibò Club, Milan, Italy. May 22th 2013 when the performed for a surprise show after Prima Donna show 😊

Thanks 🙏 I had forgotten about this show until Billie took his phone out and filmed the crowd and that was familiar. I love their ability to walk into a place unannounced and blow the roof off it 😍

• Like 1
  • Love 2

what does hump day even mean :lol:

btw this song is so catchy and fun

@Bakabanas this reminds me of your Green Day songs in Lithuanian, same "I don't understand but it's cool" feeling

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

@Bakabanas this reminds me of your Green Day songs in Lithuanian, same "I don't understand but it's cool" feeling

Hump Day is for Wednesday because it’s the middle of the work week and you have to try to get over the hump to make it to the weekend (except that now days have no meaning)

(And my favorite part of this too cute song is the “Ah-ooh” and the way he sings it 😍)

• Love 3

33 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I never liked the saying myself.   I don't have a Monday-Friday job, so even after I learned it wasn't something about...whatever I thought it was about....I thought it was lame.   :)  

And WHEN I thought it was a sexual thing, I wondered why people were only doing it on Wednesdays.   Everybody knows Tuesday is the best day to do that.  

Translations, anyone?   

Who's the original artist?   

What is happening?  

Am I Okay?  

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

For those who are interested, I've compiled the No Fun Mondays covers in this download section post.

You rule! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well that was fucking delightful! So cool that Billie sang in Italian! He's just the best. Always going above and beyond! :wub:

• Like 1
  • Love 3

9 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

I have an idea of cover-ception. I do a Lithuanian cover of Amico, the original song author does the cover of my cover, and Billie repeats the cycle. After 100 cover-ception cycles the song will be in Cthulhu language :D

Great cover though!

• Haha 4

I'm really glad Billie's having fun with these. Hope it comes through on whatever he next writes.

• Like 3

Absolutely loved Amico 😄 I would love to know how he got to know Don Backy and this song, they’re definitely not some of the most well known piece of Italian music, neither in Italy or abroad 😂

2 minutes ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

Absolutely loved Amico 😄 I would love to know how he got to know Don Backy and this song, they’re definitely not some of the most well known piece of Italian music, neither in Italy or abroad 😂

Out of curiosity, how is Billie’s Italian?

Fun fact, the "original" song from Don Backy is actually also a "cover" of Keep away from other girls from Helen Shapiro (it was a common practice among Italian artists to make "Italian versions" of english songs, also heavily changing the lyrics and sometimes without paying copyright :D). 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

That’s interesting that translated covers were a thing in Italy too. I always though that was Eastern-bloc specific, since the originals weren’t allowed.

• Like 1

No Chumps Thursday today? A french Dookie cover.