Billie to be on iHeart Living Room Concert for America Sunday

Jon Benjamin

18 minutes ago, BillieJoe’sEyelids said:

I was wondering....do you think a crew actually went into the musicians’ homes to film this? Or with social distancing, is it just the musicians themselves broadcasting from their homes?

The media release says they are filmed by the artist as to adhere to the social distancing guidelines - so no. A crew did not go to each artist and film.

See 1st paragraph of the article on iheart(dot)com:

https://www.iheart.com/content/2020-03-25-musics-biggest-stars-coming-together-for-living-room-concert-for-america/

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Was just thinking this must not be very different for Billie Eilish. Singing songs from her bedroom is kind of her brand 😄

Her souped up, high tech, living room studio.

28 minutes ago, DadBod said:

The media release says they are filmed by the artist as to adhere to the social distancing guidelines - so no. A crew did not go to each artist and film.

See 1st paragraph of the article on iheart(dot)com:

https://www.iheart.com/content/2020-03-25-musics-biggest-stars-coming-together-for-living-room-concert-for-america/

The nice thing is they can do this over and over until it’s perfect.

I’m still not over how this is supposed to be live and Billie totally blew it by saying he filmed it last night. He’s so pure :ga:

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

I’m still not over how this is supposed to be live and Billie totally blew it by saying he filmed it last night. He’s so pure :ga:

It's not the first time he's spilled the beans before he was supposed to (south american tour in 2017 on GMA) 😂

4 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Where did it say it was live?  All I saw was that they were performing from their own homes. I couldn’t imagine them all hanging out at home waiting their turn to perform. Plus what if someone wants/uses more time. This is iHeart after all. Tape it all. Better safe than sorry. 

7 minutes ago, lizziebix said:

Where did it say it was live?  All I saw was that they were performing from their own homes. I couldn’t imagine them all hanging out at home waiting their turn to perform. Plus what if someone wants/uses more time. This is iHeart after all. Tape it all. Better safe than sorry. 

5e7bd4e24f6c569298e6f20e?ops=contain(740
The graphic on their site about it says "Watch Live on FOX."

Hmmm....I see it now but still makes no sense. Even before Billie’s comment.   Wonder if parts will be and others not. Probably won’t be able to really tell. 

40 minutes ago, DadBod said:

5e7bd4e24f6c569298e6f20e?ops=contain(740
The graphic on their site about it says "Watch Live on FOX."

Meaning you can watch it as the program airs instead of say watching it next day on Hulu when you’re watching it on tv when it airs you’re watching it live 

they also say watch The Simpsons live on fox as well

3 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

Meaning you can watch it as the program airs instead of say watching it next day on Hulu when you’re watching it on tv when it airs you’re watching it live 

Except my DVR seems to think it’s a live program. It asked me if I want to extend the recording time and it only does that with live shows like sports and awards shows.

25 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

I'm not disputing you, they just asked where it said it was "live." Their graphic says "LIVE" followed by a list of performers. It's minutely misleading, but not enough to cause a red flag.

I hope he plays "Kill Your Friends." The lyrics fit so well, especially if you look at it as a criticism of people not following safety precautions.

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Except my DVR seems to think it’s a live program. It asked me if I want to extend the recording time and it only does that with live shows like sports and awards shows.

My UVerse is showing it from being on from 8pm to 9:01pm which could explain the extend the recording time 

3 hours ago, lizziebix said:

That’s the good part - it says “live” in the graphic he shared together with his post :lol:

Ugh. People not knowing who he is upsets me. He’s awesome! 😆 he is!

I don’t think he likes being obscure in the grand scheme of things. His body of work is so vast and way too good. Hopefully he’ll fix this weird obscure and lack of recognition of his genius. Or he’ll just sit around on the big comfy couch between recording sessions I don’t know. I hope he attends another one of those weird parties where he accidentally hits on someone else’s girlfriend 😆 maybe he’ll get punched out and write some great songs. He’s been pretty bored and unhappy for many years (I’m sorry for those who disagree but it’s so disgustingly obvious). I hope he finds his happiness soon and writes amazing songs. He seems on track for that. All the best of luck to him.

8 minutes ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

Ugh. People not knowing who he is upsets me. He’s awesome! 😆 he is!

I don’t think he likes being obscure in the grand scheme of things. His body of work is so vast and way too good. Hopefully he’ll fix this weird obscure and lack of recognition of his genius. Or he’ll just sit around on the big comfy couch between recording sessions I don’t know. I hope he attends another one of those weird parties where he accidentally hits on someone else’s girlfriend 😆 maybe he’ll get punched out and write some great songs. He’s been pretty bored and unhappy for many years (I’m sorry for those who disagree but it’s so disgustingly obvious). I hope he finds his happiness soon and writes amazing songs. He seems on track for that. All the best of luck to him.

But I thought he wanted to be a Cult Hero? 😀 Seriously though, the song is about being an obscure underdog and proud of it.  Not sure he wants to be more famous than he is because at a certain point it just means more crap in your life and nothing good.  He's got all he wants.

I think this is pre recorded. And that Billie Joe's new cover is going to be part of the performance. As well as some other songs probably.

Seen this post

Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong has filmed in intimate performance from within the confines of his own home. And the results will be broadcast on television early next week. Indeed, the rocker joins myriad other music stars for The iHeartRadio Living Room Concert on Fox this Sunday (March 29).

Hosted by Elton John, the charity-minded special will also feature homebound productions from Alicia Keys, Backstreet Boys, Billie Eilish, Mariah Carey and Tim McGraw. Each will originate from the artist's respective living room, a mini-concert captured with the singer's smartphone plus any other handy equipment.

https://loudwire.com/green-day-billie-joe-armstrong-living-room-concert/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

There’s going to be a Radio Broadcast across multiple iHeartRadio stations as well.

If anyone would like, I can capture that.

15 hours ago, iTokerBoySwag said:

I think this is pre recorded. And that Billie Joe's new cover is going to be part of the performance. As well as some other songs probably.

Seen this post

Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong has filmed in intimate performance from within the confines of his own home. And the results will be broadcast on television early next week. Indeed, the rocker joins myriad other music stars for The iHeartRadio Living Room Concert on Fox this Sunday (March 29).

Hosted by Elton John, the charity-minded special will also feature homebound productions from Alicia Keys, Backstreet Boys, Billie Eilish, Mariah Carey and Tim McGraw. Each will originate from the artist's respective living room, a mini-concert captured with the singer's smartphone plus any other handy equipment.

https://loudwire.com/green-day-billie-joe-armstrong-living-room-concert/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

Where in this does it say the new cover will be part of the performance?

8 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

There’s going to be a Radio Broadcast across multiple iHeartRadio stations as well.

If anyone would like, I can capture that.

Yes, please! Are you planning to capture the video stream too?

11 minutes ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

Yes, please! Are you planning to capture the video stream too?

That depends if there’s a website that’s going to stream it.

6 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

That depends if there’s a website that’s going to stream it.

I read that the FOX digital apps were going to have it on "LIVE" as well.

From their site:

"People across the country will be able to tune in and watch the one-hour commercial-free special live on FOX on Sunday, March 29th at 9pm ET/6pm PT, as well as listen on iHeartMedia radio stations nationwide, and via the iHeartRadio app. And to extend the reach of the event and its charitable aspect, FOX will offer the event across all of its linear and digital platforms."

source: https://www.iheart.com/content/2020-03-25-musics-biggest-stars-coming-together-for-living-room-concert-for-america/

Edit: Here is the site to watch the stream, @Yosuke Hanamura. That would be awesome if you could capture the video of his performance for our archives 😊

https://www.fox.com/the-iheart-living-room-concert-for-america/

Archived