Billie Joe Armstrong - I Think We're Alone Now cover

AmericanIdiot!

16 minutes ago, Hermione said:

This reminded me of all the awesome Longshot covers (specifically A Million Miles Away 🔥). Got me listening to them again. Billie/Green Day are great at doing covers.

I love this cover!

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

This cover is great. I hope he does more. And I wonder why it was released under Billie Joe of Green Day and not just the Longshot (like the other covers on the EPs). 

Probably because this is for all people who follow Green Day and/or Billie and not everyone knows what The Longshot is. It's like a gift from Green Day delivered by Billie (because social distancing).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think they gave us a Longshot cover so we don’t forget Green Day exists before the tour or the new GD songs come :lol:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, That Dude said:

This is the greatest song ever in their entire body of work.

Also the most original lyrics since Working Class Hero. 

A working class loner is something to be now

9 hours ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

I love this cover.

I hope he keeps bringing us special stuff like this.

An amazing surprise would be if he recorded Oh Girl and Dreamcatcher. I’ve only heard clips/shitty recordings.

Anyone else feel that way? If someone starts a petition that would be great. Billie Joe: Please record all the awesome Trilogy rejects because those songs are awesome. Isolation nation Trilogy and Longshot reject songs. Dreamcatcher and Oh Girl and whatever else.

The stuff he records all alone is different but in a very good way. Even the covers have feeling and heart and not a lot of flash. It’s good stuff.

This cover is great. I hope he does more. And I wonder why it was released under Billie Joe of Green Day and not just the Longshot (like the other covers on the EPs). 

Billie Joe the artist formerly known as Green Day

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

.....and now I'm going to attempt this song on guitar.   

I've been in a weird mood tonight where I needed to blast these songs in this order: 

Wake Me Up When September Ends

Walk Away

Whatshername

Amy

X-Kid

and then Remember to Forget Me by Blink-182.  

WOW what a somber set of songs.  

1 hour ago, Beyza said:

So, I’ve listened to it maybe 20 times now and still can’t get over how beautiful his voice in that song. Wondering are they gonna upload to streaming services. There is this one on SoundCloud for now but better quality version would be great. 

Same! Does his voice sound kind of AI era to you?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BillieJoe’sEyelids said:

Same! Does his voice sound kind of AI era to you?

More like the bonus covers from 21 CB (Like A Rolling Stone, A Quick One, etc.) but yeah that good.

• Like 2

Billie should do REM's "It's the end of the world as we know it (and I feel fine)"

• Like 1

Billie Joe Armstrong was mentioned in this Italian news service, among the musicians who released new music during the quarantine. Obviously they refer to the I Think We'Re Alone Now's cover

• Like 2

I just want to shoutout the Toronto Radio Station "Indie 88" who played this track on the radio yesterday. It was a really sweet surprise to hear this tune on the airwaves. The info card just said "Billie Joe Armstrong". V Cool.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2020 at 2:07 PM, Freezing Melons said:

I just want to shoutout the Toronto Radio Station "Indie 88" who played this track on the radio yesterday. It was a really sweet surprise to hear this tune on the airwaves. The info card just said "Billie Joe Armstrong". V Cool.

They're a great station and have always played deep cuts from GD. When The Longshot played Horseshoe they also advertised for it. 

They play Warning often on there a long with some other old GD tunes. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

22 minutes ago, TimmyChunks said:

Hehe, I know I deserve flack for this, but early to bed and healthy living in quarantine will do wonders for health and vocal cords. I’m sure there’s no late night partying going on under the watch of the Mrs. right now. At the very least, with no travel whatsoever never mind touring, I bet he’s more rested than he’s been in years, possibly decades. So that’s a silver lining to all this  

Excellent point.  If this global pause can cause the skies to clear over LA and Beijing it can certainly do wonders for a rock star’s health too when he’s forced to stop partying.  Now if that message would just stick for both his and the planet’s sakes  😄

• Like 3

I am glad he’s keeping busy with the covers and I’m excited about the new Green Day songs he has been working on. Hopefully he got enough inspiration and had enough fun before the quarantine. A bored Billie not having fun doesn’t get good inspiration for great songs. And he seems miserable when he’s not having fun or at least kind of free. All his best stuff is from when he’s not living like a caged animal but he needs the isolation to get it all out there. When he’s a caged animal as though he’s being punished that’s sad but I think this is ok. It’s necessary for other reasons not because someone is trying to hold him down or because he feels he needs to hold himself down. This forced isolation is great in that respect. It’s not personal. Otherwise I can’t wait for him to get out and have some fun again. I am so glad he started having fun again after the Rev Rad tour ended.

Great that he officially released it! Does Billie have a contract with Reprise too or does this mean that GD is still with them?