Billie Joe Armstrong - I Think We're Alone Now cover

AmericanIdiot!

6 minutes ago, DadBod said:

I believe Tre and Mike both live in Southern Cal. And not get people’s hopes up because I’m pretty sure it won’t happen, but Billie is in Newport currently. 

I heard that Mike lives like 10 mins from Billie in Piedmont. 

Not sure about Tre. 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

I heard that Mike lives like 10 mins from Billie in Piedmont. 

Not sure about Tre. 

Mike sold his Oakland/piedmont house last year or 2 years ago. There’s a thread somewhere on here for it.
Tre appears to be in LA/Newport whenever they aren’t on tour. 

6 minutes ago, DadBod said:

Mike sold his Oakland/piedmont house last year or 2 years ago. There’s a thread somewhere on here for it.
Tre appears to be in LA/Newport whenever they aren’t on tour. 

Didn't Mike recently mention that he sold the Oakland/Piedmont house when Britt had breast cancer so they could be closer to her doctors?  Not that it matters but I think that was the timeline.

Don't know if they purchased something else in the area for when he goes back, if he goes back, that is.

I hope they record the next album in Billie’s Bedroom. This mixing was nice on the ears. 

4 minutes ago, lizziebix said:

Didn't Mike recently mention that he sold the Oakland/Piedmont house when Britt had breast cancer so they could be closer to her doctors?  Not that it matters but I think that was the timeline.

Don't know if they purchased something else in the area for when he goes back, if he goes back, that is.

Yeah, not sure on timelines, but I think Billie is the only one who is still permanent to the Oakland/Bay area. 

Been listening to this on repeat for maybe half an hour. He's just got such a great voice!  💖:ga: 

My mom approved of the cover and she's a credible source since "I Think We're Alone Now" was the first album she ever bought. :)

Loved both the song and the video, made my day a little better ❤️

8 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Maybe because if CA is on "shelter in place" Tre lives in Newport these days? Could be a reason 

They could do it like Dubioza - I don’t want to post the video in multiple threads, but they did a gig where everyone livestreamed from their homes.

3 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

They could do it like Dubioza - I don’t want to post the video in multiple threads, but they did a gig where everyone livestreamed from their homes.

I'm making a cover of this cover of a cover. It's called "I think we can bone now" 

Can’t stop watching this, I love his cover but I also love the video.  Billie Joe hits the spot again with a great, homemade video.  Has anyone worked out if it’s Billie’s hands we see making the word with coffee beans (we saw what you did there), Cheerios, skittles etc, I’m not sure.  Need to watch it a couple hundred more times 😂😂 Love the old pics too, wonder if he made himself.

40 minutes ago, jengd said:

Can’t stop watching this, I love his cover but I also love the video.  Billie Joe hits the spot again with a great, homemade video.  Has anyone worked out if it’s Billie’s hands we see making the word with coffee beans (we saw what you did there), Cheerios, skittles etc, I’m not sure.  Need to watch it a couple hundred more times 😂😂 Love the old pics too, wonder if he made himself.

I don’t think so, I don’t see any ink on his hands. I wonder if he did the song and Greg Schneider or someone helped out with the video. Pretty sure he did the Troubled Times one too. 

It's definitely not Billie's hands. The ones in the video are tattoo free. I'm guessing the hands belong to Gregg or Dugan. Gregg probably did the video production, and Chris probably mixed the song (like he did with Longshot).

I didn’t see any ink, hands or wrists, but it all moves along so quickly and haven’t had time to fiddle about with it 😂.  Thanks all.

On 3/23/2020 at 12:50 PM, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Wow you look like someone who'll be on GDC for a very short time 😂

This was quite the prophecy 

As good a time as any to revisit this classic parody.

7 hours ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

As good a time as any to revisit this classic parody.

I wish I was blown now

I love this cover so much. Really hoping this is the direction of whatever Green Day does next. Kinda sounds like a mix of nimrod and Longshot to me

I’m glad to be back after an unfortunate technical snafu in which I couldn’t sign back in for awhile. Had to create a new account. Anyway, I am in love with this cover. His voice has a strength and range that I haven’t heard for awhile. I hope any further Billie absences on IG are also leading to more creative output.

This is the greatest song ever in their entire body of work.

Also the most original lyrics since Working Class Hero. 

Archived