Billie Joe Armstrong - I Think We're Alone Now cover

AmericanIdiot!

Honestly this was a really great cover. I actually like it more than I like a lot of the songs on FOAM (don't get me wrong I like the album but most of the songs are just lacking something or don't feel completely finished). I'm surprised he didn't release this under The Longshot name, it sounds very much like that project. 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And youtube started playing "Junkies on a High" right after this.   

"Junkies" is going to be the next single and it's going to be #0 in every country for -3 Weeks.  

OOOH!  

Meet me on the Roof is playing now! Looks like it's going to be a Green Day night.  

;)

WINDOW! 

PILLOW! 

SPIT!

COME!

Absolutely love it. Just what myself and many others needed in a time like this. 

BJ always comin in clutch. 😉

And now Take the Money and Crawl and now I Was a Teenage Teenager Teenagingly Teenaging.   

I'm going to let youtube play until the end of time.   

"Oh Love" guitar solo now playing.   The algorithm behind this cover is amazing.   It's playing all my favorite singles and even some of my favorite deep cuts.  

If the "The Saints are Coming" or "A Quick One While He's Away" comes on next, I could die right now and it'd be a pretty good ending.    

I just turned to the screen and it's the blurred version.   Nothing's perfect I guess. 

:)

Now if we could get Mike and Tre to start churning out some tunes like this.   

34 minutes ago, Q-Man said:

Honestly this was a really great cover. I actually like it more than I like a lot of the songs on FOAM 

This cover > Teenage Teenager / Oh Yeah for me  😂

• Hermione changed the title to Billie Joe Armstrong - I Think We're Alone Now cover

Download link for the audio 

P.S. I’ve made one of the photos in the video a cover.

Man, why can't he use this vocal production on GD/Longshot? It's not completely distorted and grainy!

48 minutes ago, Gonzalo17 said:

Hope we get Kiss me deadly record

Yeah! It's weird there isn't already one really. More 80s covers would please me.

15 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Man, why can't he use this vocal production on GD/Longshot? It's not completely distorted and grainy!

Yep, got to agree, he sounds fantastic on this.  

Awwww that was great! The video was so cute and the cover was quite good! I always forget it's a Tommy and the Shondells song. I always think of Tiffany whenever I hear it unfortunately.

3 hours ago, kaylubd said:

Awwww that was great! The video was so cute and the cover was quite good! I always forget it's a Tommy and the Shondells song. I always think of Tiffany whenever I hear it unfortunately.

me too! lol but it makes it kinda humorous for me and I needed a good laugh

3 hours ago, Hermione said:

Yeah! It's weird there isn't already one really. More 80s covers would please me.

Bowie?!? maybe even an 80's Iggy Pop song? 

Cool song, I'll check out the original

btw I can't believe the way they managed to get the coffee in the video :lol: quality advertising

I like FOAM a lot but I think this cover beats out a lot of it for me. I needed this more than I thought. I hope it’ll be available for streaming. I love it so much. 

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

this is a lot like his longshot eps

Yes. Fits right in with the Cheap Trick, Who and Stones covers. I’d love another EP of covers like those.

3 hours ago, Joe. said:

BUT WHY HAVENT THEY STREAMED A GIG!!?!?!??? 

Maybe because if CA is on "shelter in place" Tre lives in Newport these days? Could be a reason 

Well, this was certainly a really nice surprise.  I didn't realize how much I love this song.  Thanks, Billie.  :wub:

6 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

next GD record should be recorded in Billie's bedroom

So much nostalgia in this clip. 

59 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Maybe because if CA is on "shelter in place" Tre lives in Newport these days? Could be a reason 

I believe Tre and Mike both live in Southern Cal. And not get people’s hopes up because I’m pretty sure it won’t happen, but Billie is in Newport currently. 

Archived