Green Day postpone upcoming shows in Asia

Hermione

Just now, Beerjeezus said:

We have less than 40 cases and 0 deaths, yet everything is being canceled just in case. I would say it more depends on what measures the governments decide to take than the actual epidemiology lol

Yeah but the Czech Republic isn't even the size of my province in Canada. 

Those are 40 cases much closer together. We have 30+ cases across the pacific to the atlantic. 

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

America is most likely teeming with Covid-19 but because Trump wants to cover up numbers (he said as much) tests arent being carried out. People in general calling out China for covering up numbers when the US is doing just that. 

But anyway. Dublin Paddys Day Parade and other large parades cancelled here which hasnt happened since the outbreak of foot and mouth back in like 02/03. Last rugby game in the 6 nations called off until October. Friendly soccer game to be played behind closed doors. 

2 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

Those are 40 cases much closer together. We have 30+ cases across the pacific to the atlantic. 

True. We’re fucked :shok:

3 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

Theres more than likely far more than 40 cases and this applies to most countries who have it at this point. The numbers are hard to track either due to lack of testing (US) or because people with mild or no symptoms arent being included.  Though Im still wondering why the fuck people are stockpiling freaking toilet paper! Ive seen twice now here in Ireland where I am two large chains have no stock of handwash and hand sanitizer. That shit is ridiculous 

28 minutes ago, Thatsername said:

With every passing day, I'm more and more convinced that the European tour will have to be cancelled. Sadly.  :(

Me too. I was positive at the beginning but now the whole Italy is a red zone. Also, you are allowed to go outside your town (I mean, your town) just for medical, work and  essential goods such as buying food. If you go out for other things you can get a 200/300 € fine 

Just now, EmmaCharlatan&Saints said:

Theres more than likely far more than 40 cases and this applies to most countries who have it at this point. The numbers are hard to track either due to lack of testing (US) or because people with mild or no symptoms arent being included.  Though Im still wondering why the fuck people are stockpiling freaking toilet paper! Ive seen twice now here in Ireland where I am two large chains have no stock of handwash and hand sanitizer. That shit is ridiculous 

Yeah I don't get it either considering they use boudets.  

The numbers in Canada are valid though we had people in quarantine coming off planes for up to 30 days almost. Our health care system is all over this right now because of what SARS did to Toronto years ago. We really do have great health standards in this country. Sometimes our hospitals can be rocky in their service but when it comes to serious stuff like this as of late we've taken it all seriously. Even with H1N1 I thought they did a great job. Although I personally wasn't so lucky that time as I contracted it. 

10 minutes ago, EmmaCharlatan&Saints said:

Um it really isint just nothing though. The normal flu comparison is a redundant comparison. This effects differently than normal flu. Yes you can say there is some over reaction but this is an unknown virus that cannot so far be compared to general flu that has been studied and tracked for years. Its also far more contagious. So no its not nothing 

It is nothing. 

Except if you're 102 years old with heart problem. But everything can kill a 102 years old with heart problem.

Just now, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

It is nothing. 

Except if you're 102 years old with heart problem. But everything can kill a 102 years old with heart problem.

It's a threat to people who already have respiratory diseases/illnesses as well

Just now, Sheenius said:

It's a threat to people who already have respiratory diseases/illnesses as well

Like any other flu. 

Like any other flu. 

The flu is actually more of an overall health threat for people with conditions mostly due to the vomitting and diarrhea. It can mess up people with severe diabetes pretty badly. 

For example with my lifelong issue with my kidneys I wouldn't really be affected by coronavirus cause it wouldn't affect my ability to take my meds or do the things I need to do to manage my disease but flu-like symptoms, specifically vomitting would stop my required intake of 6L a day. That's when the complications would start. After day 2 I would need to be hospitalized for kidney complications. 

4 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

The flu is actually more of an overall health threat for people with conditions mostly due to the vomitting and diarrhea. It can mess up people with severe diabetes pretty badly. 

For example with my lifelong issue with my kidneys I wouldn't really be affected by coronavirus cause it wouldn't affect my ability to take my meds or do the things I need to do to manage my disease but flu-like symptoms, specifically vomitting would stop my required intake of 6L a day. That's when the complications would start. After day 2 I would need to be hospitalized for kidney complications. 

Again, it's because you have problem. Every disease affect people badly when they have problems with their health. The Covid-19 too. It's not more special then any other stupid disease. 

It's just another "end of the world" by the media. Just wait a little bit longer and in a couple of weeks/months we're not gonna talk about it anymore.

1 minute ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Again, it's because you have problem. Every disease affect people badly when they have problems with their health. The Covid-19 too. It's not more special then any other stupid disease. 

It's just another "end of the world" by the media. Just wait a little bit longer and in a couple of weeks/months we're not gonna talk about it anymore.

I agree with you. Still more flu deaths than COVID 19. Also, WHERE the deaths are occurring are a huge part of it. 

There's small # of deaths in countries with legitimate health care standards. 

Even smaller # when you factor out the elderly. 

Yeah obviously the media love talking about this and it is being blown out of proportion, but that doesn’t mean old and ill people’s lives don’t matter???

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

Yeah obviously the media love talking about this and it is being blown out of proportion, but that doesn’t mean old and ill people’s lives don’t matter???

No!! I'm saying that it will be better if the old people don't travel and stay at home until everything calm down.

But don't tell younger to stop travelling lol. I will travel again and again. I'll just not hug my parents when I'll be back and cough on them lol

Scariest people right now are the boomer. Just stay in your home and stop judging the travelers.

2 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

No!! I'm saying that it will be better if the old people don't travel and stay at home until everything calm down.

But don't tell younger to stop travelling lol. I will travel again and again. I'll just not hug my parents when I'll be back and cough on them lol

Scariest people right now are the boomer. Just stay in your home and stop judging the travelers.

Younger people live with older people

Just now, Sheenius said:

Younger people live with older people

Not right now I guess.

Not right now I guess.

How can I or my parents avoid meeting my grandmother who is 83, has a chronic respiratory disease and needs care? If this was only about me I wouldn’t give a fuck, but I honestly don’t know how far to go with the precautions when I don’t want to give up on social life but also can’t risk transmitting it to my family.

I wouldn’t panic yet regarding the European dates, numbers are beginning to drop in some places and it’s still early March.  Normally flu season, yes I know it’s not typical flu, ends late March.  It does hysterical over-reaction given the low mortality rate but I guess it’s because of the respiratory aspect.

6 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

How can I or my parents avoid meeting my grandmother who is 83, has a chronic respiratory disease and needs care? If this was only about me I wouldn’t give a fuck, but I honestly don’t know how far to go with the precautions when I don’t want to give up on social life but also can’t risk transmitting it to my family.

There is no way to know exactly. But sadly I'm pretty sure a pneumonia or any other disease would be as bad as the coronavirus for people like her.

And pneumonia is way more common then covid. 

4 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

There is no way to know exactly. But sadly I'm pretty sure a pneumonia or any other disease would be as bad as the coronavirus for people like her.

Not if you're italian

Yeah I know, but contracting covid would make the pneumonia more likely so that’s not good :mellow: I’ve been sitting at home for two weeks now because I was ill so now all I want is to go out and see my friends.

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

Yeah I know, but contracting covid would make the pneumonia more likely so that’s not good :mellow: I’ve been sitting at home for two weeks now because I was ill so now all I want is to go out and see my friends.

Well are you and your friends are 80 years old? If not, you can see them.

1 minute ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

You're missing the point @Beerjeezus is making 

6 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

And I will...inb4 everything gets closed lol

But the issue isn’t me or my friends, it’s just that I absolutely can’t afford giving my fam fucking SARS just because I absolutely had to go get drunk. So I’m conflicted

They’re making plans at my daughter’s university to move all classes to online in case they decide to shut down. I agree it’s all a bit much but on the other hand the way to nip any contagion in the bud is to lock down and quarantine for two weeks to control the spread. So it’s drastic but does work.

Archived