Green Day postpone upcoming shows in Asia

Hermione

56 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

On that note...

So to cancel now they don’t incur any expense I guess versus going and then cancelling and they don’t get their money back?

They aren't willing to risk losing money in case the event was cancelled by the government for example. 

Makes sense. But these bands aren't cancelling because of the welfare of their fans, they are doing it to avoid losing money in case it was cancelled anyway. 

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder when they will announce something about the Europe tour. 

I am so worried and I somehow struggle to believe that this is all because of a cold. 

i cant remember it exactly, but did the world panic like this before with the SARS infection 2002/2003? or the swine flu in 2009/2010?

i have more fears about the general social life burning down due to all the cancellations than my fear about the corona infection itself

Edit:

this is from Queen + Adam Lambert .. "Unfortunately, our show in Paris has had to be postponed following a government decree in France to cancel all indoor events over 5000 capacity in France until 31st May in an effort to contain the spread of Coronavirus."

the GD show in Paris is like 2 weeks later in june, seems like we could really see more shows of GD being cancelled, even in europe ...

2 hours ago, Signe said:

I am so worried and I somehow struggle to believe that this is all because of a cold. 

What aspect are you struggling with - this is not a cold.

43 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

this is from Queen + Adam Lambert .. "Unfortunately, our show in Paris has had to be postponed following a government decree in France to cancel all indoor events over 5000 capacity in France until 31st May in an effort to contain the spread of Coronavirus."

the GD show in Paris is like 2 weeks later in june, seems like we could really see more shows of GD being cancelled, even in europe ...

Oh shit. 
In Italy concerts are canceled until the 3rd of April ☹️

31 minutes ago, UNICORN VOMIT said:

What aspect are you struggling with - this is not a cold.

I know, I am just spewing my bitterness. Sorry. The eventual money loss is stressing me out. 

I'm actually feeling so sad these days because of this. I know 
I'm 26, I'm an adult person but I feel like crying thinking about the European tour and this virus

Green Day can always pull a surprise on their insurance company and cancel because of rehab, that’s covered lmao

2 hours ago, michael1989 said:

Hopefully something good comes from this and GD use the free time to work on new music.

They’re always working on new music. Whether or not they’ll release it is another thing altogether 🙄

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

Green Day can always pull a surprise on their insurance company and cancel because of rehab, that’s covered lmao

If he goes back now it will be highly suspicious 😄

4 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

If he goes back now it will be highly suspicious 😄

The legend of “it was just a stunt” may live on :lol:

17 hours ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

When I heard about this last night I did start to wonder about the European leg of the tour myself. It doesn’t look too good

On 3/6/2020 at 9:44 PM, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

When I heard about this last night I did start to wonder about the European leg of the tour myself. It doesn’t look too good

This sucks- it doesn’t look good. I’ve been speculating a bit about the US leg since those are my dates, and the trend doesn’t look good now. It seems frivolous to complain compared to how this will impact our society this year, but I haven’t been overly optimistic about how this virus will impact large gatherings which includes Hellamega.  It’s something to keep an eye on. 

17 minutes ago, TimmyChunks said:

This sucks- it doesn’t look good. I’ve been speculating a bit about the US leg since those are my dates, and the trend doesn’t look good now. It seems frivolous to complain compared to how this will impact our society this year, but I haven’t been overly optimistic about how this virus will impact large gatherings which includes Hellamega.  It’s something to keep an eye on. 

Yesterday, the city of Austin TX cancelled SXSW that starts next weekend. 

im being optimistic about the US summer dates, but also know anything can happen. 

I was sent a email at work on Friday saying that I have take a laptop & all my projects with me each night in case they close my campus (I work at a university) so I can work from home because of this. Mind you, I live in Kansas and so far there’s no indication that they will limit on campus activities. 

6 hours ago, TimmyChunks said:

It really doesn't look good 
Here the cases had increased and the situation isn't very good at this moment [My region is blocked. You can't go out and you can't come in]
An italian band postponed the tour in November, which is pretty far and hopefully the situation will be okay 
But they only have this tour so I know it could be more difficult reschedule a tour with an asian leg, an europe leg, an australian leg and an american leg. 

Fuck, I'm starting to believe that Paris show will be cancelled, along with other European dates...

The numbers of corona infections are increasing exponentially in Italy, France and Germany, only week ago there weren't 1000, and now it's 6000 in Italy, in Germany - from 100 to 1000 in one week :(

2 hours ago, Bakabanas said:

Fuck, I'm starting to believe that Paris show will be cancelled, along with other European dates...

The numbers of corona infections are increasing exponentially in Italy, France and Germany, only week ago there weren't 1000, and now it's 6000 in Italy, in Germany - from 100 to 1000 in one week :(

In Italy there are 3.296 infected 
Last week I was like "Oh let's not think about June now" but now the situation seems to get worse 🙃
Also, I read somewhere it may be last for other 2-3 months and then we might have a decrease 
🙃 🙃🙃 Oh shit 🙃🙃🙃

With every passing day, I'm more and more convinced that the European tour will have to be cancelled. Sadly. A number of European countries have already banned events with more than 1,000 people until Easter or even indefinitely. The situation in my country is crazy because every state can decide for its own and some ban big events and others don't. There are events with 100 people which are cancelled and others with 40,000 which still take place, it's just a big fat mess. :(

3 minutes ago, Thatsername said:

With every passing day, I'm more and more convinced that the European tour will have to be cancelled. Sadly. A number of European countries have already banned events with more than 1,000 people until Easter or even indefinitely. The situation in my country is crazy because every state can decide for its own and some ban big events and others don't. There are events with 100 people which are cancelled and others with 40,000 which still take place, it's just a big fat mess. :(

Everything with more than 100 people banned indefinitely in my country. It’s not looking too good 

On 3/7/2020 at 10:57 PM, DadBod said:

Yesterday, the city of Austin TX cancelled SXSW that starts next weekend. 

im being optimistic about the US summer dates, but also know anything can happen. 

I was sent a email at work on Friday saying that I have take a laptop & all my projects with me each night in case they close my campus (I work at a university) so I can work from home because of this. Mind you, I live in Kansas and so far there’s no indication that they will limit on campus activities. 

I think the US and Canada are fine right now. Canada has like 30 cases or less and 0 deaths. How many cases does the US have and how many deaths? 

This virus is nothing for godsake!!!! I hate the fucking media. They post an article every 10min about this stupid flu. 

1 minute ago, Sheenius said:

I think the US and Canada are fine right now. Canada has like 30 cases or less and 0 deaths. How many cases does the US have and how many deaths? 

Since we can’t trust our leaders to tell us the truth we have no idea 😤

4 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Since we can’t trust our leaders to tell us the truth we have no idea 😤

Trump's not worried about corona cause of several reasons: 

A) Great stock market opportunities 

B) He's vaccinated for it

C) Another reason for him to yell about China for an hour 

D) Soon there will be less people to share the wealth with

Although, with C it's now somewhat warranted. I was calling for the Canadian government to start exercising other options for trade about a year ago. You shouldn't allow just one country (especially one with zero standards for health and child labour) to supply your economy. 

I feel for their citizens though. Imagine working all your life for a bowl of rice a day and getting the equivalent of $20 CDN a month for your pension... 

3 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

This virus is nothing for godsake!!!! I hate the fucking media. They post an article every 10min about this stupid flu. 

Um it really isint just nothing though. The normal flu comparison is a redundant comparison. This effects differently than normal flu. Yes you can say there is some over reaction but this is an unknown virus that cannot so far be compared to general flu that has been studied and tracked for years. Its also far more contagious. So no its not nothing 

5 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

We have less than 40 cases and 0 deaths, yet everything is being canceled just in case. I would say it more depends on what measures the governments decide to take than the actual epidemiology lol

Archived