Green Day postpone upcoming shows in Asia

Hermione

3 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

Same hotel building or room? 😉

Please GDSheen wants ALL the details!

ha I could only wish! We actually met outside, I was waiting for my uber and he, Adrienne and Jason were leaving too. I will always cherish how he was nice enough to let me get a pic, because I saw Tre there too the night before and he declined 😕  there wasn't anyone else around, no other fans but hey, his choice. I was a little disappointed though :( 

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, paolagmzr said:

ha I could only wish! We actually met outside, I was waiting for my uber and he, Adrienne and Jason were leaving too. I will always cherish how he was nice enough to let me get a pic, because I saw Tre there too the night before and he declined 😕  there wasn't anyone else around, no other fans but hey, his choice. I was a little disappointed though :( 

Tre declined??!? Why? how? 

Like what did he say?

26 minutes ago, paolagmzr said:

I do think the U.S tour could be going on, after all, it is within their own country, the traveling is a lot less, the distances and touring time a lot shorter.

I don't know what is happening in the us and of course I can't predict future but now here it's a problem even go from your town to another. Imagine a whole country.

3 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

Tre declined??!? Why? how? 

Like what did he say?

I went and said Hi and we did talk a few minutes, I was like "do you mind if we take a picture together?" and he said "oh no, no pics..." and walked away without saying more. I just stood there like "okay bye!" 😕 

1 minute ago, Melodramfool said:

I don't know what is happening in the us and of course I can't predict future but now here it's a problem even go from your town to another. Imagine a whole country.

yes, that's the thing with the other legs, right now that is the issue, so what I'm thinking is that that could be (U.S tour) the only one that could go on as "normal", only by now because yeah we don't know what the future holds.  😕 

4 hours ago, kaylubd said:

I'm just sick of the mass hysteria ( :shifty: ). I think it's clear that this is something that should be treated seriously. But I think people need to calm the hell down. If you are at high risk, yes absolutely do what you have to to protect yourself. If you're not at high risk, still be cautious and do the things you're supposed to do to stay healthy anyway, like washing your damn hands. Bottom line, everyone stay safe! I just hate hearing about every event being canceled, stores running out of supplies, and the news acting like everyone should just stayed locked up in their homes.

This x 1000. I'm technically "the media" and I'm so fucking sick of hearing about this already. Everybody is hysterical. 

I can't even buy the cleaning products I always keep stocked in the house because the idiots who apparently never washed anything until now have cleared the shelves entirely at the local stores. The closest cases confirmed in Ohio are 120 miles away, nowhere near us.

It's not that it's getting too much coverage, necessarily — it's too much coverage without rational context. This will not affect the majority of  healthy people. But we need to take common sense precautions to prevent compromised people from being affected. That doesn't include stockpiling toilet paper and water. Just wash your fucking hands, stay away from people who have traveled to affected areas, cover your mouth when you cough, and stay home if you're not feeling well.

I honestly feel like some of these preemptive closures, such as universities like Ohio State, are doing more harm than good and causing more hysteria because people don't understand why it's happening, which is because most are on spring break right now and people will be returning to campus with germs from all over the country/world in one place.

4 minutes ago, paolagmzr said:

I went and said Hi and we did talk a few minutes, I was like "do you mind if we take a picture together?" and he said "oh no, no pics..." and walked away without saying more. I just stood there like "okay bye!" 😕 

Maybe he's not about that whole selfie thing with fans. I mean we see so many with Billie Joe and some with Mike. I don't really recall seeing a lot with Tre though or maybe it's just me? 

It sucks though I feel for you. Well if you see me after my shows you don't have to ask for a pic just shoot away :P  

but personally, I would have told Billie Joe the next day. Like hey man I love you guys but that was kinda silly... I get it he's human too and he doesn't have to agree to pics or anything he doesn't want to do but there's a proper way to navigate it. 

Although we also don't know what nutbars he may have ran into in all these years... Was he atleast nice before the whole pic issue? 

23 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

This x 1000. I'm technically "the media" and I'm so fucking sick of hearing about this already. Everybody is hysterical. 

I can't even buy the cleaning products I always keep stocked in the house because the idiots who apparently never washed anything until now have cleared the shelves entirely at the local stores. The closest cases confirmed in Ohio are 120 miles away, nowhere near us.

It's not that it's getting too much coverage, necessarily — it's too much coverage without rational context. This will not affect the majority of healthy people. But we need to take common sense precautions to prevent compromised people from being affected. That doesn't include stockpiling toilet paper and water. Just wash your fucking hands, stay away from people who have traveled to affected areas, cover your mouth when you cough, and stay home if you're not feeling well.

I honestly feel like some of these preemptive closures, such as universities like Ohio State, are doing more harm than good and causing more hysteria because people don't understand why it's happening, which is because most are on spring break right now and people will be returning to campus with germs from all over the country/world in one place.

This x1000! You said it so much better than I could've. This is exactly how I feel about what's going on.

Events of 500 people or more will now be shut down according to our government. A fair decision I think, it'll be helpful in our efforts to get this under control. Here in Sweden the media I take part of at least has been professional in their reporting on the virus. Just plain facts about the situation without trying to make it seem worse than it is and information on how to keep it from spreading. I haven't noticed any 'panic mode' over here either but maybe it's bound to happen lol. We'll just have to wait and see how this thing plays out I guess. 

Norway has now reached 600+ cases (we're in 4th place worldwide of cases per capita :sleep:), they're offically banning any indoor event of more than 500 people until the end of April (for now) and seeking to refuse non-nationals entry from the other high risk zones, this isn't looking super great for May :ermm:

53 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

H1N1 was a pandemic too. But it's now considerated as a typical seasonal flu. It's gonna be the same for the Covid-19.

Difference is: in 2009 social media wasn't popular so it was more difficult for the media to scare the world.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2020-03-10/how-coronavirus-compares-with-2009-s-h1n1-in-spread-and-reaction Facts are better.

Another thing that I also don't fully understand is people using the "high death rates" to justify hysteria.

Is it really fair to assume these numbers are accurate yet and representative of the entire world population when we just found out this virus existed three months ago? 

At least in Ohio, we didn't even have test kits until last week. We say we have 4 confirmed cases here, but I'm sure there are plenty others who have it and either aren't exhibiting severe symptoms, so they'll never get tested, or can't get tested due to a lack of kits.

29 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

It's not that it's getting too much coverage, necessarily — it's too much coverage without rational context. This will not affect the majority of  healthy people. But we need to take common sense precautions to prevent compromised people from being affected. That doesn't include stockpiling toilet paper and water. Just wash your fucking hands, stay away from people who have traveled to affected areas, cover your mouth when you cough, and stay home if you're not feeling well.

Actually professionals say it could infact effect a hell of a lot of the population....most will only have mild symptoms but thats not really the point. The point is to stop the spread. https://www.nbcnews.com/science/science-news/what-flatten-curve-chart-shows-how-critical-it-everyone-fight-n1155636 Its not about healthy people at this stage its about preventing the spread to protect people who arent so lucky to be fit and healthy. Yes panic buying is ridiculous but the not taking this seriously thing is even ore ridiculous. 

5 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Another thing that I also don't fully understand is people using the "high death rates" to justify hysteria.

Is it really fair to assume these numbers are accurate yet and representative of the entire world population when we just found out this virus existed three months ago? 

At least in Ohio, we didn't even have test kits until last week. We say we have 4 confirmed cases here, but I'm sure there are plenty others who have it and either aren't exhibiting severe symptoms, so they'll never get tested, or can't get tested due to a lack of kits.

The death rate wont be accurate until this thing passes but its more to do with the recovery time and the amount of people needing to be admitted to hospitals. Italy is the perfect example, Lombardy the hardest hit region there has one of the best healthcare systems and it is currently overloaded and at 200% capacity now if a world class healthcare system is bowing under the pressure than image those that are struggling. This is causing more hospital admissions than seasonal flu. At this point its about the collapse of the systems which will be devestating if this thing isint kept at bay.

51 minutes ago, EmmaCharlatan&Saints said:

Actually professionals say it could infact effect a hell of a lot of the population....most will only have mild symptoms but thats not really the point. The point is to stop the spread. https://www.nbcnews.com/science/science-news/what-flatten-curve-chart-shows-how-critical-it-everyone-fight-n1155636 Its not about healthy people at this stage its about preventing the spread to protect people who arent so lucky to be fit and healthy. Yes panic buying is ridiculous but the not taking this seriously thing is even ore ridiculous. 

I feel like you're just trying to argue with people at this point because I'm not really sure what I said that contradicts what you're saying? Healthy people won't be affected by symptoms, but healthy people should take precautions to not spread the disease to others.

And let's be real, people aren't panicking because they want to be altruistic — they're worried they're going to die or worse... not be able to wipe their ass, I guess.

51 minutes ago, EmmaCharlatan&Saints said:

The death rate wont be accurate until this thing passes but its more to do with the recovery time and the amount of people needing to be admitted to hospitals. Italy is the perfect example, Lombardy the hardest hit region there has one of the best healthcare systems and it is currently overloaded and at 200% capacity now if a world class healthcare system is bowing under the pressure than image those that are struggling. This is causing more hospital admissions than seasonal flu. At this point its about the collapse of the systems which will be devestating if this thing isint kept at bay.

I don't disagree with you, but again, this isn't what people are talking about. They're talking about the death rate.

I think you're talking past me, but we're on the same page. I'm not trying to cause an argument. I think a lot of people are missing the key points of what's happening.

49 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

I feel like you're just trying to argue with people at this point because I'm not really sure what I said that contradicts what you're saying? Healthy people won't be affected by symptoms, but healthy people should take precautions to not spread the disease to others.

And let's be real, people aren't panicking because they want to be altruistic — they're worried they're going to die or worse... not be able to wipe their ass, I guess.

I don't disagree with you, but again, this isn't what people are talking about. They're talking about the death rate.

I think you're talking past me, but we're on the same page. I'm not trying to cause an argument. I think a lot of people are missing the key points of what's happening.

Im certainly not trying to start an argument. Just seeing people dismiss this as nothing more than a flu is just really annoying at this point (not that you did that). People will talk about the worst of the worst rather than stay level headed and ya the media doesnt help. But no I dont want to start arguments Im just more interested in facts than either outright dismissal or fear mongering. 

I’m pretty sure the boys don’t want to risk catching it (them or their families), even if they use private jets to travel, they will still have to go through airports, stay in hotels, eat in restaurants, that could have had contact with “infected” persons, never mind the risks to thousands of fans  etc.  At this stage I can see the whole thing getting postponed.  If things get any worse, and it seems like it’s going to, I think decisions will be made in the next 2/3 weeks, rather than waiting till nearer the time, and leaving people hanging. 

5 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Cancel + reschedule as a normal GD tour. Thanks, corona.

Too late we're all gonna die because of the FACTS!

18 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Too late we're all gonna die because of the FACTS!

Still better than Hella Mega

3 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Cancel + reschedule as a normal GD tour. Thanks, corona.

Let's be honest if there was a corona outbreak between the hella mega bands only Green Day and Interrupters would be left standing at the end of it

Just now, Sheenius said:

Let's be honest if there was a corona outbreak between the hella mega bands only Green Day and Interrupters would be left standing at the end of it

The older you are the worse so think twice

3 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

The older you are the worse so think twice

yeah but Fall Out Boy isn't ready for Corona 

I actually wish they would just cancel it now. Just get it over with. I cannot stand the worrying and the if and but.

A smaller band I like had to cancel in DC (DC recommended all events 1000+ be postponed til at least April 1st) but there was some chatter of a house show happening instead which I think would be rad. 

NBA postponed their season and Tom Hanks has it. The world is wild. 

8 minutes ago, killjoywhatsername said:

NBA postponed their season and Tom Hanks has it. The world is wild. 

A player for Utah testes positive For it right before their game was to tip off. The NHL is supposed to make an announcement tonight regarding their remaining games.

edit: no decision for the NHL until tomorrow. They just released that statement - read on Wednesday Night Hockey.

Archived