Father of all Motherfuckers - What are your thoughts on the new album?

BeachBum

On 7/1/2020 at 1:07 AM, Bakabanas said:

As I got three 10s (which is amazing btw) from 1st year physics phd exams, Graffitia helped me to get through it.

So FOAM era is still going to me, however more like listening to individual songs than the whole album (Graffitia being the strongest grower for sure!)

CONGRATULATIONS!

2 hours ago, Verycool99 said:

Does Butch have vocals on SYITH? It sounds like him to me but no one has mentioned it as far as I know

I feel like there were interviews where it was mentioned that Butch did vocals on both SYITH and Graffitia.

I've only noticed recently how lacking this album is in solos. I think there's only like 2-4 guitar solos in the album (depending on what you consider a solo) and none of them are that good. Hell, if they just came up with some more decent solos, this album could be above the 30 minute mark

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I've only noticed recently how lacking this album is in solos. I think there's only like 2-4 guitar solos in the album (depending on what you consider a solo) and none of them are that good. Hell, if they just came up with some more decent solos, this album could be above the 30 minute mark

the whole foam lp is kinda boring for guitarists, even the trilogy or revrad was more fun to play on guitar

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

The trilogy had some great guitar solos! I don't get people that say "FOAM is trilogy done right". Like, how?

The argument, I assume, is because the production is better. The actual songs are a lot weaker tho

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Montclare said:

I feel like there were interviews where it was mentioned that Butch did vocals on both SYITH and Graffitia.

I thought I could hear him in graffitia too but I’ve never seen it mentioned at all so I just assumed it must be Billie 

Does Mike even do backing vocals anymore on their albums? Cause it seems like as time goes on, it's Billie doing the backing vocals more and more and sometimes it's hard to tell who's doing it.

5 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Does Mike even do backing vocals anymore on their albums? Cause it seems like as time goes on, it's Billie doing the backing vocals more and more and sometimes it's hard to tell who's doing it.

I think his last back vocal was in Sex, Drugs and Violence lol

• Sad 1

Just now, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I think his last back vocal was in Sex, Drugs and Violence lol

So he hasn't done any other vocals on the trilogy, RevRad or FOAM?

2 hours ago, Alf said:

How Foamf is the trilogy done better... most of UNO and a few bunch of songs from DOS and TRÉ are just the classic Green Day punk sound from the 90's, with a 'bad' production and a 'really bad' choice for clean guitars

Can‘t relate. I think the production itself is good on the trilogy

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alf said:

How Foamf is the trilogy done better... most of UNO and a few bunch of songs from DOS and TRÉ are just the classic Green Day punk sound from the 90's, with a 'bad' production and a 'really bad' choice for clean guitars

I think most people will disagree that the trilogy is classic GD punk from the 90s. There's a completely different sound between 90s GD and 2012 GD. The production of the trilogy never really bothered me though it was most people's biggest complaint with it and the guitars didn't bother me either. I always considered the lyrics to be the main issue and some songs were a bit underwhelming but these were issues that would be expected with a trilogy. FOAM has these issues too but with a 26 minute album, these issues are much less forgivable imo

Just now, Christian's Inferno! said:

I think most people will disagree that the trilogy is classic GD punk from the 90s. There's a completely different sound between 90s GD and 2012 GD. The production of the trilogy never really bothered me though it was most people's biggest complaint with it and the guitars didn't bother me either. I always considered the lyrics to be the main issue and some songs were a bit underwhelming but these were issues that would be expected with a trilogy. FOAM has these issues too but with a 26 minute album, these issues are much less forgivable imo

I love the trilogy, I have no complaints with the production but louder guitars are always better.

But the structure of the punk songs on the trilogy follow the same structure that songs on Insomniac, but with a different production. Put on some heavily distorted guitars there and it'll be the 90's sound all over again. Demolicious is around to prove i'm not completely insane affiming this 😂

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

So he hasn't done any other vocals on the trilogy, RevRad or FOAM?

I thought he was the one singing ''I ain't gonna stand in line no more'' in Forever Now, but it's not him.

On 7/27/2020 at 10:02 AM, Christian's Inferno! said:

Not really which is sad. Some of the best parts of an album like 39 smooth was Mike's backing vocals. He sounds great with Billie. 

Butch Walker did some on the last record and I thought he did a great job. 

• Like 3

I like to imagine Mike’s backing vocals are just mixed so finely in the background they’re barely audible.

9 hours ago, Sheenius said:

Not really which is sad. Some of the best parts of an album like 39 smooth was Mike's backing vocals. He sounds great with Billie. 

Butch Walker did some on the last record and I thought he did a great job. 

When did he stop doing them? Was the trilogy the first project where he stopped?

Sometimes I genuinely do feel that Billie and maybe Tre are the only ones who give a shit anymore. Mike seems to have checked out years ago. He just doesnt seem passionate about any of this anymore and the last albums have kinda shown 

• Like 3

Honestly it seems like Billie is the only one who’s still creatively involved, but he’s not pushing himself out of his comfort zone.

• Like 4

I think all three care but care more about having fun than pushing themselves and creating art. 

• Like 4