Father of all Motherfuckers - What are your thoughts on the new album?

BeachBum

4 minutes ago, Joe. said:

By who?

You, me and everybody else.   

It's the biggest hit of all time.   But probably not for long, I just finished my new album a few minutes ago.    I'm also giving Green Day a run for their money on stupid album titles.    I've been brainstorming titles for months and it finally came to me:    

Razzmatazz Shine!  

I wanted it to be short and sweet like FOAM, but I can't cut that many songs.   I started with 97 and got it down to 14.   

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, That Dude said:

You, me and everybody else.   

It's the biggest hit of all time.   But probably not for long, I just finished my new album a few minutes ago.    I'm also giving Green Day a run for their money on stupid album titles.    I've been brainstorming titles for months and it finally came to me:    

Razzmatazz Shine!  

I wanted it to be short and sweet like FOAM, but I can't cut that many songs.   I started with 97 and got it down to 14.   

So nobody then

• Like 1

Listening to the album more, I think some of the songs are a bit underwritten (and therefore unsatisfying even if I like them) and the rest spot on structurally speaking (they feel complete).  

Underwritten: FRA - Needs something more, not sure what.  Longer bridge maybe, or some additional lyrics with less repetition. It's just too short.

IWATT: This one may be the most frustrating.  It's so repetitive and therefore unnecessarily long.  I'm tempted to skip it except that I love the one verse and chorus it has, but it then proceeds to repeat the same verse twice and chorus three times with little change to the music.  Even the bridge is just a repeat of the melody.  This song had great potential I wish it had a second verse and a lyrical bridge and did not repeat the chorus three times without changes to the lyrics.  It's a great one minute idea played out for almost four.

Sugar Youth: Almost as frustrating as IWATT but in some ways more so because I love love love this song.  I just wish it had a bridge and the chorus (which is phenomenal) returned at the end of it.  It would have made an already great song perfect.

Graffitia: If I had my pick for longest song on the record, it would have been this one.  IWATT doesn't deserve to be nearly four minutes but Graffitia definitely does.  Again a second verse or a bridge, just a more interesting structure overall to go with what already is a great start.  

Spot on structurally speaking, wouldn't change a thing: FOAM (other than cutting back on the falsetto by about 50%), Oh Yeah, MMOTR, SYITH, JOAH, TTMAC

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Red said:

I am actually in tears 🤣

I was so busy posting it on here I forgot to watch it! 

"New Reality" by Green Day.   Oh, that would be sick!  

Maybe just another verse for Graffitia. Verse are my favorite part in this song. The chorus is pretty good too but not as catchy. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Maybe just another verse for Graffitia. Verse are my favorite part in this song. The chorus is pretty good too but not as catchy. 

Definitely could use another verse

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Definitely. Graffitia feels too short and it would suit it to be longer so the lyrics could play out some more

Yeah it gives you a taste that BJ has still got it but doesn't want to work that hard🙄

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

39/Smooth was many cigarettes ago 

They recorded most of those songs in their teens. Even though a kid's voice will change permanently around 14-15 the singing range doesn't really fully change until about 19-20. You can actually hear somewhat of a difference between 39/Smooth and Kerplunk. If you actually listen to the legitimate albums and not the compilations. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 17Gonzalo said:

Agree mostly with Graffitia. To short for the feeling of  the song... Everytime i hear it  I repeat, because in not enough... It has potential for  being a 4 or 5 minutes song

Maybe we will get other parts of Graffitia on later releases.  

Graffitia Part 0. 

Graffitia Part 2. 

Graffitia Part 3. 

Or maybe the one we already got is part 2.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Maybe we will get other parts of Graffitia on later releases.  

Graffitia Part 0. 

Graffitia Part 2. 

Graffitia Part 3. 

Or maybe the one we already got is part 2.  

#GraffitiaConceptAlbum:wub:

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Aidana Shyngysbayeva said:

So is is this the end of the hype? The pause is so underwhelming. They could be doing some live streams and play new songs, or maybe record a live video from their studio. Anything at this point would have been better.

It's the worst promotion in the histoiry of promotion.

• Like 2

This is so bad that I’m convinced there must be at least some underlying issues. There are professionals doing this, they surely know complete silence isn’t how you promote anything.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

This is so bad that I’m convinced there must be at least some underlying issues. There are professionals doing this, they surely know complete silence isn’t how you promote anything.

This. I suspect there is a lot that we don’t know that is behind this silence.

• Like 3