Father of all Motherfuckers - What are your thoughts on the new album?

BeachBum

5 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Taste might be right, the lyrics could be highly personal, and there is nothing wrong with that, yet I do not personally see anything special, witty, or note-worthy, like I saw with Dookie and American Idiot.

Also, although they might be very personal lyrics, I still personally fail to see authenticity in some songs (i.e. Teenage Teenager, Fire Ready Aim, Meet me on the Roof). Some of the songs could be mildly relatable, but I personally do not really think they would strongly impact or awe most people for their content and how it is expressed. That said, I am sure some people might strongly relate with those lyrics, I just do not think that they will impact as many people as Dookie and American Idiot did. 

Instead, I personally disagree with the humble component of this album. I actually thought they promoted the album in an especially obnoxious way.

I mean it's not really any different than how they promoted AI or 21CB. And the way they promote it doesn't really have anything to do with the album itself

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Taste said:

I mean it's not really any different than how they promoted AI or 21CB. And the way they promote it doesn't really have anything to do with the album itself

You are right, I am very sorry. I misunderstood you on that point. I apologize.

YES!  I purchased a physical copy from Target with no issues.   I did have to pee while there, and on the drive home but let's get into the album.   

Everything sounds much better than the rip I had. Still having some trouble understanding the lyrics, but it's not nearly as bad now.   I'm going to listen to the trouble songs with the book in hand soon.  

When I got home, the first thing I did was pull out my old copy of American Idiot and put them side by side.  I compared the arm for awhile before deciding it really wasn't that big of a deal.   It kind of is though, and if you have thoughts let me know.   

Is anyone going to rip the cover off their copy and use one of the other pages for a cover?   Because literally EVERY PAGE LOOKS BETTER THAN THE PUKING UNICORN, WHAT THE HECK GREEN DAY?    

On to the credits.   Oh boy.  OH NO.   

Did nobody write these songs, they just appeared from the ether?   I like my liner notes detailed, you buttholes!   

And the final blasphemy.  No vocals from Tre.   No vocals from Mike.  That nearly broke my own personal fandom right there.   NO MIKE VOCALS?   NO MIKE VOCALS?   NONE?   NOWHERE ON THIS MOTHERF***ER??????

Every vocal is Billie?   ???? 

There are no other instruments listed.  Come on.  I know there is more on this thing than guitar/bass/drums.   I know for a million percent fact.   Right?  Right?   Am I insane?   

Well, despite the missing Mike vocals (A new Network album with a silence Fink better be in the works, gosh darn mother freak it!) and some lying ass credits,   I am highly satisfied with my purchase.    

It smells nice.   It's has some strangely typed lyrics that are funny and robotic without the contractions and overall, well worth my money. 

About to blast "Roof", Stab", "Sugar", "Crawl" and "Graffitia" because those are the ones I need some lyrical memorization with.   

bye you buttholes.   
:) 

I bet if GD released most of their old albums for the first time in 2020, people would say "These are b-side quality." American Idiot has become the songwriting standard and that's just not realistic.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, That Dude said:

It's not only the perfect record, it's the perfect workout tecord! 

Fast paced, but with a few calmer moments so you don't kill yourself going super fast.

Good record to shag to 

• Like 1

Just happened to see the "Meet Me on the Roof" video as I finished the live feed.   WHOA!!!!! 

If there is a fifth single and video this will be the greatest Green Day era of all time!!!!!!

What if there is TEN VIDEOS AND TEN SINGLES!!!!!! 

Good record but it led me to listen to London Calling

London Calling > Foamf 

3 hours ago, That Dude said:

Just happened to see the "Meet Me on the Roof" video as I finished the live feed.   WHOA!!!!! 

If there is a fifth single and video this will be the greatest Green Day era of all time!!!!!!

What if there is TEN VIDEOS AND TEN SINGLES!!!!!! 

every song should be a single they should troll the record industry

2 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

Good record but it led me to listen to London Calling

London Calling > Foamf 

every song should be a single they should troll the record industry

I want the world overrun with Green Day singles of all calibers.    

Hey, speaking of London Calling.....it's about time Green Day release some covers as singles.   

How about "Jimmy Jazz" 

and THEN 

"Lost in the Super Market" 

Ahh, darn it.   Green Day should REMAKE London Calling.   And knock it out of the park so we think the original is trash.    

3 hours ago, That Dude said:

I want the world overrun with Green Day singles of all calibers.    

Hey, speaking of London Calling.....it's about time Green Day release some covers as singles.   

How about "Jimmy Jazz" 

and THEN 

"Lost in the Super Market" 

Ahh, darn it.   Green Day should REMAKE London Calling.   And knock it out of the park so we think the original is trash.    

I'd be cool if London Calling was remade by Green Day, Rancid, Rat Boy, Op Ivy come back and NOFX etc

• Love 1

Something really exciting!  

I've been blasting this thing ever since the leak leaked.   

But "Take the Money and Crawl" sounds completely new to me now, it's a miracle!   It was initially one of my least favorites, but now.....it's moving waaaay up the list.  

Just found another mistake in the printed lyrics though.   It says "full dull knife" in the booklet, but he does NOT say full.   

What a crazy night!    

OH AND ONE MORE THING! 

This is now the THIRD album to feature the RED/BLACK/WHITE scheme on the spine.   STOP IT.     Do a new color next time around.   Using red/black/white won't sell more records.    We know it's not American Idiot Part 2.   Shut the F**k Up! 

Also, I'm glad I'm not on whatever drugs that host was on!   That guy should shut the F*ck up Too!   

Sugar Youth.

Wow.

I really felt something upon listening to it for the first time...I literally almost burst into tears. I think that's when it finally hit me that Green Day is back. Sure, they never broke up or went anywhere haha but I'm sure anyone would know what I mean. There's something about that song that really really struck a chord with me. Maybe it's my overanalyzing interpretation of the lyrics, or maybe it's the desperate and lost yet forceful and passionate way BJA sings the line "I don't wanna be a Romeo."  the whole song is filled with chaotic energy. My second favorite on the album.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, 21st_century_gloria said:

Sugar Youth.

Wow.

I really felt something upon listening to it for the first time...I literally almost burst into tears. I think that's when it finally hit me that Green Day is back. Sure, they never broke up or went anywhere haha but I'm sure anyone would know what I mean. There's something about that song that really really struck a chord with me. Maybe it's my interpretation of it, or maybe it's the way BJA sings "I don't wanna be a Romeo."  the whole song is filled with chaotic energy. My second favorite on the album.

you told me life isn't about whore mongering and smoking cigars and drinking

but it makes sugar youth sound better

coke adds life where there isnt any so freeze

• Like 1

Just now, Sheenius said:

you told me life isn't about whore mongering and smoking cigars and drinking

but it makes sugar youth sound better

coke adds life where there isnt any so freeze

Maybe it's because I interpret the lyrics in a different way than I'm sure was intended 

• Like 1

As I waited in line at Target, I got self conscious about the album cover.   I wondered if I would get ID'd for it (I didn't).   

Then, a family got in line behind me and as the guy put the divider on the register, I flipped the CD over so his family wouldn't see the vulgar title (and stupid vomiting unicorn).   The cashier was a young guy, who showed no recognition as he rang up the cd.   

I felt like an outdated turd buying a cd, and thought about whether I was being pretentious buying an old outdated thing.   Deep thoughts.   Deep thoughts.   

Are CDS cool because they aren't cool?   Are they punk rock?   Are they evil?   Are they good?   Are they real?  

• Haha 2

Fire Ready Aim is better than Junkies on a High, Meet Me on the Roof, and Teenage Teenager

They're all better than Meet Me on the Roof :P and this isn't a Youngblood situation, since the roof will never grow on me

• Like 2

Maybe it's because I interpret the lyrics in a different way than I'm sure was intended 

but the real question is

if you dont live like Charlie Sheen

is life worth living? 

46 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I bet if GD released most of their old albums for the first time in 2020, people would say "These are b-side quality." American Idiot has become the songwriting standard and that's just not realistic.

I mean Warning is one of my favorites even though it’s more experimental and I still think this album is B-side quality. To me, it very literally sounds like the B-sides they’ve put out previously. Or their side projects. I have friends who are casual listeners, who didn’t know my opinion of the album yet, and said “it kinda sounds like they just threw it together.” 

I love American Idiot, but I don’t expect all of their albums to be like that. But I do expect to like more than three songs on a 26-minute album. I usually only find one or two songs to sound like filler. The whole first half sounds like filler to me this time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, stories and songs said:

I mean Warning is one of my favorites even though it’s more experimental and I still think this album is B-side quality. To me, it very literally sounds like the B-sides they’ve put out previously. Or their side projects. I have friends who are casual listeners, who didn’t know my opinion of the album yet, and said “it kinda sounds like they just threw it together.” 

I love American Idiot, but I don’t expect all of their albums to be like that. But I do expect to like more than three songs on a 26-minute album. I usually only find one or two songs to sound like filler. The whole first half sounds like filler to me this time.

I'm obsessed with Side B

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sheenius said:

but the real question is

if you dont live like Charlie Sheen

is life worth living? 

As @Matt. might say,

"Life's waiting to begin" :P 

As @Matt. might say,

"Life's waiting to begin" :P 

life is waiting for your coke dealer to come so you can bring out tiger blood

so who's holding the blood? 

There are some strange, very questionable items over at the official Green Day store.  

Drug Paraphernalia?   Wow. 

Car Air Freshener?   OH YEAH.   That's where I'm at in life right now.   But what does vomiting unicorn smell like?   Good?   

I went because I want that FOA Dark Roast coffee, but I don't want any stupid shit to go with it.   Just mountains of coffee to drink.   

Smells and Coffees. 

No drugs, thanks. 

• Confused 1