Green Day to play “The Ellen Degeneres Show” on February 7th

Yosuke Hanamura

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha! Martha and Snoop Dogg... Maybe Mike will bring samples of his weed for Snoop 

Don't care for Ellen or her "show" but it's good exposure to a mainstream audience.

32 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I want them to jam with Snoop Dog. Or do a song together, that'd be awesome 

Longview 2020?

4 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Her audience is such a weird one for Green Day. Last time it seemed super awkward.

&BJ sounded super shit but still can't wait - I love Ellen.

13 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Her audience is such a weird one for Green Day. Last time it seemed super awkward.

True, but that’s because Ellen’s target audience is really not that of Green Day’s. Credit where it’s due though, at least the audience looked like they were having some fun when they played in 2016.

1 hour ago, Freezing Melons said:

I just hope they don't forget to bleep out any swearing on this broadcast

I think it’s taped the day before so I’m sure they will edit any swearing out 

2 hours ago, UNICORN VOMIT said:

&BJ sounded super shit but still can't wait - I love Ellen.

I have a bad association with that appearance because of Still Breathing being painfully off-key, so I’m really hoping this performance takes that memory away.

42 minutes ago, Billie Joe's Eyelids said:

I have a bad association with that appearance because of Still Breathing being painfully off-key, so I’m really hoping this performance takes that memory away.

I know & I had my friends all watching - I was a little embarrassed.😘

1 hour ago, Billie Joe's Eyelids said:

I never want to hear SB live again

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I never want to hear SB live again

Hubby says it's the worst song BJ has ever written - he has never heard Youngblood😋

15 minutes ago, UNICORN VOMIT said:

Hubby says it's the worst song BJ has ever written - he has never heard Youngblood😋

I actually like the recorded version, but live? 🤮

34 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I actually like the recorded version, but live? 🤮

Coincidentally I just listened to their live performance from the James Corden and thought it sounded great. Also listened to the performance from Colbert show and it was not as good.
I’ll have to admit Billie’s vocals are not consistent when performing Still Breathing though, some performance sounded great some less so.

However,  I remember really enjoying the song during the RevRad tour: Billie shows vulnerability when performing it and I really liked that. Also it might have been followed by Forever Now at the shows and it was perfect.

Yeah I also remember enjoying SB live on tour and I'm sure I watched that Ellen performance, but I don't remember it being bad. I'm gonna have to rewatch it. Maybe I was just so excited about seeing the boys on TV.

I must have some sort of auto correct thing running throughout my house, sounds pretty good to me.  I am not a big fan of Ellen but I think I GD would be a hilarious interview, possibly even better with Snoop Dog and Martha Stewart 😂😂 who on earth put those two together, is it a joke?

Archived