Green Day on GMA 2/10

Billie Joes Eyelids

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to know how many people in the crowd were confused by Tre's getup? 🤣

Y'all are jinxing yourselves. I feel like now they'll keep playing Oh Yeah at all their shows ten years from now like KYE lol

I think FOAM is better live than recorded and Oh Yeah is the opposite. I know some really like it, but I find Oh Yeah to be a really weak song in general. Not sure why they chose it as a single.

I like to imagine they actually drank all the coffee. They ran around backstage and started chugging coffee straight from the pot 😂

I think the ‘live’ version sounds more cohesive than the recorded track, which to me sounds like 3 disjointed parts bunged together.  I like the “Everybody is a star” and the “ahahah’s”  but the verses just don’t seem to go with the rest of the song on the album track. The Oh Yeahs are ok, nothing brilliant though.

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

A bit rough on the vocals, are we. This wasn't perfect, but not outright bad, except for the aaaahs, they're out of tune.

The aaaaahs didn’t bother me here, they were definitely out of tune on Ellen. This was better. But the voice cracking was unfortunate (though a little cute 😊)

At least we know they aren't lip-syncing.

The voice crack was a little cute. Billie Joe's finally hitting puberty! 😂

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

The aaaaahs didn’t bother me here, they were definitely out of tune on Ellen. This was better. But the voice cracking was unfortunate (though a little cute 😊)

I don't know. I think they were out of tune here too. Someone with a better ear than mine should give their opinion, but this performance sounds a bit off to me. The crack made just me go "ow," that was a little bummer. 

1 minute ago, DadBod said:

It was about time! :lol:

18 minutes ago, DadBod said:

Hey maybe he'll have a growth spurt! 🤣

2 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

Hey maybe he'll have a growth spurt! 🤣

And grow some hair on his chest 😊

I think Billie sounded pretty good if not a little tired. I don't think Green Day suit these very corporate mainstream performances. 

4 hours ago, DadBod said:

lol I laughed at that 

I thought they sounded better than the other day but he's never sounded good on morning TV. The only people who can properly project their voice at 5-7 am are moms with infants. 

4 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

And grow some hair on his chest 😊

I'd like to see where else he's growing hair ;)  

2 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Am I the only one who thinks this sounds worse than on Ellen?

I thought he sounded off tune through the whole song on this, whereas with Ellen it was only in a couple of places. This song is the Still Breathing of FOAMF. I don’t think he’ll ever be able to sing it well. It’s just not suited for his voice. 

1 minute ago, michael1989 said:

I just can't stop thinking how much better the current promotion would be if they were playing Meet Me On The Roof instead.

That song is mostly falsetto I wonder how that would sound live.  I’m curious to hear how he pulls off any of these new songs I think he used a lot of studio tricks and they may all sound very different 

Does anyone think that the time of day for these last 2 performances has anything to do with his voice?  I have friends who perform and they always say how hard it is to warm up their voice earlier in the day.  Just wondering.

5 minutes ago, Biddymc said:

Does anyone think that the time of day for these last 2 performances has anything to do with his voice?  I have friends who perform and they always say how hard it is to warm up their voice earlier in the day.  Just wondering.

Yeah I also think its because it was early. Harder to warm up/ sing super early in the day

Archived