Green Day on GMA 2/10

Billie Joes Eyelids

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

😂😂😂 I love how awkward he is 

No cap, it's kinda adorable heh😋😝

Probably the best performance of this song so far, something's up with Billie's voice though. I wonder what song they will do tonight at that Cordon show.

Is it me or was this just the wrong audience for them to perform for? What's up with the front row cheerleader-wannabes?

Did anybody catch the name of the venue that GMA was airing from? I need it for the download section.

EDIT: 

Nevermind.

46 minutes ago, Beyza said:

I listened to it again. It sounds very good but the sound of the instruments seemed to me not so balanced or a little high in some parts but great performance overall. I really love that song in the album unlike the majority of people 

I love the album version of the song and was very excited to hear it live. But I'm not a fan of the live version to be honest, sadly.

13 minutes ago, Karol Oliveira said:

Billie's definitely is struggling with his voice!

Was he flat through the whole thing? I need verification from someone that I’m not hearing things.

I thought he was actually more on key during the chorus on Ellen.

Here is the performance via GMA

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/culture/video/green-day-performs-hit-yeah-68880586

@kaylubd

Just listened/watched it. I thought he sounded fine. The, very minor, voice crack on verse 2 - if people hadn't mentioned it, I probably wouldn't have noticed. That said, it was like 6:30 in the morning when they performed this.

12 minutes ago, Billie Joe's Eyelids said:

Was he flat through the whole thing? I need verification from someone that I’m not hearing things.

I thought he was actually more on key during the chorus on Ellen.

Not exactly flat, some parts were good some a bit off and missed a couple of notes here and there.

To me It seems more like he's not confident with this type of songs :(

Me after watching the performance:

I thought it sounded good! I liked it better than the first two performances of the song. Yeah it needs see work still but seems like it's improving each time.

And do I need to say it? Billie looked sooooo cute in his glitter tux 😍

Still not perfect, still think they have to find a better way to execute it, but it’s much better than last time, and a more then enjoyable performance. Billie’s voice is not perfect, but tbh he performed worse than this in the past. The recovery from a a bad cold would be enough explain this IMHO. 

2 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

Me after watching the performance:

https://mobile.twitter.com/_pvnkrocker_/status/1225800480816848898

I thought it sounded good! I liked it better than the first two performances of the song. Yeah it needs see work still but seems like it's improving each time.

And do I need to say it? Billie looked sooooo cute in his glitter tux 😍

I definitely agree with that last sentence. But such a shame that they have to do album promo with this song when there are so many from the album that would come off a lot better live. 

1 minute ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

Still not perfect, still think they have to find a better way to execute it, but it’s much better than last time, and a more then enjoyable performance. Billie’s voice is not perfect, but tbh he performed worse than this in the past. The recovery from a a bad cold would be enough explain this IMHO. 

If they can't find a better way to execute it then just don't play it :P

sorry I really can't stand this song.

9 minutes ago, Billie Joe's Eyelids said:

I definitely agree with that last sentence. But such a shame that they have to do album promo with this song when there are so many from the album that would come off a lot better live. 

I do agree with this, I hope they will switch to MMOTR. 

There are better live choices from the album, but I still think Oh Yeah has potential to be good live. If anything, these performances are probably helping them figure out if they want to include it on the setlist for the tour. You know how much work goes into making those setlists🤣

While I enjoy any excuse to see the boys on TV, it was still weird to see them do an Oscar related thing. I enjoyed it, but it just seems off for them similar to how people felt about the Game Awards. Why have them on for the Oscars when they could've had them for a regular performance or brought them back for the summer concert series?

Archived