Dream Setlist for 2020/2021 shows! What songs stay, and what songs go?

1039Revolutions

1 minute ago, legendary said:

You're wrong, 21st Century Breakdown is the perfect opener.

The 21CB tour was totally awesome with that as an opener. Not sure it would work as well today, and I still think AI is better for a general audience. But yeah, as a fan having that was absolutely magnificent at the time. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, legendary said:

You're wrong, 21st Century Breakdown is the perfect opener.

That song needs to be brought back

• Love 3

I think I understand why they use KYE but I wish they wouldn't, I've never been a huge fan of it and think its a weaker moment on 21CB. I do not understand why they opened during RevRad with it and not BB!  I seem to remember they opened 21CB tour with Song of the Century, 21CB and KYE so hoping we get something similar with the Hella Mega tour.

• Like 2

I'm kind of over the whole 15-minute King For a Day/Shout medley. They could easily fit 2-4 shorter songs in that space. I'd love to hear some older songs that aren't played as often in its place, like stuff from 1039, Kerplunk ,or Insomniac, for example. 

I'm also over KYE as the opener. I'd like to see Welcome to Paradise or American Idiot in its place. When they opened the Kevin & Bean set with Welcome to Paradise and went directly into Basket Case, I was all over that. That would be an excellent high-energy opener. I also loved how they did Brain Stew flowing directly into Bang Bang. I hope that stays.

I'll hold off on coming up with a full "dream setlist" until we've heard all the new songs and I can decide which ones would sound good live and how I would structure a setlist around them. Obviously the title track is gonna be a staple of the tour, and I think it's much better live than on the album so I'm looking forward to it. 

In general, I would love to hear more Insomniac and Kerplunk songs, Dookie songs other than the singles, maybe something from 21CB that isn't KYE or 21 Guns (though I'd love the full-band version of 21 Guns to come back!). The Dookie and American Idiot singles can stay, they're staples of the live set and I wouldn't want to do without them. But if they ever threw in Homecoming or Whatsername I'd die! And I hope Letterbomb stays. Gotta love a live performance of Letterbomb.

And I want Stay The Night in the live rotation. It was always the highlight of the Longshot shows and I think the band underestimated how popular that song is. And it's got great live energy. Watch the performance of that song from the Montreaux Jazz Festival for a good example of how great that song can be live. 

Edited by Emilius
typos
  • Like 1

Stay the Night

FOAM

Fire, Ready, Aim

Bang Bang

Back in the USA

X-Kid

Worry Rock

The Grouch

Redundant

Uptight

Fashion Victim

Let Yourself Go

Kill the DJ

21 Guns

Give Me Novocaine

Letterbomb

ENCORE

Forever Now

Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Whatsername

Christie Road

J. A. R. 

21st century breakdown

Homecoming

Whatsername

Forever now

Dirty Rotten Bastards

This should be the base of any GD concert (always played)... Are my favourite Green Day songs

2 minutes ago, Tubbie Head said:

Since Billie said he hates long songs now do you think they'll still play JOS?

I reeeally hope so 😕

41 minutes ago, Emilius said:

I'm kind of over the whole 15-minute King For a Day/Shout medley. They could easily fit 2-4 shorter songs in that space. I'd love to hear some older songs that aren't played as often in its place, like stuff from 1039, Kerplunk ,or Insomniac, for example. 

I'm also over KYE as the opener. I'd like to see  American Idiot in its place. 

And I want Stay The Night in the live rotation. 

I'm not over the whole King For a Day thing but they easily can play just that song 
I would like to have 21st Century Breakdown as a opener, so bad 

8 minutes ago, Tubbie Head said:

Yeah, he also said it's his favourite song, and they played it in Madrid. It's not gonna disappear :) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tubbie Head said:

I see this kind of message too much on Reddit especially. I'm pretty sure he hates long songs only on albums, but on live his favorite is still Jesus of Suburbia and hell, they have even played Father of All twice in a row because it's too damn short.

Then again, maybe this was a bait that I took and I can go cry myself in a corner now.

As for the topic, as long as Stop When The Red Lights Flash is once again brought to setlist and 21st Century Breakdown as opener, I'm happy. Fire, Ready, Aim would be nice to hear live too but unless they are not playing that during NHL show, I feel like it won't be played live at all.

Oh yeah, fuck Know Your Enemy and King For A Day. Those songs need to go.

• Like 1

1. Father Of All...

2. Know Your Enemy

3. Fire Ready Aim

4. Revolution Radio

5. Stay The Night

6. Holiday

7. Boulevard Of Broken Dreams

8. Longview

9. Hitchin' A Ride

10. Brain Stew

11. Bang Bang

12. Oh Yeah

13. Armatage Shanks

14. Welcome To Paradise

15. When I Come Around

16. Knowledge

17. Basket Case

18. She

19. Wake Me Up When September Ends

20. 21st Century Breakdown

21. King For A Day

22. Minority

23. Stil Breathing

24. Homecoming

----------------------------

25. American Idiot

26. Jesus Of Suburbia

----------------------------

27. 21 Guns

28. Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)

• Love 2

All 10 songs from FOAM, Lazy Bones, Dirty Rotten Bastards, and the rest could be whatever else they want would be my dream setlist for 2020 shows

8 minutes ago, Eric said:

All 10 songs from FOAM, Lazy Bones, Dirty Rotten Bastards, and the rest could be whatever else they want would be my dream setlist for 2020 shows

Considering that playing FOAM entirely would probably take them less time than playing all the AI songs they were playing during the AI tour, that’s actually doable (and a potential cause of heart attack for someone) 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

Considering that playing FOAM entirely would probably take them less time than playing all the AI songs they were playing during the AI tour, that’s actually doable (and a potential cause of heart attack for someone) 😂

Yeah but knowing them they will leave out songs from FOAM, when they really just need to play everything new or songs they have yet to play live. 

I actually really don't care what GD play - I'd just like to be able to see them play with only one support like in the past! :lol:

• Like 4

Going from their standard RevRad playlist, get rid of- KYE, RevRad, Letterbomb, Youngblood, 2000LYA, Knowledge, She, Burnout, JOS

Add in- various FOAM songs, Misery, All the Time, Worry Rock, Horseshoes and Hand Grenades, 8th Ave Serenade, Walk Away.  And if we're doing total pipe dreams, add in Do Da Da and Suffocate.  I'd also love it if Billie would do what he did at the end of shows during 21CB with snippets of softer songs being done acoustically (and definitely include Redundant here).

And always, always, always keep KFAD. :)

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, pouty bitch said:

I just want some goddamn Insomniac representation!

I still long for the day that I hear panic song live.. but let's just face it, it's never gonna happen. It would have happened on the RevRad tour if it was ever going to happen at all.

The perfect response to Billie for the above message would be

“If your too lazy then just get Jason to play it like you do with every other song” 🤣

• Haha 3

• Hermione changed the title to Dream Setlist for (2020) 2021 shows! What songs stay, and what songs go?
  • Hermione changed the title to Dream Setlist for 2020/2021 shows! What songs stay, and what songs go?