"Oh Yeah!" Single

HAPPY ZOMBIE UNICORN

I always thought I could see past some of these thing but I have a Lostprophets song on my gym playlist and every time it comes on I cringe slightly.  It’s not an easy one.  

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well my peeps this song has been an ear worm for me for the last 3 days.  

I think it means I like it.  I think. 

14 minutes ago, lizziebix said:

Well my peeps this song has been an ear worm for me for the last 3 days.  

I think it means I like it.  I think. 

I bet Fat Mike likes it. Some time in 2026 when people forget this song NOFX is gonna cover it and change the lyrics 

20 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

I bet Fat Mike likes it. Some time in 2026 when people forget this song NOFX is gonna cover it and change the lyrics 

You think Fat Mike will be around in 2026....interesting! 

On 1/19/2020 at 12:46 PM, Sheenius said:

I don't think it's that. With albums like Insomniac, American Idiot and 21cb he's basically dug himself into a hole he'll never be able to climb out of. 

His approach is different and was also different on Rev Rad as well. I think the lyrics are a lot more open ended than previous GD albums which means people have to think and work for the meaning rather than get it shoved down their throats for them. 

Sadly, this is the era we live in. Everything written is taken in verbatim or as the person wants to interpret it. You have no ideas how many times I've said something or sent a text message that has some meaning that's between the lines. Flies over everyone's heads or completely misunderstood. 

Good point. Some folks (certainly not me) look past Nimrod, but I think that was the height of Billie’s lyric writing. Some of that stuff is genius- All the Time, Grouch, Scattered, Worry Rock, etc.- were a very impressive combination of wit, humor (at times dark), and observation. I’m not just hanging on to the past either- he’s had more recent examples of great lyric writing in my opinion (Forever Now, much of 21CB, lots of the Trilogy)...but at times Nimrod was lyrical genius. 

1 hour ago, TimmyChunks said:

Good point. Some folks (certainly not me) look past Nimrod, but I think that was the height of Billie’s lyric writing. Some of that stuff is genius- All the Time, Grouch, Scattered, Worry Rock, etc.- were a very impressive combination of wit, humor (at times dark), and observation. I’m not just hanging on to the past either- he’s had more recent examples of great lyric writing in my opinion (Forever Now, much of 21CB, lots of the Trilogy)...but at times Nimrod was lyrical genius. 

Nimrod is the one that started it all for me.  Scattered and Worry Rock are chillingly fantastic.

If the unicorn decides to release any more bodily fluids onto an album cover, that would be my choice. Haha.

Actually, Nimrod WOULD look pretty cool with some black on the background as well.  

6 hours ago, Sheenius said:

ooh ok so this is kinda random but I would LOVE to hear a NOFX cover of a green day song. And I've been imagining what a green day cover of "franco un-american" would sound like for quite a while.

Dammit... after ripping on their new stuff thus far, I think I actually like this song... :lol: 

3 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Dammit... after ripping on their new stuff thus far, I think I actually like this song... :lol: 

Same. It's actually my favourite that they've released so far. :P 

3 minutes ago, Lindsay said:

Same. It's actually my favourite that they've released so far. :P 

I like them in the reverse order of them being released, but they've never been very good at picking singles anyway, right? :P 

I'm kind of sad that we've already listened to a good chunk of the album, though, since it's so short. :( 

But there's no way I have enough willpower to resist listening!

Has anyone heard this song playing on the radio? Since I don’t really listen to the radio anymore after I got rid of my car, I’m a bit in the dark when it comes to what’s playing on the radio nowadays.

39 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

ha I was just wondering where you been🥰

13 minutes ago, Zebahar said:

Has anyone heard this song playing on the radio? Since I don’t really listen to the radio anymore after I got rid of my car, I’m a bit in the dark when it comes to what’s playing on the radio nowadays.

I don't listen to rock radio much since it's mostly the same 50 90s songs on repeat, but I haven't heard any of the new songs and neither have my friends.

1 minute ago, DookieLukie said:

I don't listen to rock radio much since it's mostly the same 50 90s songs on repeat, but I haven't heard any of the new songs and neither have my friends.

Our rock station is the same 60's and 70's songs + 5 90's songs. 

29 minutes ago, Zebahar said:

I havnt heard oh yeah yet, but my local rock station and alternative station love to play father of all!

Haven't heard it (rarely listen to radio), but just checked my local station's playlist and they played it an hour ago.

Edit: They've played it 3 times today.

Jealous. Still have yet to hear any of the new songs on my local alternative channel but hey they played American Idiot, Good Riddance and BOBD today 🙄

On 1/19/2020 at 5:44 PM, 21st_century_gloria said:

I kinda feel like GD pushing Joan Jett's role in covering the song (as opposed to Gary Glitter as the writer, even calling Glitter out as an "asshole") as well as donating the royalties to RAINN, even having a female director, etc, makes it more of a middle finger to Glitter himself, if you will? Making sure he doesn't get any positive attention. 

Wonder if Glitter gets any royalties as the writer? I hope not

1 minute ago, Thelongshot said:

Wonder if Glitter gets any royalties as the writer? I hope not

He doesn't. This was addressed in the description of the song's video. 

Just now, Sheenius said:

He doesn't. This was addressed in the description of the song's video. 

@Sheenius GDC best potential mod 2020 awards😋

Just now, UNICORN VOMIT said:

@Sheenius GDC best potential mod 2020 awards😋

I'm actually working on purchasing the site right now. Best potential overlord. 

Gonna rename it to GDSheen

18 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

I'm actually working on purchasing the site right now. Best potential overlord. 

Gonna rename it to GDSheen

Let's take this thing over!  

We can let people talk about "Oh Yeah" until March, but then it's got to shift to be more focused on my new album, coming soon! 

Polishing up some tracks tonight, but try as I might - can't make anything that sound remotely like Green Day.   :( 

5 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Let's take this thing over!  

We can let people talk about "Oh Yeah" until March, but then it's got to shift to be more focused on my new album, coming soon! 

Polishing up some tracks tonight, but try as I might - can't make anything that sound remotely like Green Day.   :( 

I can help you rise and be on the next GD album. We can take this forum down with no survivors. 

Those who defy us must answer to Golgotha. 

36 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Funny enough, that means you sound exactly like Green Day right now.

2 hours ago, UNICORN VOMIT said:

ha I was just wondering where you been 🥰

I was sick for the entire month of December. It was the worst virus I’ve ever had, so I wasn’t doing much of anything. Between that, spending a lot of time fixing up the new house and not being thrilled about the new music, I was unintentionally putting GDC on the back burner. 

But then this song got stuck in my head. :P 

Archived