Green Day will perform on “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest 2020”

redline punk

FOAM was great. Also I thought it was sweet how after the WICA performance when the camera switched back to New York the co-host Lucy Hale gave a quick song fact about how WICA was written about Adrienne. 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Forever Now said:

FOAM was great. Also I thought it was sweet how after the WICA performance when the camera switched back to New York the co-host Lucy Hale gave a quick song fact about how WICA was written about Adrienne. 

Which is wasn’t lol

4 minutes ago, 21st_century_gloria said:

Isnt that video the full song??????

The one that I posted in this thread?

I'm pretty sure it is the whole song last time i checked but maybe I'm just stupid or have a horrid memory :P 

YouTube is down for me right now so I can’t watch the one you linked but there are fan edits with the full song and an official NHL version that omits the line “Kick the dog when the whistle blows” and possibly another but for sure that one is cut.  

7 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

YouTube is down for me right now so I can’t watch the one you linked but there are fan edits with the full song and an official NHL version that omits the line “Kick the dog when the whistle blows” and possibly another but for sure that one is cut.  

Idk, this one doesn't seem like a fan edit. It's got all the lyrics and seems like it's pretty legit. You probably know better than me though...

9 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Link doesn’t work for me. 

I’ll upload it on the Music Video thread in a few days, since that’s the only upload of it.

8 minutes ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

I didn’t see this version before, pretty cool, thanks for sharing!

Glad you enjoyed it!

11 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

I’ll upload it on the Music Video thread in a few days, since that’s the only upload of it.

Glad you enjoyed it!

Got it working (having wifi issues) yeah this is a cool version I’ve never seen it but it’s still not the full song it’s cut short at the end.  I should clarify apart from video edits made for NHL promotional purposes, there is no official Green Day music video of the complete song.  

I like both FRA videos, but think the one @Yosuke Hanamura posted is a really well done promo, better than most, and it’s fun.

Also, I love Billie’s silver shoes from the NYE show.

2 hours ago, Karl Karlson said:

So I downloaded the whole New Year's Eve thingy and cut out both GD songs (no editing or conversion otherwise!)

HDTV 720p / 59.94fps / 5.1 + 2.0 audio
"When I Come Around" and "Father of All..."

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CY7NHxee9h-kowMKK6TpC1bKyiBO9SYp

Just got around to watching this after all the Longshot hubbub and holy shit Billie sounded fantastic!! He even hit the high “oh yeah yeah”s after the refrain .

3 hours ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

Is it just me or does this version sound better? Like...the guitars sounds deeper and slower. I compared the YouTube version with this video and the guitar track is DEFINITELY different. And the guitar intro goes a few extra seconds after the drums come in.

1 hour ago, DookieLukie said:

I compared the YouTube version with this video and the guitar track is DEFINITELY different.

Not to be that guy, but it was originally uploaded on Facebook. :lol:

1 hour ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

Not to be that guy, but it was originally uploaded on Facebook. :lol:

What's that have to do with it sounding different?

47 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

What's that have to do with it sounding different?

Nothing really. Just wanted to point that out.

1 minute ago, Todd said:

Any idea of the venue yet?

Unfortunatelly not. I found out the date through the getty images photos. But there are no indication of the venue, only that it was in hollywood, which we already know

1 hour ago, Alf said:

The date the show was recorded is november 23rd

Wow didn’t think it would have been that long ago! Weird to pretend it’s New Years in November 😄

I’m with @DookieLukie I think this version of Foam sounded great, I am happy Billie has dropped the high scream after the second verse and liked the growl in its place and then the but at the end which I have no idea how to describe, a sort of ascending scream?  Great performance. 👏👏👏

Archived