pacejunkie punk

18 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I prefer incels but little dweebs will do 

How about shit for brains?

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

That’s so cool. My daughter is studying TV production and that’s exactly the kind of work she’s learning to do in the control booth for their live shows.  I showed her this vid and she explained to me how it all works because otherwise it just looks chaotic.

13 hours ago, Montclare said:

She wasn't calling people who play video games little dweebs. She was saying people who are assholes in comment sections in general.

Thanks @Montclare you are spot on, I have no problem with gamers at all, but not keen on those folk who sit behind keyboards and spout poison.

@Yosuke Hanamura great find, thanks.

The "ok boomer" meme is hilarious when it's used against an actual boomer spouting some sort of backwards and bigoted political opinion.  However, it just makes no sense when used against Green Day, who are Gen Xers.  Hell, most of their fans are probably either Gen X themselves (the ones that got into them in the 90s either before or with Dookie) or Millennials (the ones who got into them in the mid-00s with AI).  Everyone older than you isn't a boomer, Gen Z. lol

That being said, Green Day playing the Game Awards does seem kind of ill-fitting.  Most hardcore gamers I know are more into metal and soundtrack music.

I guess I didn't see their inclusion as weird. It's an award show, award shows usually have performances. I don't think the game awards have had them in the past, but it looks like they're interested in adding music acts to get a bigger draw. And the Beat Saber pack probably sweetened the deal, so to me it made some sense. 

On 12/16/2019 at 2:04 PM, blackplanet said:

The "ok boomer" meme is hilarious when it's used against an actual boomer spouting some sort of backwards and bigoted political opinion.  However, it just makes no sense when used against Green Day, who are Gen Xers.  

That being said, Green Day playing the Game Awards does seem kind of ill-fitting.  Most hardcore gamers I know are more into metal and soundtrack music.

Most of the troll conformists who use the "ok boomer" response can't even tell you that the end of the baby boomers was the birth year of 1964. A common trend in 2019 just spew a bunch of shit you heard someone else say while pretending you know what it is. Holden Caulfield would be starting the apocalypse if he was real and here in 2019. I just bought a nice mid-level desktop computer for myself a month back that holds more valid information than most humans that i know 😂

So when it comes to gaming and music I've found it to be a bit more diverse in my own experience. I'm a big retro gaming collector with a presence online as well as in my local community. I actually helped set up Toronto's biggest retro games store back in 2005-2006 and have met so many collectors and fans by being involved there over the last 14 years or so. Metal is definitely a popular genre but so is Alternative and Punk. Even Classic Rock and Hip Hop too. Then of course you get those who fall more into the influence of Asia and are into their popular music such as Kpop or Japanese rock. I can't really go on more about that my influence of Japanese culture is pretty much JRPGS and Hi-Standard and some other random things. 

Green Day was a decent fit for the game awards. When the announcement dropped there was lots of positive comments and excitement. Those comments rolling up the side of Youtube were just trolls. Like @jengd stated just little dweebs that have keyboards. I watched the majority of the event and I saw negative comments about literally everything that happened that night. 

The chat in the livestream I was watching had quite a few people excited for their performance. We were all cheering on Green Day. Some others were confused and one person just didn't get it. I'll never forget their comment of "why are you playing to the wall, dude?" -_- Have you been to a rock concert? :lol: But all in all the chat was cool. 

38 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

"why are you playing to the wall, dude?" -_- Have you been to a rock concert? :lol: But all in all the chat was cool. 

did you respond "ok boomer"? 😂

2 minutes ago, DadBod said:

did you respond "ok boomer"? 😂

I wish! I swear that quote will live on in infamy for me, much like the time someone told me American Idiot had "too many guitars." 

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

Playing to the wall?

It was the part where Billie goes near the amps (I think) and plays guitar. 

So I've been screwing with people on the insta posts for GD @ the game awards. One guy tried to say Queen is basic or some shit like that and tried to use papa roach to back up his argument. 

How KORNy. Nu metal is a plague. 

Lol at everyone taking random internet comments seriously from what probably some 12 year olds on the other end. Its not that deep. 😂

9 minutes ago, EmmaCharlatan&Saints said:

Lol at everyone taking random internet comments seriously from what probably some 12 year olds on the other end. Its not that deep. 😂

Remember this wisdom next time you disagree with someone on GDC :lol:

On 12/21/2019 at 8:53 PM, Beerjeezus said:

Remember this wisdom next time you disagree with someone on GDC :lol:

Few others should probably take it on board more so :confused:

• 4 weeks later...

Beat Saber are giving away @GreenDay Music Packs all weekend:

Archived