Green Day on Howard Stern (Sirius XM)

Squashie

So gooooood! I hope we get video of AI and WMUWSE as well!

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Thatsername said:

Oh, for the love of God, please don’t let this he about a collab.

I have listened and listened and watched and watched and do not even begin to understand the noise around Billie Eilish, it totally passes me by, I just don’t get it.

1 hour ago, Thatsername said:

Oh, for the love of God, please don’t let this he about a collab. If they’re doing a Billie Eilish collab, the last tiny spark of hope I have left for this era will say sayonara. 

I don't know her music at all, but what else could the interview possibly be for... next song is a collab, I bet. It's kind of meh from the aspect that they're doing a collab with someone who's currently super popular, because it seems desperate for attention, but I'll try to overcome this bias.

Tour with fob, the tick tok account...BE fits the pattern of this "hi fellow kids" route that they're taking. I don't know, please don't end up as embarrassing ole' guys trying to act like teenagers, that's all I ask for.

Hmm, was there such a long gap between videos last time? I mean, I'm genuinely asking, because I don't remember that. Last time round we had an audio recording of the live-stream anyway.

10 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I don't know her music at all, but what else could the interview possibly be for... next song is a collab, I bet. It's kind of meh from the aspect that they're doing a collab with someone who's currently super popular, because it seems desperate for attention, but I'll try to overcome this bias.

Tour with fob, the tick tok account...BE fits the pattern of this "hi fellow kids" route that they're taking. I don't know, please don't end up as embarrassing ole' guys trying to act like teenagers, that's all I ask for.

I would love a collab with Billie Eilish, but I think that an interview with her can mean many things. Maybe it’s just a talk show interview/sketch where they put them together to create a fun “multi-generations” situation. I actually find this more plausible, and it would definitely be good promotion.  

2 minutes ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

I would love a collab with Billie Eilish, but I think that an interview with her can mean many things. Maybe it’s just a talk show interview/sketch where they put them together to create a fun “multi-generations” situation. I actually find this more plausible, and it would definitely be good promotion.  

Yeah that's possible, and maybe makes more sense with the album being not that much poppy, but do you remember that one time when broken guitars "accidentally" tagged her in something? What if it really meant they hinted at it prematurely :ermm: My tinfoil hat is firmly on!

I hope it's not a collab with Billie Eilish. I don't mind her music, but it's very different from Green Day. What would a collab between those two even sound like? I would of course give the song a chance if that was the case, but right now I really can't imagine it coming out good.

7 minutes ago, Denice said:

I hope it's not a collab with Billie Eilish. I don't mind her music, but it's very different from Green Day. What would a collab between those two even sound like? I would of course give the song a chance if that was the case, but right now I really can't imagine it coming out good.

Nightlife but better? :P I know very little about her

Great interview, can’t remember the exact words but relax, Howard asked something like were they working on a project together and Billie said no, but that they did an interview together, could have been a talk show thing with multi guests I suppose.

40 minutes ago, Denice said:

Green Day music is very different from Green Day music nowadays :D Jokes apart, if this ever happen I would expect either a ballad or something very rhythmic, maybe on the lines of Bury a friend. Or maybe just a punk rock song since both Billies love it. 

31 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Nightlife but better? :P I know very little about her

She’s not really a rapper, there’s a lot of rhythmic melodies in her songs but more on the alternative music side of things. 

I love Billie Eilish but their styles are so fundamentally different that I can't even imagine how that could possibly sound like, though knowing what Green Day have put out from this album so far I'm willing to bet that they have once again changed everything about their music that makes it Green Day to harmonize with Eilish's style. Were this to happen in any other era, this could be really really interesting and good but now? Billie Eilish is extremely popular, especially around Gen Z kids so, like the Hella Mega Tour, it would probably be nothing but a marketing tactic to generate more attention. However I'm more excited to hear this than any other thing Green Day will continue to release.

I have questions about this Biliie/Billie interview. Has anyone heard it? Did they happen to be there on the same day or was it planned? Whoever captured the GD interview, can you get that one out too? Thanks, I would just love to hear this. 

I understand why some people don’t get her but I’m a fan. Not of all her music but some of it is great. She is a talented songwriter and actually a gifted singer. For some reason her mainstream music doesn’t generally showcase how great her vocals are. Kind of like Lady Gaga’s first album. More importantly, she’s the anti-Instagram influencer. She’s kind of the opposite of that. And I think a lot of girls see her and say, “Thank God I have someone to represent me that doesn’t look or act like Kylie Jenner”. She has an interesting past as she struggled with Tourette’s Syndrome. She doesn’t hide her imperfections. That’s why she’s so huge right now.

Lol at everyone wondering how a GD /Billie Eilish collab would work because they have very different styles...as if bands and artists with very different sounds havent collabed before. Its actually kinda sad to see how gatekeepy and snobby Green Day fans are towards other music 

1 hour ago, Billie Joe's Eyelids said:

I have questions about this Biliie/Billie interview. Has anyone heard it? Did they happen to be there on the same day or was it planned? Whoever captured the GD interview, can you get that one out too? Thanks, I would just love to hear this. 

I understand why some people don’t get her but I’m a fan. Not of all her music but some of it is great. She is a talented songwriter and actually a gifted singer. For some reason her mainstream music doesn’t generally showcase how great her vocals are. Kind of like Lady Gaga’s first album. More importantly, she’s the anti-Instagram influencer. She’s kind of the opposite of that. And I think a lot of girls see her and say, “Thank God I have someone to represent me that doesn’t look or act like Kylie Jenner”. She has an interesting past as she struggled with Tourette’s Syndrome. She doesn’t hide her imperfections. That’s why she’s so huge right now.

I like her stuff. And ya she is a breathe of fresh air compared to other artists in regards to how she presents herself to the masses. Basically a fuck you to how most artists are packaged these days 

I remember he was pretty rude about them when the iheart 2012 thing was all over the media but don't know otherwise.  He does need to change his patter, each interview he goes on about their hair/his hair and how he wants to be in a band.

8 minutes ago, cav9mm said:

It seems like Howard really genuinely likes the guys ? Or is he like that with all musical guests ?

He’s been a fan of theirs since the beginning and they’ve been on the show many times over 20+ years. 

36 minutes ago, EmmaCharlatan&Saints said:

Lol at everyone wondering how a GD /Billie Eilish collab would work because they have very different styles...as if bands and artists with very different sounds havent collabed before. Its actually kinda sad to see how gatekeepy and snobby Green Day fans are towards other music 

I like her stuff. And ya she is a breathe of fresh air compared to other artists in regards to how she presents herself to the masses. Basically a fuck you to how most artists are packaged these days. 

I completely agree, IMHO her songs are closer to a contemporary incarnation of 90’s alternative rock than to what is mainstream pop today. They could easily have her singing in a (weird but not necessarily bad) new Green Day song. I don’t think this will happen in this record tho.

Maybe they did an interview together because the interviewer thought it'd be funny to have two Billies together. And they both admire each other, so...

I have no problem with Eilish. I don't know much of her songs and only know the lyrics to "Bad Guy" because The Interrupters did an amazing version of this song. I'm not a fan of this lyrics and overall theme of this particular song but it is catchy as hell so I sing along. I have no idea about the lyrics of other songs though. Yesterday I saw her performance on Howard Stern and she sings incredibly well! I wouldn't have a problem if Green Day collaborates with her.

5 minutes ago, jengd said:

I remember he was pretty rude about them when the iheart 2012 thing was all over the media but don't know otherwise.  He does need to change his patter, each interview he goes on about their hair/his hair and how he wants to be in a band.

Yeah I noticed he repeated himself a lot, making the same comments and asking the same questions as 2016. But at least Billie gave some different answers 😂 One interesting difference was Howard asked him in 2016 if he had any memories of his father and he said he had some and they were mostly around playing music together. Now he was asked that again and he said he doesn’t really remember him which is sad if true. I liked the comment he made about how when something like that happens your life starts over again at year zero. That seemed to me to be a new perspective and interesting. 

5 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I liked the comment he made about how when something like that happens your life starts over again at year zero. That seemed to me to be a new perspective and interesting. 

I feel he's said something like that before, it may have been in that podcast he did with the girl about a year ago now, I think she was Bay area and they had quite a good long talk about stuff and about him being out of his comfort zone at times, likening it to be in deep water, I'm sure some of you will remember it.

Not gonna lie, WMUWSE made me tear up a little and it's not even one of my favourite songs. Billie does sound GREAT right now.

Just now, jengd said:

I feel he's said something like that before, it may have been in that podcast he did with the girl about a year ago now, I think she was Bay area and they had quite a good long talk about stuff and about him being out of his comfort zone at times, likening it to be in deep water, I'm sure some of you will remember it.

That was the Beyond and Back podcast but I don’t remember him specifically saying that there, just that they talked about how an experience like that means you’re always waiting for the other shoe to drop all the time and for disaster to strike. 

1 minute ago, Thatsername said:

Not gonna lie, WMUWSE made me tear up a little and it's not even one of my favourite songs. Billie does sound GREAT right now.

And it’s so great to hear them doing the full band version again I really want them to bring it back to the setlist now. 

Can’t wait to listen to the whole GD interview, haven’t had a chance. And I know I’m repeating but is there access to the 2 Billies interview? Did it actually happen?

3 minutes ago, Billie Joe's Eyelids said:

Can’t wait to listen to the whole GD interview, haven’t had a chance. And I know I’m repeating but is there access to the 2 Billies interview? Did it actually happen?

He said it happened but not who it was for or when it will be out. I’m sure it hasn’t come out yet or someone would have found it. 

Archived