Green Day Nominated for Best Rock Artist - MTV EMA Nominees

Rumpelstiltskin2000

The mix in the MTV video is very good, as I was expecting it to be (God I've been waiting for another MTV world stage for soooo damn long and THIS is exactly why). However, I really hope that the audio quality will be better in the final broadcast, because here it somehow seems awfully compressed for an HD video tbh. I hope this has something to do with the encoding, which they can rectify in the final broadcast. I'd be truly truly desolated if such a good mix is wasted on poor encoding / audio format :cry:

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I officially regret choosing to wait for the broadcast to see Green Day play. The host is annoying as fuck.. :thumbsdown:

Wow the MTV broadcast just started here, but I see videos already up, so guess I don't have to sit through this! 

Also, Billie can say "gracias" to me any time. :eyebrows:

Man, that video from MTV is fantastic. Incredible visuals and audio. Plus, the boys look like they’re having the time of their lives; their smiles are infectious.

It truly is, but am I the only one thinking the audio could be better? I don't know it just somehow sounds like the drums in particular are very compressed (in terms of audio quality)? Not referring to the mix/master (which, to my taste at least is absolutely perfect), just to the audio quality. Maybe I'm hallucinating.

Awesome to see that they won especially over Imagine Dragons, 1975, PATD and Liam Gallagher. GD actually looked surprised it's funny to see that VS 21cb or AI when they were confident knowing it was in their back pocket. 

I'm not a fan of Liam so I was glad to see that especially. The other bands are midgets in terms of rock. They're just there cause people think they're relevant or something. The best band won tonight and that performance that aired prior to the award showcased exactly why that's the case. 

PS: Did anyone see Tre's fall? 

Oh my good, that video makes me want to go and buy tickets to all Green Day shows that are still on sale immediately :wub: 

And it's nice to see them win, definitely unexpected.

Looks like the k-pop stans are pissed at Billie's interview on the red carpet lol 

I can't find the "best cock award - still mine" meme so I'm just going to say I'm happy it's relevant again :happy:

1 minute ago, Uh Uh Count Your Money said:

Looks like the k-pop stans are pissed at Billie's interview on the red carpet lol 

What did he say? 

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

I can't find the "best cock award - still mine" meme so I'm just going to say I'm happy it's relevant again :happy:

What did he say? 

Billie called Green Day 'OG-kpop" ... jokingly of course and the kpop stans see it as an attack on them or something I dunno 

3 minutes ago, Uh Uh Count Your Money said:

Billie called Green Day 'OG-kpop" ... jokingly of course and the kpop stans see it as an attack on them or something I dunno 

I'm too old to understand this haha

3 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I'm too old to understand this haha

Same ... I'm also seeing them call green day racist for saying that which just blows my mind 🤣

2 minutes ago, Uh Uh Count Your Money said:

Same ... I'm also seeing them call green day racist for saying that which just blows my mind 🤣

I googled og-kpop to see if there's more to it than just old-school kpop and found nothing. It's seriously beyond me how a dad joke managed to rile anyone up. :P

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

I googled og-kpop to see if there's more to it than just old-school kpop and found nothing. It's seriously beyond me how a dad joke managed to rile anyone up. :P

It's easy to offended people these days lol myself included 😀

36 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

It’s on Twitter if you look up Billie Joe or Green Day mentions. I’m telling you, this K-pop thing is like a cancer taking over the world. And they are constantly attacking people who they determine are somehow insulting to their perfect industry-produced stars. Fortunately I don’t think anyone takes them seriously outside of their bubble.

45 minutes ago, Billie Joe's Eyelids said:

It’s on Twitter if you look up Billie Joe or Green Day mentions. I’m telling you, this K-pop thing is like a cancer taking over the world. And they are constantly attacking people who they determine are somehow insulting to their perfect industry-produced stars. Fortunately I don’t think anyone takes them seriously outside of their bubble.

Yes, it seems to be just fandom drama. I wonder if this tendency to get easily offended has something to do with k-pop stars not being allowed to do anything even slightly controversial. I guess being deeply involved in a culture that's very focused on flawlessness/correctness would move the bar of what one sees problematic down.

11 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

I’ve decided to take them head-on. :P

227a62ff0a297611c6f1de3172194b7f.jpg

Are you sure you want get into k-pop fandom discourse? You're either being very brave or making a mistake :P

Archived