• Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

4 days

Yours is one of those jobs that will soon be killed by robots 39.gif 

9 minutes ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

Yours is one of those jobs that will soon be killed by robots 39.gif 

They can take my job but they'll never take my enthusiasm 

Isn't "Fire, ready, aim" the meaning of trying to take a piss in the toilet, while being drunk and missing the order of procedure?

Just now, Bakabanas said:

Isn't "Fire, ready, aim" the meaning of trying to take a piss in the toilet, while being drunk and missing the order of procedure?

That actually sounds very... on-brand for Billie, so I believe it 😆

17 minutes ago, ANTI said:

That actually sounds very... on-brand for Billie, so I believe it 😆

It would be if he actually used a toilet, rather than a wall, a bucket, a closet, a barbeque... ;)

26 minutes ago, Montclare said:

It would be if he actually used a toilet, rather than a wall, a bucket, a closet, a barbeque... ;)

... a suitcase 😄

My brother was at the Columbus Blue Jackets game last night and sent me a video of FOAMF being used during some in-arena highlights. Their music works so well for hockey, IMO.

6 hours ago, Bakabanas said:

Best post of the year.

7 hours ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

My brother was at the Columbus Blue Jackets game last night and sent me a video of FOAMF being used during some in-arena highlights. Their music works so well for hockey, IMO.

I agree and can't see how it won't be used during the playoffs 

47 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Green Day - that band that we heard at the Hockey Game!   

YAY! 

This is like next level legendary stuff. Like, the Rolling Stones. Like, next level. Real rock star legendary earning their rock-n-roll-hall-of-fame-ness continuously. Not sitting around being lazy, boring, predicable and giving up. Evolving and unbelievably amazing and surprising and GREAT too. So proud of them.

THIS NEXT TOUR SHOULD BE EXCITING! I wonder if it’ll be the best one yet.

Rev Rad was a disappointing tour. The Longshot tour was a million times more exciting than Rev Rad. Hoping for the best with this new record and new tour.

The past is in the past... Can’t wait for the new song and the new tour and the new record!

12 minutes ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

This is like next level legendary stuff. Like, the Rolling Stones. Like, next level. Real rock star legendary earning their rock-n-roll-hall-of-fame-ness continuously. Not sitting around being lazy, boring, predicable and giving up. Evolving and unbelievably amazing and surprising and GREAT too. So proud of them.

THIS NEXT TOUR SHOULD BE EXCITING! I wonder if it’ll be the best one yet.

Rev Rad was a disappointing tour. The Longshot tour was a million times more exciting than Rev Rad. Hoping for the best with this new record and new tour.

The past is in the past... Can’t wait for the new song and the new tour and the new record!

Completely disagree about the Revrad tour. They were on their game after a generally called subpar era. 

8 minutes ago, Jon Benjamin said:

Completely disagree about the Revrad tour. They were on their game after a generally called subpar era. 

Agree entirely.  The band looked happier during RevRad than any other era.  I've seen people complain about the setlists being stagnant, but not the overall show atmosphere/experience.

Yeah the rev rad tour in Australia was really good. The Trilogy Tour just before (soundwave),was decent but you could tell Billie wasn’t really feeling it. 

11 minutes ago, Josh100_3 said:

Yeah the rev rad tour in Australia was really good. The Trilogy Tour just before (soundwave),was decent but you could tell Billie wasn’t really feeling it. 

They were just going through the motions at soundwave but BJ was on fire both nights Melbourne Revrad tour.

7 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Can this song just leak already

Thought this would definitely leak having been shared with networks etc - its not as if ice hockey means much to a lot of us🙄

I liked FOAM and the teaser of this was okay, but I'm not really feeling the excitement, so I'm considering waiting for the album. I'll most probably cave in though haha

On 9/30/2019 at 5:07 PM, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

This sounds so much like 

The teaser video seems to have been deleted but this...has me feeling hopeful. 😁

On 9/30/2019 at 6:31 PM, Montclare said:

*Whispers* I think it sounds like Fall Out Boy.

Aaand concern has set in again.

On 9/30/2019 at 11:35 PM, Flashing in the dark said:

Faith restored. Thank you.

On 10/1/2019 at 8:46 AM, Green Day In Seattle said:

I don't know how I feel about t two year partnership between Green Day and the NHL. As a person who has no interest in sports whatsoever, this seems a bit much. A few months to a year maybe, but why two years?

Because hella promotion.

On 10/1/2019 at 12:04 PM, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

I think there would be some competitors in that contest. Someone said @Nightlife

The one in which Billie, a forty-something year-old man, is singing about spin the bottle.

On 10/1/2019 at 7:27 PM, dudley dawson said:

Sweet 16 and 8th Ave Serenade are top 5 trilogy songs lol

I'm not saying 8th Ave. is top-tier but it's one of the few songs i return to Tré! for. A very sweet, almost nostalgic song, and interesting in that it seemed a bit different than most things they had done before. It still makes me swoon a little. 😀

2 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

I liked FOAM and the teaser of this was okay, but I'm not really feeling the excitement, so I'm considering waiting for the album. I'll most probably cave in though haha

Yeah, the ice hockey thing is a big turn-off for me too, my excitement level feels so low it’s hitting the surface of the Dead Sea right now, but oh well, I think I’ll still listen to it and hope they’ll surprise me. 

33 minutes ago, Thatsername said:

Yeah, the ice hockey thing is a big turn-off for me too, my excitement level feels so low it’s hitting the surface of the Dead Sea right now, but oh well, I think I’ll still listen to it and hope they’ll surprise me. 

The song wasn't specifically written for the hockey jingle so it's probably just a mental barrier, but yeah, despite knowing it's a normal song, I don't feel excited for it. I liked the teaser and I'll listen and I actually expect it to be good, but I'm not actively anticipating it or anything. Nice jingle, but I can't relate to actively looking forward to it. But at least I remember the title now :P

And I agree hockey is a major turnoff. In fact the first NHL game was televised in prime time here. So I guess I had a chance to see the opening credits song preview on tv, but didn't bother. That's something, considering I was willing to watch a part of This Is 40 to see Billie :lol:

Hockey Puck

Damaged face

Hockey puck 

Ready / aim

(Fire) blast

Hockey puck / hockey puck 

Hockey puck / good luck

Hockey puck

Hockey puck

Goaly! Goaly!

Horrah!

Fire Ready Aim

With Hockey pucks

Lyrics.

As a hockey fan I can't describe how much I'm happy to know that during the next two years my favorite sport will be merged with my favorite band.

Archived