New Single "Fire, Ready, Aim" Will Debut October 9th

Todd

You know what, pairing Green Day and hockey makes perfect sense because they're two most homoerotic things our culture ever produced

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still find it weird that the boys have yet to play FRA live. There was the NHL promo and that's it. Kind of sucks because I really wanted to hear what they do with it live since FOA sounds so much better on stage.

On 11/2/2019 at 1:32 PM, Beerjeezus said:

You know what, pairing Green Day and hockey makes perfect sense because they're two most homoerotic things our culture ever produced

someones been going to soccer games blindfolded 😂

9 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

I still find it weird that the boys have yet to play FRA live. There was the NHL promo and that's it. Kind of sucks because I really wanted to hear what they do with it live since FOA sounds so much better on stage.

Yeah I wanted to hear it live too. It's quick and packed with energy. It's also built for fan interaction. Lots of call and response potential there. 

57 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

someones been going to soccer games blindfolded 😂

Haha true soccer is a strong contender :lol:

Just now, Beerjeezus said:

Haha true soccer is a strong contender :lol:

Hockey is a sport created and mastered by great Canadian barbarians. These guys are fighters, warriors and possess the spirit of Bane. 

Soccer players wax their legs. Only a small handful of soccer players are true fighters and possess the spirit of Bane. Andrea Pirlo was Bane. Pirlo was in charge. 

33 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

Hockey is a sport created and mastered by great Canadian barbarians. These guys are fighters, warriors and possess the spirit of Bane. 

Soccer players wax their legs. Only a small handful of soccer players are true fighters and possess the spirit of Bane. Andrea Pirlo was Bane. Pirlo was in charge. 

Steve G, frank lampard, ronaldinho, John terry say them that footbalists are not warriors

Fire, Ready, Aim won't be played live and I will be really surprised if it gets played. It's full commercial song that is catchy and fun and doesn't sound like live song at all. This is the kind of music you hear everywhere as official theme and shit like that.

14 minutes ago, Miko said:

Fire, Ready, Aim won't be played live and I will be really surprised if it gets played. It's full commercial song that is catchy and fun and doesn't sound like live song at all. This is the kind of music you hear everywhere as official theme and shit like that.

You just described Know Your Ememy, which they play live way more than they should. So I don't really see where your logic comes from. 

18 minutes ago, Jorgemas said:

Steve G, frank lampard, ronaldinho, John terry say them that footbalists are not warriors

Gerrard and Lampard had good careers but also surrounded by giants. I think Ronaldinho was a little overhyped but he was good too. 

Pirlo literally took subpar club teams and national teams on his back. Even being on a world cup winning team, that 2006 team had nothing on Italy's teams of the 90's. Anyone who has a long enough history watching the sport will know exactly what I am talking about. I see a lot of the same leadership skills in Modric as well. 

Rather than Ronaldinho I'd rather speak about Cafu. A great Brazilian defender who is often overlooked in the modern era. Another great leader in the sport. 

4 minutes ago, Ryan said:

You just described Know Your Ememy, which they play live way more than they should. So I don't really see where your logic comes from. 

Different era, different sound, different things. Know Your Enemy wasn't some commercial song (even though it was a WWE theme for 2 years), it was a main single from album that had to follow American Idiot. Fire, Ready, Aim wasn't lead single nor it was played live on any of these shows (but can be mostly because of Dookie 25 and promotional perfomances, sure) and is one minute shorter than Know Your Enemy was.

The Hella Mega tour hasn't even happened yet, so there's a chance they might play it there. It's catchy, short, and pretty fun so seems like it would be good live. 

24 minutes ago, Miko said:

Different era, different sound, different things. Know Your Enemy wasn't some commercial song (even though it was a WWE theme for 2 years), it was a main single from album that had to follow American Idiot. Fire, Ready, Aim wasn't lead single nor it was played live on any of these shows (but can be mostly because of Dookie 25 and promotional perfomances, sure) and is one minute shorter than Know Your Enemy was.

I could see your argument if we knew it was written specifically for the NHL and was not on the forthcoming album, but that’s not the case. The NHL deal will be promoting every single from the album and this is one of them, it just happens to be the opening theme.  They could easily play it on the HM tour. We haven’t seen a proper full set yet.

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

I could see your argument if we knew it was written specifically for the NHL and was not on the forthcoming album, but that’s not the case. The NHL deal will be promoting every single from the album and this is one of them, it just happens to be the opening theme.  They could easily play it on the HM tour. We haven’t seen a proper full set yet.

True, as I said ''but can be mostly because of Dookie 25 and promotional perfomances'' it can happen but I just don't believe we will see it live. If we do, fucking great. If we don't, not a huge surprise.

I wanna hear FRA on tour. Its short and sweet and would get the crowd going. Switch it out for Know Your enemy...though judging by what they played at the world stage Im wondering if it will fall closer to that set list

3 hours ago, Sheenius said:

Just as a matter of interest , how many soccer players do you actually know the name of ?

10 minutes ago, cav9mm said:

Just as a matter of interest , how many soccer players do you actually know the name of ?

I hold Italian citizenship and it's Italy's national sport. Come on...

@cav9mm can you even name a hockey player? That's a more important question. 

FRA isn't an official single, KYE was a lead single. That's the difference. FRA isn't gonna be played in an event where GD are limited to 1-2 songs. We'll probably hear it on the main tour setlist

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

FRA isn't an official single, KYE was a lead single. That's the difference. FRA isn't gonna be played in an event where GD are limited to 1-2 songs. We'll probably hear it on the main tour setlist

or it could be that there's other new songs that will be part of the setlist instead but aren't ready to play them yet 

7 hours ago, Sheenius said:

Gerrard and Lampard had good careers but also surrounded by giants. I think Ronaldinho was a little overhyped but he was good too. 

Pirlo literally took subpar club teams and national teams on his back. Even being on a world cup winning team, that 2006 team had nothing on Italy's teams of the 90's. Anyone who has a long enough history watching the sport will know exactly what I am talking about. I see a lot of the same leadership skills in Modric as well. 

Rather than Ronaldinho I'd rather speak about Cafu. A great Brazilian defender who is often overlooked in the modern era. Another great leader in the sport. 

Gerard never was surrounded by giants. He carried the team alone

3 minutes ago, Jorgemas said:

Gerard never was surrounded by giants. He carried the team alone

Are you talking late 2000's cause that's a joke. They weren't the most stacked in the EPL maybe but still had good players on the team. 

You're acting like he was the only star on the team. He wasn't even the highest goal scorer on the team in 07-08. 

9 hours ago, Sheenius said:

I hold Italian citizenship and it's Italy's national sport. Come on...

@cav9mm can you even name a hockey player? That's a more important question. 

Franco Baresi ?

Paulo Maldini ?

Gattuso ?

4 hours ago, Sheenius said:

Are you talking late 2000's cause that's a joke. They weren't the most stacked in the EPL maybe but still had good players on the team. 

You're acting like he was the only star on the team. He wasn't even the highest goal scorer on the team in 07-08. 

Do you actually follow soccer ?

it doesn’t seem like it to be honest .

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2930398f87b851e5235b

Why have I been teleported in a fucking football forum? 😶

Maybe because he is a center midfielder? He saved Milan game, west ham game final, saved England did double goal.

3 hours ago, cav9mm said:

Franco Baresi ?

Paulo Maldini ?

Gattuso ?

Do you actually follow soccer ?

it doesn’t seem like it to be honest .

I don’t think he knows that much. Gattuso was small hulk, maldini was the best defender with terry with wonderful blue/grey eyes. I miss old football

The only star players he had was Torres and suarez

I hope they use this as the final closer just to make people mad.   Haha

Billie starts playing "Good Riddance", messes up.   Starts again, cusses and then "FIRE READY AIM" and the concert is over.   

Archived