Green Day Partners with NHL for Wednesday Night Hockey

Squashie

• 2 weeks later...

Just tuned in to the hockey game to see the intro (and watch the Penguins) and they aired an extra bit I hadn’t seen. There’s the regular intro video for FRA from the ice but there also was a new clip for FOAMF showing highlights before the commercial. It was from the same shoot as for FRA with GD on the ice, but they were doing FOAMF and it was some different shots. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Just tuned in to the hockey game to see the intro (and watch the Penguins) and they aired an extra bit I hadn’t seen. There’s the regular intro video for FRA from the ice but there also was a new clip for FOAMF showing highlights before the commercial. It was from the same shoot as for FRA with GD on the ice, but they were doing FOAMF and it was some different shots. 

I made hubby watch this with me too.  Was so surprised that he actually recognized FOAMF before the video started.

It was fun to see it before an actual game!

• Like 1

You guys are so lucky to have this channel ! NBCSN is unavailable in my city. At least I can hear some GD during the Saturday Night Hockey on CBC. 

• 2 weeks later...

We’ve been trying to catch a few games start to see how the video gets changed. Loving how they add the game teams and not destroy the GD parts. 

• 3 weeks later...

Took a jab at Hockey fans in the comments who are trashing Green Day. :P

I AIN’T AFRAID OF NO HOCKEY SNOB.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

Took a jab at Hockey fans in the comments who are trashing Green Day. :P

I AIN’T AFRAID OF NO HOCKEY SNOB.

Now slow down with that! Hockey fans trashing Green Day are the closest thing to an ally that I have as a Green Day fan that dislikes hockey :P Except their pain is a lot more real because they actually have to deal with the thing they dislike :lol:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I take back what I said about hockey being an intricate ritual 

sometimes it's not so intricate 

Damn.  Who knew I'd ever be interested in hockey?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Montclare said:

Damn.  Who knew I'd ever be interested in hockey?

Hahaha I have a feeling there's somewhere a Jágr/Gretzky enemies to lovers fic based on this moment :P

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

I take back what I said about hockey being an intricate ritual 

tumblr_inline_ppimr6bw4x1r72x04_400.gifv

sometimes it's not so intricate 

Never saw this meme and I'm a big hockey fan. Holy shit that was strange. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't know how much truth there is to this but seen on Facebook that GD will be performing a free outdoor concert on Saturday, 25 January 2020 between 5-7 pm. I can't find anything about it online otherwise. Maybe somebody else knows something?

12 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I don't know how much truth there is to this but seen on Facebook that GD will be performing a free outdoor concert on Saturday, 25 January 2020 between 5-7 pm. I can't find anything about it online otherwise. Maybe somebody else knows something?

I’m having the same problem. I’ve seen screencaps people posted but I can’t find the source pages myself when I search.

I believe it’s correct though, it’s the All Star PreGame show. Details are listed somewhere

• Like 2

Yeah I was ready to start a thread for it but... 

Sure it's true but will wait until I can find the details online

My parents are close to St. Louis. I take the train there to visit them, so this is something I can potentially do. But then the question becomes do I want to get there pretty early and then stand there all day. Not really sure about that part. I want to at least see how many people they think they can accommodate before I make plans.

13 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

My parents are close to St. Louis. I take the train there to visit them, so this is something I can potentially do. But then the question becomes do I want to get there pretty early and then stand there all day. Not really sure about that part. I want to at least see how many people they think they can accommodate before I make plans.

The opening act said it’s at Enterprise center which is 18k cap. 

1 hour ago, Jon Benjamin said:

The opening act said it’s at Enterprise center which is 18k cap. 

It’s outside the arena though so should be pretty large. 

• Like 1

The time has changed to an hour, so I'm trying to figure out if that's worth the travel. Besides I haven't checked train tickets or anything. Everything may be booked already.