Magnum Opus Of The Inglorious Kind - confirmed NOT to be Green Day

ColinOr

Also, consider how silly and half-assed FOAM art is versus the literal masterpiece that MOOTIK is trying to emulate. I have to think this all means something.

Or we’ve all just lost our minds.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Billie won't let that trilogy sound die...I don't mind it but it's funny. Everything he's released since 2012 except for Foreverly has had that moment where you can tell he's back on his bullshit.

Just now, DookieLukie said:

They have a ton of other albums to play at stadiums.

From what it seems like in the interview they're planning on dropping a follow up album after their contract with Warner is done.  I'm interested if they're planning on dropping it really soon after the short album or not.  It would make sense from a hype standpoint to release the new longer record before their tour though. 

I think there is definitely food  for thought . But i can't help thinking this As well - would they risk their reputation by putting out an album they weren't totally committed to? 

Just now, Thelongshot said:

I think there is definitely food  for thought . But i can't help thinking this As well - would they risk their reputation by putting out an album they weren't totally committed to? 

I couldn't tell if they were serious about the title track or not. (In terms of musical integrity.)  Billie said in the interview that he just wanted to try singing like Prince and see what happens.  Seems odd to put out a short album of the band just kind of fucking around musically. 

1 minute ago, Thelongshot said:

Based on their interviews, I do think they’re proud of FOAM and excited for the album. I’m sure the quality will be up to their normal standards. But it’s the minimum album-length requirement and the art is...weird, to say the least. I think it’ll be a good album, but just not their final plan for this era.

2 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Billie won't let that trilogy sound die...I don't mind it but it's funny. Everything he's released since 2012 except for Foreverly has had that moment where you can tell he's back on his bullshit.

The trilogy had a few good songs here and there but I agree that I want them to go back to their more bolder theatrical sounds like AI and 21stCB. For me, they haven't topped those concept albums with any of their new music easily. The only song that reminds me of those albums from RevRad is "Forever Now." 

1 minute ago, Thelongshot said:

I was gonna say "what reputation?" because they're pretty much has-beens at this point and whenever people think of green day, they usually think of their American Idiot times. But you're right, it's stupid to jeopardize their reputation among their fans --- which they already have done. Their fandom is already split into people who say "this is good" and "I absolutely hate this". This theory coming true is the only thing that could save them.

4 minutes ago, Pansyhunter said:

From what it seems like in the interview they're planning on dropping a follow up album after their contract with Warner is done.  I'm interested if they're planning on dropping it really soon after the short album or not.  It would make sense from a hype standpoint to release the new longer record before their tour though. 

The tour begins in June, so it would be at most 4 months after FOAM

Just now, throwaway9802 said:

The tour begins in June, so it would be at most 4 months after FOAM

Right, but the album itself drops in early Feb, so that gives them a span of a few months to release something more substantial.  I don't speak for everyone, but I've been waiting 3 years for a new GD album and 26 mins just aint gonna cut it, chief. 

12 minutes ago, AngelBlue_ said:

I find also strange that the name of this tour has nothing to do with the album....I mean, we had the 99revolutions tour, the revrad tour, but now it's the hella mega tour, it seems like it's a tour that's not promoting  the album

1 minute ago, Pansyhunter said:

Right, but the album itself drops in early Feb, so that gives them a span of a few months to release something more substantial.  I don't speak for everyone, but I've been waiting 3 years for a new GD album and 26 mins just aint gonna cut it, chief. 

Shit, misread what you wrote. Realize you basically paraphrased what I just did. Ignore me lmao. 

Just now, Pansyhunter said:

Exactly

Like I said before, there's a chance that the albums are linked, kinda like the Trilogy

Another possibility is that the albums will be released as a pair (think the Trilogy), with FOAM representing the garage-rocky side of the group (think the first 4 albums, Dos, Longshot, and FBHT) and Magnum Opus represents the rock opera and experimental side (Warning, AI, 21CB, the stadium-ish stuff on Tre)

Especially considering that one post earlier in this thread (too lazy to find it) that pointed out that the two album names are basically synonyms

1 minute ago, AngelBlue_ said:

I find also strange that the name of this tour has nothing to do with the album....I mean, we had the 99revolutions tour, the revrad tour, but now it's the hella mega tour, it's seems like it's a tour that's not promoting  the album

I think "Hell Mega Tour" is a corporation based title rather than something any band specifically chose. 

21 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

The message from Billie sounds a lot like Reverend Strychnine Twitch's MySpace posts.

I thought the same thing as I was reading it.

3 minutes ago, AngelBlue_ said:

I find also strange that the name of this tour has nothing to do with the album....I mean, we had the 99revolutions tour, the revrad tour, but now it's the hella mega tour, it's seems like it's a tour that's not promoting  the album

Would be weird to call it an album named after a GD album if it's not specifically a GD tour

9 minutes ago, Pansyhunter said:

I think "Hell Mega Tour" is a corporation based title rather than something any band specifically chose. 

it 100% sounds like something Billie came up with himself

Just now, Bully Hoe said:

it 100% sounds like something Billie came up with

also it's "Hella", not "Hell"

It could be! To me, it just kind of sounds like what a teenage stoner would call something but...that would also fit Billie's MO.  And thanks for the correction, btw. 

If you think about it, FOAMF was released just because gd had one more album w them on their contract. Green Day is forsure announcing Magnum in the next few days. That album art was real, and  they might announce their next single Thursday 

Just now, 86'd said:

If you think about it, FOAMF was released just because gd had one more album w them on their contract. Green Day is forsure announcing Magnum in the next few days. That album art was real, and I'm they might announce their next single Thursday 

That's my hope.  To me with the short album and how they seemed glad to be done with their contract soon, I could see the last warner bros album being a fuck you type thing to corporations or companies.  Although I thought they had a good partnership? 

1 minute ago, 86'd said:

If you think about it, FOAMF was released just because gd had one more album w them on their contract. Green Day is forsure announcing Magnum in the next few days. That album art was real, and  they might announce their next single Thursday 

I doubt it's that soon, probably a few months down the line (although they might update the leak Instagram)

2 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

In the interview they seem quite serious about the song

billie is an excellent actor... lmao

Just now, Beerjeezus said:

In the interview they seem quite serious about the song

Yeah, it's a good song forsure too. and I like how they tried something new

Now that I'm looking over everything, I'm completely split on this theory

Everything here is a valid point, but look at this:

https://zz.reddit.com/r/greenday/comments/d0ha1m/theres_strong_evidence_that_the_recent_video/

The audio clips are exactly the same from the Longshot video, it's impossible to deny

However, I also have such a hard time believing that FOAM is a 100% sincere effort

• Hermione changed the title to Magnum Opus Of The Inglorious Kind - confirmed NOT to be Green Day
  • Hermione locked this topic

Archived