Magnum Opus Of The Inglorious Kind - confirmed NOT to be Green Day

ColinOr

2 minutes ago, Brutalitops said:

I know y'all are thirsty but this obvious fake getting this many pages is next level.

The Green Day logo on the (extremely poorly edited) leaked cover is the same logo from God's Favorite Band. The current GD logo at the time it was faked. Why would GD make a new logo for one album then revert to one identical to a greatest hits release.

And before someone mentions the trilogy logo looking like AI, in terms of typeface, stylisation and colouring, it's completely different. The leaked cover was straight up an old logo reused

I think if the leaked cover was real then it was possibly a early version of GFB 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Brutalitops said:

I know y'all are thirsty but this obvious fake getting this many pages is next level.

The Green Day logo on the (extremely poorly edited) leaked cover is the same logo from God's Favorite Band. The current GD logo at the time it was faked. Why would GD make a new logo for one album then revert to one identical to a greatest hits release.

And before someone mentions the trilogy logo looking like AI, in terms of typeface, stylisation and colouring, it's completely different. The leaked cover was straight up an old logo reused

if green day can take their most iconic album cover and reuse it for FOAM is it really unreasonable to use a font from a greatest hits album again

7 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

I think if the leaked cover was real then it was possibly a early version of GFB 

Which goes along with the report someone on here got that it WAS an early artwork for GFB. 

Still, how did whoever posted the "leaks" get said cover?

31 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Which goes along with the report someone on here got that it WAS an early artwork for GFB. 

Still, how did whoever posted the "leaks" get said cover?

Could be anyone from the band or associates of the band or from the graphic designer or label etc 

1 hour ago, Brutalitops said:

It could be that the leaked cover is just a prototype and the GFB typeface logo was just a placeholder

There are a lot of questions- not just how someone got their hands on it, but why they would be using it in this fashion. If it's just to trick people, why hasn't it been shut down? And if it's not GD in those clips, then whose music sounds so remarkably similar? Not buying that it's a prank pulled on the fans by some Canadian pop band.

I know some of you believe this whole thing is bullshit. And you might be right. But if it is, then the doback account should have disappeared weeks ago.

3 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

There are a lot of questions- not just how someone got their hands on it, but why they would be using it in this fashion? If it's just to trick people, why hasn't it been shut down? And if it's not GD in those clips, then whose music sounds so remarkably similar? Not buying that it's a prank pulled on the fans by some Canadian pop band.

I know some of you believe this whole thing is bullshit. And you might be right. But if it is, then the doback account should have disappeared weeks ago.

I swear the doback clips are eerily similar to this!

2 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

In this it's Billie and Rob beyond all reasonable doubt while in doback clips all there is is a hooded guy who could be anyone and faked audio.

10 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

That's a lot different though. Like @Beerjeezus said, you can clearly see who is in the video because you were meant to. I guess I would concede that it really was panicland if their music has gone in a different direction from what we know of it. Seems far-fetched though, and still wouldn't explain how they came to be in possession of the artwork.

don't know if someone already pointed this out but both FOAMF and MOOTIK have American Idiot references in their covers. Funny, right? 🦄

3 minutes ago, Jhonib said:

don't know if someone already pointed this out but both FOAMF and MOOTIK have American Idiot references in their covers. Funny, right? 🦄

I still have a feeling MOOTIK is real and may be out in August/September 2020, about 6 months after FOAMF and post-Hella Mega Tour. FOAMF is likely the contract fulfillment album, MOOTIK will be the next long album, despite the whole "I hate long songs" thing. I reckon Billie's saying he hates longs songs purely to sell FOAMF's daft duration.

6 minutes ago, arthurhuan said:

lol fake as fudge 🤣

What if this video is fake, we are getting possible fakes based on another possible fake 🤯

8 minutes ago, Jhonib said:

What if this video is fake, we are getting possible fakes based on another possible fake 🤯

we are on the matrix inside of the matrix :lol:

Description says October 2019. So maybe we will get this song in a few weeks - even if its no Green Day Song.

On another note, Panicland is back from their Instagram hiatus, they posted this morning, so they must've read all the angry messages from Green Day fans by now😂. I'm curious if they will say something one day.

Ok so that‘s the official end of MOOTIK. I would love to buy these upcoming songs by Panicland but I‘m so angry at them that I won‘t.

• Hermione changed the title to Magnum Opus Of The Inglorious Kind - confirmed NOT to be Green Day
  • Hermione locked this topic

Archived