Magnum Opus Of The Inglorious Kind - confirmed NOT to be Green Day

ColinOr

3 hours ago, DadBod said:

It's not plausible. It's pure speculation because some people don't like what the band LITERALLY just released. I don't care what the post count on the PRIVATE instagram is. We don't know what's on that account and it may never become public, which they have every right to choose to keep to themselves. It's relevant at this point to me. This is the album they are putting out right now. You people are grasping at flies...

Billie said they had 17 songs and cut it to 10 - I believe that. 

Wrong, I love FOAM and still believe the theory can be true.

Also why cutting 7/17 songs off the album if the result was going to be 26 minutes.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

greendaypictures

But the question still remains... who is dr.robertdoback?

2dReply

duganchris

@greendaypictures domo arigato mr roboto

1dReply

Hide replies

So seeing Chris’ joke here and the fact that Bill knows about this thread and conspiracy theory, you can bet Billie does too. Anyone think he used the word “glorious” in quotes just to fuck with people? 

And okay, who the fuck is responsible for this?!

prettygood.jpg

Wow... Billie Joe Armstrong vibez

13w1 likeReply

panicland

@prettygood.jpg 😃🧨🖤

13w2 likesReply

Hide replies

happeelogee

Sound like @billiejoearmstrong

13w2 likesReply

panicland

@happeelogee 😁🧨

13wReply

Hide replies

happeelogee

Where can I get this?

13w1 likeReply

panicland

@happeelogee it should be out relatively soon!

13w1 likeReply

Hide replies

4 minutes ago, vaucum said:

prettygood.jpg

Wow... Billie Joe Armstrong vibez

13w1 likeReply

panicland

@prettygood.jpg 😃🧨🖤

13w2 likesReply

Hide replies

happeelogee

Sound like @billiejoearmstrong

13w2 likesReply

panicland

@happeelogee 😁🧨

13wReply

Hide replies

happeelogee

Where can I get this?

13w1 likeReply

panicland

@happeelogee it should be out relatively soon!

13w1 likeReply

Hide replies

What are you doing

On 9/12/2019 at 3:17 PM, GuitarPunk94 said:

another "fact" that disturbes me is:

we were told that GD did their music in studio (in spring?), but then went back to the studio in may/june ... why?

and why it took them so long to record (etc.) a 26-min. LP? didnt they do dookie in like 3 days?

You have to understand the songwriting process and recording process is different for every album and sometimes even every song. 

For those Dookie songs they had recorded a ton of different demos and were touring and playing some of the songs as far back as '92 and by the time they were recording in 93 they were playing them at shows every night already. 

These are a batch of all new songs and they're trying to fuse different styles and pushing themselves a bit more as musicians. Also with Dookie they headed into the studio knowing exactly what they wanted. They weren't tracking 2-3 different guitar parts trying to decide which one fit better. It seems that they were doing that for this album or at least the lead single

If the audio leaks should be really fake, maybe we can convince Green Day that they record these songs anyway. If Panicland really wants us to believe that it‘s Green Day, the won‘t have a problem with Green Day taking their songs 🤷🏻‍♀️😂

13 hours ago, dannygreen said:

If you are that good sir hats off to you, I work with audio and I wouldn't be able to accomplish such result 

Manipulate is not easy, you can't just cut out words at least you have a capella melody. In the leaks there is a full melody that we never listened before. In addition on the last leak there is also a screamed voice mixed with the clean ones. Try to replicate that ahahahha 

You can completely reshape a melody, trivially, with consumer tools like Melodyne. Stop talking about music production if you have literally zero experience in it, which you clearly do to have such a limited understanding.

11 minutes ago, green day is said:

You can completely reshape a melody, trivially, with consumer tools like Melodyne. Stop talking about music production if you have literally zero experience in it, which you clearly do to have such a limited understanding.

Calm down, as you see, there is so much music in the charts that is produced really bad. Mixing and mastering is something that not everybody can do, it‘s not that easy, and you know that, if you have experience in it ;)

17 minutes ago, green day is said:

What the fuck man? how you dare? I don't know you, you should give some respect. It's my job, I work with melodyne everyday.

Reshaping melody you can do it but it sounds pitched the more you change it, and you can't do everything with melodyne

I am a producer and sound engineer in a studio and in my leisure time I do sound design for advertising

What the fuck really, talking to someone else like that

It seems to me that you have no clue about what melodyne can do or not

22 minutes ago, Flashback said:

Calm down, as you see, there is so much music in the charts that is produced really bad. Mixing and mastering is something that not everybody can do, it‘s not that easy, and you know that, if you have experience in it ;)

Everyone with experience can use Melodyne and similar tools. And while not "easy" in the sense that "a child could do it" it is easy in the sense that these tools have been available to the average consumer for over a decade now and many many thousands of those consumers have taken that time to learn them well.

It's 2019, you can stop talking about studios and "the charts" now in this context. There's no (common) proprietary or prohibitively expensive FX anymore, it's all software that's had a consumer release.

19 minutes ago, dannygreen said:

Reshaping melody you can do it but it sounds pitched the more you change it, and you can't do everything with melodyne

Yet with just a few half-step changes (which don't tend to sound pitched at all, especially with a small fourmant change) you can completely change the character of a melody, especially when listening absent the original reference. Which is also really basic theory stuff you should probably know if you work in a studio. 

Regardless of your experiences you're misunderstanding extremely basic shit. Idk if you haven't updated your ideas about what consumers are capable of for ten years or what, but recutting a small vocal clip is by no means difficult, expensive, or any of the other things you've claimed.

4 minutes ago, green day is said:

Everyone with a small amount of experience can use Melodyne and similar tools. And while not "easy" in the sense that "a child could do it" it is easy in the sense that these tools have been available to the average consumer for over a decade now and many many thousands of those consumers have taken that time to learn them well.

It's 2019, you can stop talking about studios and "the charts" now in this context. There's no (common) proprietary or prohibitively expensive FX anymore, it's all software that's had a consumer release.

Yet with just a few half-step changes (which don't tend to sound pitched at all, especially with a small fourmant change) you can completely change the character of a melody, especially when listening absent the original reference. Which is also really basic theory stuff you should probably know if you work in a studio. 

Regardless of your experiences you're misunderstanding extremely basic shit. Idk if you haven't updated your ideas about what consumers are capable of for ten years or what, but recutting a small vocal clip is by no means difficult, expensive, or any of the other things you've claimed.

So how many million records did you sell so far since it‘s so easy to produce good music?

1 minute ago, Flashback said:

So how many million records did you sell so far since it‘s so easy to produce good music?

that's a mighty fine strawman you got there pardner hahahaha

TIL "a tiny recut vocal clip" = "good music, equivalent to something that's gone platinum"

12 minutes ago, green day is said:

Everyone with a small amount of experience can use Melodyne and similar tools. And while not "easy" in the sense that "a child could do it" it is easy in the sense that these tools have been available to the average consumer for over a decade now and many many thousands of those consumers have taken that time to learn them well.

Here we are not talking about pitching a couple of notes

But create an entire melody with different harmonies

The song with the 1-800 lies had an entire choir of voices

The voice in the audio clips sound natural not destroyed by a process that damages a lot your clips (extrapolate them from the context, change pitch length etc)

I'm 26 btw I don't think I need to be more modern than I already am

You should act less cocky and not talk to people you don't know like this

Because from the way you spoke you don't have a clue about what you're talking about

22 minutes ago, dannygreen said:

The song with the 1-800 lies had an entire choir of voices

The voice in the audio clips sound natural not destroyed by a process that damages a lot your clips (extrapolate them from the context, change pitch length etc)

None of the clips distinctly have several layers of melodically separated Billie voices. There's one where he's like double-tracked (trivial from a single audio source), there's one where a choir that's clearly not even meant to involve Billie is singing, not sure if that's what you mean. Then there's another with high backup vocals that could be anyone.

[Edit:] I found the "1-800 lies" one just now cause I missed it before. That's so, so clearly the recording of gang vocals. I honestly don't know how you can continue to think you know what you're talking about.

8 minutes ago, green day is said:

None of the clips distinctly have several layers of melodically separated Billie voices. There's one where he's like double-tracked (trivial from a single audio source), there's one where a choir that's clearly not even meant to sound like Billie is singing, not sure if that's what you mean. Then there's another with high backup vocals that could be anyone.

[Edit:] I found the "1-800 lies" one just now cause I missed it before. That's so, so clearly the recording of gang vocals. I honestly don't know how you can continue to think you know what you're talking about.

Sir, before we can go on with these talks I suggest you to learn some education. Then I'll be glad to talk to you again

If that's what you believe just go on 

I won't be trying to convince you of the contrary 

You're the smart one and the others are stupid

lmfao green day has their fan base in shambles for the first time since after warning and billie is singing over a pre recorded track. 

2019 sucks

Guys, calm down

This is a THEORY-Thread. Of course we have different expectations and some believe its all real, others its all fake.
No need to start fights. 

5 minutes ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

Guys, calm down

This is a THEORY-Thread. Of course we have different expectations and some believe its all real, others its all fake.
No need to start fights. 

I don't have any impression at all whether it happens to be real or not. The fact is that a statement like "we can say for certain that this tiny vocal clip was not recut from an unknown, separate source" is built on fundamental misunderstandings and deserves to be debunked. We literally can't say whether it's real at this stage, that's the point.

12 minutes ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

Guys, calm down

No need to start fights. 

It's a matter of education, everyone is free to believe

I never said that they are legit or not because I am nobody to say it and I don't even know myself what is true or not

I just think that this thing that melodyne can do wonders and you can do everything you want needed to be debunked as well

What I demand is to be civil cause it's the base of a conversation and I never offended anyone 

2 minutes ago, dannygreen said:

I just think that this thing that melodyne can do wonders and you can do everything you want needed to be debunked as well

There's one of those fundamental misunderstandings now lol. I literally said it could be half-step changes and still sound materially different from it's source. No one ever said it could do anything you want. When you're creating something arbitrary you're free to work just inside the limitations, if you try a big change and it sounds wrong, you can try a smaller change instead and still end up with something completely new because there was no goal in the first place except "create something different from the source".

2 minutes ago, green day is said:

There's one of those fundamental misunderstandings now lol. I literally said it could be half-step changes and still sound materially different from it's source. No one ever said it could do anything you want. When you're creating something arbitrary you're free to work just inside the limitations, if you try a big change and it sounds wrong, you can try a smaller change instead and still end up with something completely new because there was no goal in the first place except "create something different from the source".

If you chimed in like this maybe we could have had a wholesome discussion and maybe met halfway

This will all be majorly irrelevant after the album drops, and the tour ends and we don't get anything else for another two years, you're all clutching at straws. I believe there's more music but to suggest we'll get something 2-4 months after the new one is released is just absurd to me. I honestly think they they just mean a shorter wait for new music as in 1-2 years as opposed to 4-5 years. 

• Hermione changed the title to Magnum Opus Of The Inglorious Kind - confirmed NOT to be Green Day
  • Hermione locked this topic

Archived