Magnum Opus Of The Inglorious Kind - confirmed NOT to be Green Day

ColinOr

6 minutes ago, Karol Oliveira said:

Green Day and Pat parted ways after the release of Revolution Radio, right? Could this be linked to leaving Warner?

(Or did Pat retire? I can't remember exactly)

They parted ways in aug 2017. It was never actually explained why they parted though 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Bully Hoe said:

I'm just gonna say that until I get solid proof that this is not how they intended it and that this theory is false, I'm gonna hold on to it. I'd rather have a shred of hope, because this theory is the only reason I'm still holding it together. 5 stages of grief and all that.

With you 100%. I can't believe FOAMF is something they put their heart and soul into. 

1 hour ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

Its like - I dont even care anymore if this is from green day or not. I just want this song so bad.

The fact that this song isnt released yet, also could mean that its really from Green Day. I mean if for example its really a song from panicland, then they would release it asap because everybody wants to hear that song right now. In a few weeks/months most people will have forgotten about this leaks.

I know right! I just found out about this leak and omg love this so much.

6 hours ago, Black Cat said:

The album cover actually says "Father of all mockers".

So, all of this is just a mockery.

Omg

6 hours ago, legendary said:

This is a fanfic

Even some fanfics get a Netflix adaptation dawg.

35 minutes ago, DadBod said:

They parted ways in aug 2017. It was never actually explained why they parted though 

GD: "Hey Pat, look at our idea for the next album art."

Pat: "I quit."

I'm kinda 50/50 on there being another album so quickly after this one. While I admit everything seems kinda off(?) with this release, I think some people on here are reading too much into Billie's comments.

Of course they'll put out another record again, but I wouldn't expect it to be so soon after FOAMF.

I'm very curious to hear the rest of the album before writing off this theory. I also think the new track is great, so I don't buy the argument that this is a record they didn't put effort into.

In short, we need more interviews and info.

6 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

Billie, from Kerrang! article:

'He continues: “It’s exciting, you know? But I mean I really kind of look forward to maybe actually putting out more music. I think just we finished our record contract… we’re free agents. So we’re just going to end up putting out more stuff. We’ll probably put out more stuff before the tour actually. And then I think not tour as long, but effective touring.”'

Sweet Jesus...

I swear to god, if MOOKIT Theory is real I will get the unicorn tattooed on my right butt cheek.

The fact that he’s talking so much about new-new music the FIRST DAY promoting the single is a biggggg clue to me. Seriously, who does that lol? Why talk excitedly about future work when you’re trying to promote a new single/upcoming album?

In the past, I remember him saying more than once how annoying and stressful it is when journalists ask about future work when they’ve just released something. The fact that he’s off-handedly talking about putting out new music before the tour signals to me that they have something else finished and ready to go.

26 minutes ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

I'm kinda 50/50 on there being another album so quickly after this one.

Billie said "before the tour"so it has to be pretty quick after this one.

Remember this pic Billie posted last week? Since Billie basically said he avoided politics with Foamf, and most likely religion too, how do you explain this sticker on his guitar?

4 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Remember this pic Billie posted last week? Since Billie basically said he avoided politics with Foamf, and most likely religion too, how do you explain this sticker on his guitar?

He's had that sticker for a few years now.

5 hours ago, Karol Oliveira said:

Yeah, I've always thought they had a good relationship with each other. If this is true, what could have happened?

There was a change in the company that occurred in 2011 and possibly could have created some issues for the band

Sorry but I’m not buying into the Magnum Opus conspiracy. We were all trolled. We need to accept it, move on, and hope for the best from FOAMF.

1 hour ago, Stefano Bras said:

Sweet Jesus...

I swear to god, if MOOKIT Theory is real I will get the unicorn tattooed on my right butt cheek.

I will blend two nimrods and drink them

4 minutes ago, Overjoyyed said:

i truly believe this theory. 

Hope so because Australia doesnt have tour dates...

Due to sources of mine in the bay...

This is 100% a bullshit, fuck you album to warmer brothers. They're done with it, they can do what they want.

There is another album and it will be released before the tour. FOAMF will be promoted until it comes out and it will die a slow death.

None of the songs on it sound like the green day we know and love. It's one MASSIVE troll.

This topic is dead on.

You guys sound like Kendrick fans after he put out DAMN. in 2017. They didn't like the mainstream direction he took his sound with it so they convinced themselves that there was a secret second album coming called NATION., and when it didn't happen they were pissed, even though it was completely unfounded

7 minutes ago, Matt. said:

Exactly what I was thinking. @DookieLukie is just out to get me, for whatever reason.

So what did they go back to the studio for if they started with 17 songs and ended up with 10?  Do you think going back had something to do with a dispute with the label?

27 minutes ago, SFGreendayfan said:

Due to sources of mine in the bay...

This is 100% a bullshit, fuck you album to warmer brothers. They're done with it, they can do what they want.

There is another album and it will be released before the tour. FOAMF will be promoted until it comes out and it will die a slow death.

None of the songs on it sound like the green day we know and love. It's one MASSIVE troll.

This topic is dead on.

So... is this it? 

This is officially like a cult thing now?  

Would make sense. I mean, Green Day have seemed very off in the press regarding the album. They dont seem to take it seriously at all, "I thought I'd try sounding like Prince. I mean he's dead so why not me?" lol.

my theory is he said he had 17 songs for THIS record. to be clear that the 26 minutes was deliberated.

also i hear the leaks from drrobertdoback again and again, and the quality and the voice in the music is clear specially in the last video. yeah the voices are from a conversation

but billie singing is there, and the guitars too. 

also in his letter he talk about "glorious" and glorious anarchy" and what that means, opus magnus of the unglorious kind is the oposite

i said alot of things that happened but some people dont believed me, the second record

when i said raise your love and all that. was because that.

that record is finished. and ready to be released-

i dont need to prove anything my sources are vague an at times i get confused, when the single was released it was clear to me. what was happening.

i also mix my speculations with things i said, i heard.

dr.roberdoback and the parody of anchorman they are both related to movies of will ferrell.

• Hermione changed the title to Magnum Opus Of The Inglorious Kind - confirmed NOT to be Green Day
  • Hermione locked this topic

Archived