Father Of All... (Song)

Hermione

7 minutes ago, J a c said:

If I have to pick a single GD wasted in their career, Stay the night is definitely one on top of the list.  

I don't think STN would've been that good of a single

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

It's probably just me but I don't think they put the BEST song of the album as the single.
During the trilogy era they put out Oh Love and after the Uno! release I was like ''Damn it should have been Nuclear Family or Stay The Night as a single''

Definitely not just you, I see that opinion a lot on here and I completely agree. That was actually one of my first thoughts as I listened to FOA for the first time and didn't immediately love it! They almost never choose the right songs to be singles lol. 

I thought the song was just noise. Distorted vocals with very repetitive music, I just hope the album is a bop!

Now that I've listened to the track a few times, I think it most sounds like really early Cage the Elephant as well as the Eagles of Death Metal, which is a party side project of Queens of the Stone Age 

1 minute ago, Taste said:

Now that I've listened to the track a few times, I think it most sounds like really early Cage the Elephant as well as the Eagles of Death Metal, which is a party side project of Queens of the Stone Age 

Good observations. And just a coincidence, but Eden (Mike’s bass tech) is a guitarist in Eagles of Death Metal. I was glad to see he was at the show last night and hopefully staying on for this tour. 

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I think this song should be the new St. Jimmy at the shows. In fact, in honor of Billie Joe’s shortened attention span, he should lose Jesus of Suburbia and every other long song in the set and pack the 90 minutes with three minute or less bangers.

I still want Forever Now in the set. I love that song. It's was so fucking good live, BUT if it meant adding in more songs from Insomniac or Nimrod, I'll be fine with that decision. I just don't want a 25 min rendition of KFAD or Hitchin' while cutting other live-worthy songs.

15 minutes ago, Taste said:

Early Cage the Elephant? I gotta listen to that again because I don't hear that at all. I can definitely hear QOTSA though. 

1 hour ago, kaylubd said:

Early Cage the Elephant? I gotta listen to that again because I don't hear that at all. I can definitely hear QOTSA though. 

I think it's mainly the riff that's similar to their song Free Love

Just now, Taste said:

I think it's mainly the riff that's similar to their song Free Love

Ooooo I'm gonna listen to it again with that in mind because I didn't catch it the first time. I fucking love Cage the Elephant so I'm very intrigued. 

Just now, kaylubd said:

Ooooo I'm gonna listen to it again with that in mind because I didn't catch it the first time. I fucking love Cage the Elephant so I'm very intrigued. 

Yeah or their song James Brown too

2 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I feel like I'm the only one who loved Oh Love on my first listen and still loves it

It's in my top 15 GD songs.  Although I do think STN would have made a better single.

1 hour ago, Taste said:

Oh I love Cage the Elephant, although I haven't noticed any similarity yet. I wish GD would tour with them instead of FOB 😄

17 minutes ago, Thatsername said:

Oh I love Cage the Elephant, although I haven't noticed any similarity yet. I wish GD would tour with them instead of FOB 😄

THIS. 100X THIS. A CTE and GD pairing would kick ass! I don't know how likely it is, but I can dream. 

I think this is the catchiest lead single they've released since possibly American Idiot, and its a debate on wether its even catchier than that

I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far, lots of energy and fun, which are two things not to be underated. Plenty of bands lose their energy at GD's stage of their career. Its amazing how they keep it up to be honest.

4 minutes ago, Ross_19 said:

I think this is the catchiest lead single they've released since possibly American Idiot, and its a debate on wether its even catchier than that

I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far, lots of energy and fun, which are two things not to be underated. Plenty of bands lose their energy at GD's stage of their career. Its amazing how they keep it up to be honest.

It's stuck in my fucking head and I don't care that it is! 

Now that I've gotten over the shock and listened to the song a few times, I guess it's not as terrible.... 

Feel like I’m living in a different universe than all the people who think this is bad.

Song freakin’ rocks. Hard. Sorry not sorry.

1 minute ago, Clockwise said:

Feel like I’m living in a different universe than all the people who think this is bad.

Same. It's like whiplash every other post.

"OMG I LIKE IT"

"GOD! IT SUCKS BALLS"

3 minutes ago, Clockwise said:

I like the song a lot !
But my top 3 songs from yesterday was Weezer, Green Day and then FOB

Just started learning to play this on guitar, takes about 5mins to do. The chorus is so catchy and fun to play.

One great thing about this song (and its production) is that I played it with my home sound system, my proper music headphones, shitty Apple earpods, my phone and computer speakers: it’s always enjoyable, in different ways of course. 

4 minutes ago, J a c said:

One great thing about this song (and its production) is that I played it with my home sound system, my proper music headphones, shitty Apple earpods, my phone and computer speakers: it’s always enjoyable, in different ways of course. 

It came on my playlist yesterday while i was at the gym (on a stair master) and I wish I had be running at the time it came on. Talk about energy boost!! (also sounded great on my crappy apple earpods that I ran through the washer & dryer accidentally)

Feel free to shoot me down here, but I think one of the reasons some people aren't enjoying this tune that much is expectation. Those leaks we had, the title of the song and Matt saying they added more songs to an album all combined to make people's expectations super high for a more complex, deep tune with more of a AI / 21st CB vibe in terms of the BIG sound. 

Of course, the album cover and length of it are impacting on people's opinions of this song too I think. 

Maybe. I can't speak for anyone but myself - my expectations didn't really exist and I'm fine with what we got, it's a fun tune. If I expected 21CB vol 2, boy I'd be disappointed. 

Archived