Father of All Motherfuckers album - News and Media Coverage

Sanity Loan

1 hour ago, petros said:

Wait sorry for bringing this up again but nobody noticed how youngblood's riff is basically this avril song?

Yeah well, stop when the red light flash is the French song by Joann Jett, American Eulogy is run away also from JJ, JoS is a mix of ring of fire and summer of 69, and Warning is picture book by the Kinks :P We could never stop if we start this game, and no record is safe :D 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Beyza said:

Yeah and some songs in Avril's discography have noticeable similarities with GD's sound. I love listening to those ones because of that. 

Which ones would you say have noticble similarities? I’ve always seen Avril more equivalent to blinks overall sound, and no that’s not just because Travis did some drums on the best damn thing lol. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaxGD said:

Which ones would you say have noticble similarities? I’ve always seen Avril more equivalent to blinks overall sound, and no that’s not just because Travis did some drums on the best damn thing lol. 

I mean you can just notice they are influenced by their sound like Blink or other punk bands. TBDT is overall like that but one example, especially the part starting around at 1:53

GDA, we need some polls!

Who is excited about Father of All coming out?

Do you like the new single, Oh Yeah?

The polarization is getting rough. Let's see some percentages!

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, That Dude said:

GDA, we need some polls!

Yes 

and yes 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Beyza said:

I mean you can just notice they are influenced by their sound like Blink or other punk bands. TBDT is overall like that but one example, especially the part starting around at 1:53

Ok thanks! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

GDA, we need some polls!

Yes and yes. 

• Like 3

The trilogy has 10 or 11 great songs, same that others good green day albums, but as it has 37 and not 13 or 14 songs, it also have many poor refill songs

3 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

It's just that you have no taste 

S1eUcvs.gif 

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, PursuitOfEpicness said:

Judging by your recent post the bigger picture being you should seek mental help

The clapping on FRA was the WORST

Settle down Beavis

6 hours ago, jengd said:

A little late but Youngblood was great live.  Billie has often said he writes a lot with live performances in mind and I think it’s clearly one of those songs.

sounds like some of you would benefit from pelvic floor excercises if you need to pee so much 😆

doesn't help for kidney damage, bladder damage and damage to the nerves all along the urinary tract

BRING ON THE PEE SONGS

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

Settle down Beavis

doesn't help for kidney damage, bladder damage and damage to the nerves all along the urinary tract

BRING ON THE PEE SONGS

Yeah, I know, I get that and those are all really nasty and I sympathise, just had to laugh at how many folk were saying they needed a pee during a concert, I must have a bladder like a camel 😂😂

2 hours ago, petros said:

Listening to Oh Yeah again and man I haven't felt connected to new Billie Joe lyrics since 2009. As you may know I have been critical of Billie's efforts on writing songs in the trilogy and revrad and this really feels good. I may seem like a hater to most of you since I've been critical for so long but Billie Joe is one of my favorite songwriters ever and I can't stand cringe shit like "my name is Billie and I'm freaking out" it ruins the whole song for me. I really can't wait to listen to the album now and see what else he wrote for this record.

spot on. My I’ve got complaints because I think Billie is a much more talented lyricist than has been shown in recent years, and it’s a shame 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jengd said:

Yeah, I know, I get that and those are all really nasty and I sympathise, just had to laugh at how many folk were saying they needed a pee during a concert, I must have a bladder like a camel 😂😂

Or you're not drinking as much as the pee break club 🍻 :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Joe. said:

spot on. My I’ve got complaints because I think Billie is a much more talented lyricist than has been shown in recent years, and it’s a shame 

I agree but I wouldn't say FOAM is a big improvement in the lyrics department. All three songs are solid, there are no bmx-cellent tits moments, but maybe with an exception of some lines in OY, they're Billie's standard writing. What's good is that they're all consistent, but I wouldn't say they stand out. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I agree but I wouldn't say FOAM is a big improvement in the lyrics department. All three songs are solid, there are no bmx-cellent tits moments, but maybe with an exception of some lines in OY, they're Billie's standard writing. What's good is that they're all consistent, but I wouldn't say they stand out. 

I like when it feels deeper and more personal like RevRad and also the Trilogy and FBHT and the Longshot. FOAM so far feels like a critique on modern life and media and not too personal. It is not lazy writing. It’s good. But I just like the personal stuff. I like when it’s like a puzzle for us to figure out and when we can relate to the writing on a personal level through shared experiences with the stories and themes of the songs.

FOAM is good and I know it’s a different level of the evolution of Green Day and that’s great. So glad the band isn’t just sitting back and sticking with the formulas they know will work.

But personally I love the super personal writing and I am so glad we got the Longshot to hold over until the next deeper record while we have a lot of fun with the FOAM tour. I’m even ok with them  not playing Trilogy songs live since we’re getting those songs at Longshot shows and more intimate shows. If they did play those at the arena shows that would be mindblowingly cool after all this time and neglect of those songs. Disappointed they weren’t on RevRad lists but super happy they’re being played at the Longshot shows and small bar shows.

• Like 3

• BeachBum changed the title to Father of All Motherfuckers album - News and Media Coverage
  • BeachBum locked and unlocked this topic