Father of All Motherfuckers album - News and Media Coverage

Sanity Loan

15 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

We experienced Sandinista with the trilogy :lol:

Partially with Dos, Uno and Tre were still very much GD comfort zone, I think this era so far is much closer to what Sandinista was for the Clash, except the length of the album of course. Also in terms of backlash from part of the fandom. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, walking_c0ntradicti0n said:

Now that I've heard Billie doesn't wanna constantly strain his vocal chords my faith in the album is a bit restored tbh

Very good point! Hahah

the new songs may sound fresh and they fit in todays general music scene, but sth doesnt feel right with the new songs

if the rest of foam sounds like the 3 songs we got so far, it will probably turn out like this for me:  foam < every other GD main-LP

3 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

the new songs may sound fresh and they fit in todays general music scene, but sth doesnt feel right with the new songs

if the rest of foam sounds like the 3 songs we got so far, it will probably turn out like this for me:  foam < every other GD main-LP

I don't know, something just doesn't vibe 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Oh Jesus...some of you all are really fucking over reacting. Like...wow. 

When you’ve dedicated your entire life to Green Day following them, idolising them, spending thousands of pounds on them, seeing them live it’s a bit of a kick in the teeth to think this is acceptable. I can’t believe people are lapping it up. I’m sorry that some of us hold them to a standard but this is below par. People can laugh but I’m being serious. “Yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah” “bulletproof backpack”. People reading into the lyrics like it’s a sacred text 😂😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, Platypus2000 said:

This fan base is toxic.

You say? 😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, RisingRedWolf said:

Who do you think the Father of all Mother Fuckers is out of curiosity?

I think it's clear Tre is the father of all motherfuckers. 

Tre is the most punk guy of all time. He can irritate anyone with little to no effort at all. 

12 minutes ago, MaxGD said:

I’ve dedicated my entire life to Green Day and respect and even enjoy the new sound. Totally respect people not liking it because it is very different. What I don’t respect is people acting as if they have insider info that the band has given up and are releasing these songs cuz they don’t care. Maybe they do care, and wanted to be creative, and try something new. Honestly do you think anyone expected AI to come after Warning? No. Green Day is constantly changing and evolving. 

I thought Swifties were crazy, but at least they don’t constantly trash an artist they love. 

ohhhh sandinista 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

Every time I hear people on this community say that this album will ruin Green Day, or they aren’t what they used to be, I just want to slam a copy of Warning in their face. People were saying the same shit about it too because the album wasn’t Dookie 3.

I don't think anything could ruin them easily at this point in their career but I think Warning could ruin it since they were thinking break-up before AI and stuff but they got through a lot of things after that and definitely earned a lot of people's respect no matter what. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Platypus2000 said:

Hope GD retire after this tbh. I don’t want them to ruin their legacy even further. I’ve defended these guys so much throughout the Trilogy and RevRad but I can’t defend this in any way. Feels like they’re throwing us the leftovers of their entire career and laughing in our faces. Don’t even know if I’m looking forward to seeing them anymore tbh. 

😮 

25 minutes ago, Eric said:

i dO NoT LiKe 3 sOnGs gReEn dAy hAs mAdE.

Oh god, flashbacks to my initial write-off of Dookie as a kid because I thought at the time that it sounded too "upbeat and happy." Fell completely in love with it years later. :P 

Imagine if GD had retired earlier when ppl didn't like their stuff, we wouldn't have all the great content we have now 

• Like 3

• BeachBum changed the title to Father of All Motherfuckers album - News and Media Coverage
  • BeachBum locked and unlocked this topic