Father of All Motherfuckers album - News and Media Coverage

Sanity Loan

6 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I think it's best to move on from this now. The only thing that needed to be pointed out is that in English it's an offensive word to call black people. Everyone's aware of that now so let's get back to the topic of the thread.

lol now that we scared off any fans that may be targeted by these words and videos etc 

so SAD that this is happening on a GD forum. I could expect a DETAILED and EDUCATED discussion on the topic not caveman slurs. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

I just don't understand the enabling of a racist and how racism here is less than answering a direct question from someone that is deemed off topic. 

What's on and off topic is somewhat subjective depending on A) the context B) if the mod understands the context and how it pertains to the topic. However, even if you were to tie in how it relates to the topic on hand it's still based on A and B. 

However, from what I'm understanding racism is ok here as long as we can prove it's in our second language? That's not what I was told by the big boss here..

How is pointing out that a term is racist and offensive and saying not to use it here, and warning a second person who used another offensive term in an inflammatory way, saying racism is ok? Nobody is saying that.

Yes indeed what's on and off topic is somewhat subjective. That's why we have mods whose job it is to judge when the conversation has gone too far off topic and ask for it to get back on track. And if people decide to carry on anyway they'll end up getting warned. But these two things have nothing to do with each other. In the interest of this thread getting back on topic please PM me if you want to discuss this further. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

I just recovered from anxiety over this shit, please stop. There’s no war. The media is just romanticizing the idea.

Sorry if i caused uneasy feelings, my intention was only to joke about the speculative approaching we sometimes make, but my english isn't very good. Also i don't find my comment that successful but you should have quoted all of it and mark what you disliked, since it is not too long and the way you presented it , makes it seem irrelevant, if someone hasnt see the original. No bad feelings, honestly, and i too think that media is very depressing and i feel you.

Edited by navouxodonosoras

16 minutes ago, Tubbie Head said:

I love a bunch of Rock/Rap mashups. 

I guess green day is the hot new Rock n' Rap band

• Haha 2

Just now, Herroon said:

This just makes me think Green Day should host SNL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Herroon said:

They should rename themselves Green Dayz

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

Remember the days when we would just talk about the album in this thread? I miss those days :P

You know I just realised we also have a thread for discussing the Oh Yeah video (and all we know about Tyla Yaweh is that he probably appears in it right?)

So specific discussion about that should go here:

• Like 2

Just now, Beerjeezus said:

Everyone is like "don't worry there's no rap" but you know, the problem is that no rap being there doesn't automatically make it good :P

It does make it better though

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, navouxodonosoras said:

Sorry if i caused uneasy feelings, my intention was only to joke about the speculative approaching we sometimes make, but my english isn't very good. Also i don't find my comment that successful but you should have quoted all of it and mark what you disliked, since it is not too long and the way you presented it , makes it seem irrelevant, if someone hasnt see the original. No bad feelings, honestly, and i too think that media is very depressing and i feel you.

My apologies as well about lashing out. Recent politics just caused me to have a breakdown, Y’know? Either way, I shall be more mindful next time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Herroon said:

It didn't say "Nightlife (ft. Lady Cobra)" on the back of iDos! or the iTunes listing...

Don’t revive my hope that this is Nightlife 2.0

2 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

It does make it better though

Rap necessarily doesn't have to be bad, but yeah, I don't trust Green Day with it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Herroon said:

It didn't say "Nightlife (ft. Lady Cobra)" on the back of iDos! or the iTunes listing...

True but the song before is called Lady Cobra and the album art on the back of the album is actually a picture of Lady Cobra.

3 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Rap necessarily doesn't have to be bad, but yeah, I don't trust Green Day with it.

I'd be willing to listen to Mike give it a go 😂

• Haha 2

I'll join the list of people saying that they hope it's just a cameo in the video, but if it does happen, it doesn't mean it'll be bad. Rap in a blink song worked out well.

• Like 1

• BeachBum changed the title to Father of All Motherfuckers album - News and Media Coverage
  • BeachBum locked and unlocked this topic
  • BeachBum locked and unlocked this topic