Father of All Motherfuckers album - News and Media Coverage

Sanity Loan

14 hours ago, That Dude said:

I'm hoping for 3 more, but probably 2 or even 1.   

Ready Fire Aim didn't really feel like a full fledged album promotion, so not sure if that even counts.  

FRA didn't get any life nor did they try to give it any. It was like here you go NHL do with it as you wish. 

I'm awaiting the true second single. 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, DadBod said:

I like that juxtaposition. I'm glad he's getting back to that. Longshot was similar. Happy/upbeat music with dark & simple lyrics. 

I love when he does that, there's some of his most powerful writing in songs like these. Longshot lyrics are great and there was a tinge of darkness in them that seems to be growing stronger with FOAM. I can't say RevRad wasn't a nice change with overall happier mood though.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I love when he does that, there's some of his most powerful writing in songs like these. Longshot lyrics are great and there was a tinge of darkness in them that seems to be growing stronger with FOAM. I can't say RevRad wasn't a nice change with overall happier mood though.

Hello darkness my old friend 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DadBod said:

I like that juxtaposition. I'm glad he's getting back to that. Longshot was similar. Happy/upbeat music with dark & simple lyrics. 

Love that aspect of Green Day. 

But what about the reverse? Super sad/dark sounding but happy words?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Love that aspect of Green Day. 

But what about the reverse? Super sad/dark sounding but happy words?

I love that too.

14 minutes ago, paperlanterns22 said:

probably not until 1-2 weeks before release.

I’m feeling a leak within the next few weeks tbh.

39 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I'm still not over the fact that the tour that was announced was Hella Mega too :lol: I mean not GD plus one support like previous tours but three supports. It's great if you like all four bands but if not...

Yeah that's still a huge gripe with me. Just...why? I'm not paying that money to see 3 bands I don't care about. I get the idea and package tours are popular (much to my disdain) but I still wish they would've done a regular arena tour.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I’m disappointed that this promotional period seems to be grinding to a halt. It started great with a tour announcement (albeit with shows almost a year away), a single and a music video but since that time, three months have gone and we’ve gotten that same song performed about a half dozen times and little else apart from an NHL song that is not a single, never performed, no music video and a four year old Christmas song.  I thought we’d have more singles by now, more interviews, more appearances.  They’ve been averaging no more than one or two major things a month. At least with the long wait for the album I thought this time would be packed with new stuff and surprises.  I’m even stuck waiting two more months for a damn coffee mug.  If this is all there’s gonna be then just give me the album already.

They don't wanna blow their load before they even get started. I'm gonna do my best to be patient cause I think they'll be around for a while for this stint. 

But yeah as a fan I am dying for more. 

• Like 2

I would hate it, but I'd accept if they got their ticket prices on par with other big bands, because GD has been on the cheaper side of the price range for arena/stadium shows until now, but making this a "pay more to get something you won't enjoy" deal is even worse.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

Honestly, I'd rather pay a higher price point to see Green Day on their own than deal with something like the Hella Mega tour. 

Me too. Absolutely.

I know some of the dates were billed as GD only but two supports have already been added to some of those and I’m starting to think a fourth will be and it will just be a slightly different kind of Hella Mega

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

Honestly, I'd rather pay a higher price point to see Green Day on their own than deal with something like the Hella Mega tour. 

You are not alone.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Me too. Absolutely.

I know some of the dates were billed as GD only but two supports have already been added to some of those and I’m starting to think a fourth will be and it will just be a slightly different kind of Hella Mega

That probably indicates the setlist will be the same slightly shorter length as HM

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That probably indicates the setlist will be the same slightly shorter length as HM

It does seem like it 

Seems like a new trends and a Crush thing. Weezer released a single before they even wrote the other songs for the album! I remember when Good Charlotte made their second to last album, they released a single like a year ahead of it. I don't understand the logic, but it's becoming a thing. Just seems dumb because you want to release with some momentum. Most casual fans probably have forgotten by now. My thought is that they are trying to build up pre-orders so they can advertise a big first week sales total.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DookieLukie said:

My thought is that they are trying to build up pre-orders so they can advertise a big first week sales total.

That’s probably true since every ticket presale and piece of merch has been attached to an album pre-order. I’m sure the album has already sold a lot before anyone has heard it, maybe enough to debut at number one on some charts. It seems artificial but there you go.

• Like 3

• BeachBum changed the title to Father of All Motherfuckers album - News and Media Coverage
  • BeachBum locked and unlocked this topic
  • BeachBum locked and unlocked this topic