Father of All Motherfuckers album - News and Media Coverage

Sanity Loan

12 minutes ago, The Insider said:

I see what you did there.

I should have said one fucking minute but I didn’t think fast enough 

• Like 1

I believe the theory, but they did NOT make this bad on purpose. Maybe the album cover and title bad on purpose, but the content no. My best guess is they recorded 10 fun short little songs they liked as a side thing and made this album out of it while saving the more ambitious bigger things for the next album.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Biddymc said:

I agree.  They are a lot of things, but they would not troll their own fans.  They made the album they wanted to make.  There might have been a lot of pressure and expectations in one sense to respond to the current american culture/climate in an AI sort of way, but I think they were smart not to take that bait.  The band, as individuals, have all made their political views known, and the truth is, when it comes to the political divide in this country, no one  on the right or left is bending their viewpoints, no one is shifting their stances, and it seems like either side's attempt to soap box any topic only further isolates and polarizes the country even further.   So, at the end of the day, why give attention to an administration that manipulates and glorifies itself in narcissistic way.  At this point, I don't need more news, I don't need to hear one more person's opinion, even if I agree with it.  I just want things to be better, and if they are not better, than a little distraction and a lot of fun sounds pretty good to me.  What they do down the road may be "more ambitious", maybe not.  I just know that this administration is exhausting, and more than ever, I appreciate things that make me smile, and the best way to say Fuck You to someone who wants to bring you down and fuck up your life, is to smile and have a good time.

"Nothing says fuck you like a unicorn."  I think that's the story.

I think you just summed up Green Day’s thought and intentions exactly 👏

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, PleasedToMeetMe said:

Would really like to know the story behind the album cover

If they could just tell me then I could probably convince myself to get on board with the artwork

• Like 1

@Biddymc well said. I couldnt agree more with what you said. 

Let’s go crazy and fingers up!! đŸ–•đŸ»đŸ–•đŸ»đŸ–•đŸ»đŸŠ„

• Like 2

I like the song, Im excited for the album but in my selfish opinion it's just not nearly as good as Bang Bang and Im not as excited for FOAM as I was for RevRad. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, PleasedToMeetMe said:

I like the song, Im excited for the album but in my selfish opinion it's just not nearly as good as Bang Bang and Im not as excited for FOAM as I was for RevRad. 

Hard for me to compare right now because of recency bias. I will say FOAM is much more ear-wormy and better produced/mixed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Hard for me to compare right now because of recency bias. I will say FOAM is much more ear-wormy and better produced/mixed.

ear-wormy, yes, but the voice effects sounds like someone who talks to you with an annoying voice on purpose (my opinion, sadly)

What do you all think the promotion will consist of over the coming months until the album drops? I wonder if there will be any more live shows between now and March when the tour kicks off, and if they'll just be stand alone shows or a mini album launch tour kind of thing. 

I wonder as well how they will approach promotion outside the US, like during the RevRad era when they went on what seemed like a promo tour of Europe, withno live shows 

11 hours ago, Biddymc said:

I agree.  They are a lot of things, but they would not troll their own fans. 

Quote from Billie from the first Kerrang interview: "But Green Day's credo is mischief, no matter what. We're always down for mischief and we want to fuck with people.... to the point of it being abusive."

🙄

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, Biddymc said:

I agree.  They are a lot of things, but they would not troll their own fans.  They made the album they wanted to make.  There might have been a lot of pressure and expectations in one sense to respond to the current american culture/climate in an AI sort of way, but I think they were smart not to take that bait.  The band, as individuals, have all made their political views known, and the truth is, when it comes to the political divide in this country, no one  on the right or left is bending their viewpoints, no one is shifting their stances, and it seems like either side's attempt to soap box any topic only further isolates and polarizes the country even further.   So, at the end of the day, why give attention to an administration that manipulates and glorifies itself in narcissistic way.  At this point, I don't need more news, I don't need to hear one more person's opinion, even if I agree with it.  I just want things to be better, and if they are not better, than a little distraction and a lot of fun sounds pretty good to me.  What they do down the road may be "more ambitious", maybe not.  I just know that this administration is exhausting, and more than ever, I appreciate things that make me smile, and the best way to say Fuck You to someone who wants to bring you down and fuck up your life, is to smile and have a good time.

"Nothing says fuck you like a unicorn."  I think that's the story.

They totally would, just not this way lol. I fully agree with everything else you wrote. I'm really into the angle they're going with on this. What else, a completely political album making points that have been made in the media thousands of times at this point while everyone's sick of it? An attempt to make American Idiot part 2? Or just completely ignoring the messed up situation in front of their faces? I think acknowledging what's going on and responding to it with an honest feeling of fuck it all and let's have a good time is more interesting. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Biddymc said:

They are a lot of things, but they would not troll their own fans.

Sorry for piling on, but the Network is a classic example of them trolling fans.

• Like 4

Wanted to run to the store today and browse all the new albums coming out today.  Blink-182 was my main target, but I wanted to look at all the albums that dropped today.   

Went to Target, Barnes and Noble, FYE, and a local record shop.   Not a single one of these places had ANY NEW MUSIC.  not one freaking CD.   Not a freaking one.  

SO I NEED A PLAN FOR FATHER OF ALL!!!!!

Going to have to call ahead, make sure someone actually has it in stock.   I'll drive out of town if I have to, because Greenville, SC officially has NO NEW CDS ANYMORE.   WTF!!!!!  I even tried to find it on vinyl.  Nothing.   

I need Father of All either at Midnight the night before or first thing in the morning.   If I nearly had a nervous breakdown over BLINK-182'S new effort, I'd hate to be the cute Target girl that deals with me on that February morning coming!  :) 

1 minute ago, That Dude said:

Wanted to run to the store today and browse all the new albums coming out today.  Blink-182 was my main target, but I wanted to look at all the albums that dropped today.   

Went to Target, Barnes and Noble, FYE, and a local record shop.   Not a single one of these places had ANY NEW MUSIC.  not one freaking CD.   Not a freaking one.  

SO I NEED A PLAN FOR FATHER OF ALL!!!!!

Going to have to call ahead, make sure someone actually has it in stock.   I'll drive out of town if I have to, because Greenville, SC officially has NO NEW CDS ANYMORE.   WTF!!!!!  I even tried to find it on vinyl.  Nothing.   

I need Father of All either at Midnight the night before or first thing in the morning.   If I nearly had a nervous breakdown over BLINK-182'S new effort, I'd hate to be the cute Target girl that deals with me on that February morning coming!  :) 

Buy the CD on www.greenday.com

3 minutes ago, Nightlife said:

He obviously doesn't want to order it online. I get it too, it's a more special feeling buying the album in a physical store. 

eh?
I mean it's the same copy. You just receive it by mail.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DadBod said:

Billie trolled everyone for 2.5 months with the Longshot account last year. So, yeah, totally would troll us.

Teasing is different than trolling. They tease. They don't troll.

• Like 2

• BeachBum changed the title to Father of All Motherfuckers album - News and Media Coverage
  • BeachBum locked and unlocked this topic
  • BeachBum locked and unlocked this topic