Father of All Motherfuckers album - News and Media Coverage

Sanity Loan

24 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

And at least the two times I’ve seen him outside a show, he’s turned away and ignored the fans. Maybe he’s nice one on one, but he doesn’t go out if his way to be cool and friendly like the others all do.  We’re not entitled, he can certainly do that if he wants, my point is that it’s not a way to win over fans so there’s a consequence to being standoffish.

Lol I love how all these stories are coming out of the woodwork after his incident. Suddenly he's a sucky musician, hates fans, and is a garbage human being. Sure.

4 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Lol I love how all these stories are coming out of the woodwork after his incident. Suddenly he's a sucky musician, hates fans, and is a garbage human being. Sure.

To be fair I’ve seen several on here recounting bad encounters with Jeff long before the girlfriend issue 

• Like 3

I was on itunes this morning frantically trying to catch up on all the new music when all of a sudden....

FOAM is advertised at the top of itunes.  The artwork is different though. 

The arm looks like it's broken, the grenade heart is replaced with a bunch of blood and the unicorn (god bless him) is way up at the hand.  

In the middle of the arm it say "Father of All..."

12 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Holy Crap that's a killer performance!  

Here's something interesting:  Despite the song sounding very stripped down and back-to-basics, they utilized the six piece band.  It's actually got a lot going on and that's what makes it a great track.   It sounds simple but it's not!  

I also noticed that Jason Freeze is doing most of the backing vocals, which at first bugged me but now I think that's part of Green Day's evolution.   And I'm more of a guitar nerd this time around, so I noticed the new equipment.  Mike's bass looks huge compared to his old set up, haha!   Not much of a bass expert, anyone know what Mike is using here?  

I paid very close attention to Billie, since there is some negative speculation about him going bonkers or whatever.  He's singing extremely well, holding long notes and was steady on his feet.   

I would tell the haters of this song to watch this instead of the studio version with that visual nightmare staring back at you through sunken unicorn eyes.  This gives you better vibes.  

I believe the bass Mike is using in the kimmel performance is this one. Looks very similar

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Holy Crap that's a killer performance!  

Here's something interesting:  Despite the song sounding very stripped down and back-to-basics, they utilized the six piece band.  It's actually got a lot going on and that's what makes it a great track.   It sounds simple but it's not!  

I also noticed that Jason Freeze is doing most of the backing vocals, which at first bugged me but now I think that's part of Green Day's evolution.   And I'm more of a guitar nerd this time around, so I noticed the new equipment.  Mike's bass looks huge compared to his old set up, haha!   Not much of a bass expert, anyone know what Mike is using here?  

I paid very close attention to Billie, since there is some negative speculation about him going bonkers or whatever.  He's singing extremely well, holding long notes and was steady on his feet.   

I would tell the haters of this song to watch this instead of the studio version with that visual nightmare staring back at you through sunken unicorn eyes.  This gives you better vibes.  

Yeah I think Billie sounds great especially considering this is extremely early in their run of live shows and they're still warming up. 

Mike's bass is a Fender Precision bass and is typically what he always plays it could just be the camera angle making it look bigger. 

Edit: I did more research on the bass and saw someone posted a good pic of it from insta. It appears to be either a Fender custom precision based off of the 1951 model or it could just be a 1951 vintage one or a 70's anniversary edition that uses the 50's style. They may have made them bigger in the 50's than other production runs. I don't know too much about the ones made before '72

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, That Dude said:

I was on itunes this morning frantically trying to catch up on all the new music when all of a sudden....

FOAM is advertised at the top of itunes.  The artwork is different though. 

The arm looks like it's broken, the grenade heart is replaced with a bunch of blood and the unicorn (god bless him) is way up at the hand.  

In the middle of the arm it say "Father of All..."

pic? Looks normal in my iTunes

• Like 2

Guys Green day Instagram account posted a story 2 hours ago (alt ctrl Apple music) and  you can hear a song, which Song Is that? Is It related to the new green day album or it's just an Apple thing?

On 9/12/2019 at 7:36 AM, Asik said:

I guess magnum opus conspiracy is slowly turning into dust. Could Billie be doing drugs again? For The first time in my life I can say New blink>New Green day

Green Day will never be that bad. Even if a Green Day album is bad at least you know they're worth going to see live. Blink's new music sucks and they suck live, I was so fucking hyped when Matt joined but man Mark just wants to water everything down, Alkaline Trio is the one. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, AngelBlue_ said:

Guys Green day Instagram account posted a story 2 hours ago (alt ctrl Apple music) and  you can hear a song, which Song Is that? Is It related to the new green day album or it's just an Apple thing?

Ooooo. I liked it, whatever it was.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

Ooooo. I liked it, whatever it was.

FOB posted the same story but with a FOB Song, so maybe it's a new green day songgggg

• Like 1

Just now, Misery11 said:

link? I can't find it.

I cant send you a link, there isnt any, it's a story on Instagram and just saw they posted It as a story on facebook too

9 minutes ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

Thats obviously the instrumental of FOAMF.

Oh...you're right haha thanks and sorry lol

Not sure if this has been answered yet,  but did they say why they were keeping this album a secret until now? They definitely acknowledged that they were being secretive, but did they say why?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Maddie86 said:

Not sure if this has been answered yet,  but did they say why they were keeping this album a secret until now? They definitely acknowledged that they were being secretive, but did they say why?

Well it’s not unusual from a marketing perspective to keep an album secret from fans until they’re ready to promote. I think this is different from say RevRad which was much talked about because they kept it secret from the record label and that’s a much bigger deal. 

On 9/14/2019 at 2:50 AM, AngelBlue_ said:

It‘s the instrumental of the chorus of Father of All ;)

• Thanks 1

• BeachBum changed the title to Father of All Motherfuckers album - News and Media Coverage
  • BeachBum locked and unlocked this topic
  • BeachBum locked and unlocked this topic