Father of All Motherfuckers album - News and Media Coverage

Sanity Loan

5 minutes ago, J a c said:

I have a new conspiracy theory for you: Billie is actually trolling about his hate for long songs, the record has 8 songs that are 20 to 30 seconds long, and a huge 20 minutes song. 

My cousin said it’s true 19.gif 

This IS American Idiot Dos.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, That Dude said:

This IS American Idiot Dos.

AI Dos theory, I like it. Can we start a thread? 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

If it's American idiot 2... what is the story in this one?

A couple of Junkies on a high in a cult that always Met on a Roof to saw their guru who's named himself The Father of All Motherfucker and learned everyone what is the Art of the Deal with The Devil.

haha

way to work in the song titles!

4 hours ago, herewegoagain said:

I've heard it (read: searched through the logs lol) on national alternative radio in Norway. A couple of the hosts are casual fans and said they will be playing it a lot(!), but when Back In the USA came out they weren't aware of it so this seems to be getting more promo.

Yes it definitely is. Last night I had the TV on and I saw Green Day's commercial for Hella Mega about 4-5 times for the showing booked here. The only other time I saw a band I liked and that's comparable have a commercial here was The Offspring for their greatest hits back in the early 00's 

1 minute ago, DadBod said:

It's Kevin Preston from Prima Donna (Foxboro Hottubs/Longshot). He's just filling because he lives in LA and Jeff lives in Arkansas.

Don’t act like this, the fire of hope’s still burning 8.gif 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, J a c said:

Don’t act like this, the fire of hope’s still burning 8.gif 

Sorry, he responded to a fan on instagram that he'd see everyone soon. I agree that kevin is much better suited for GD and freese can clearly hit the high notes in harmonies, but I don't get to make those decisions...

He'll probably be at iheart, even though I'd much rather see KTP

• Sad 1
  • Love 2

The irriational hate for Jeff is so strange here. I get it, he did a bad thing. But unless you've all had pergect breakups, stop stoning him and wishing an end to his career.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

The irriational hate for Jeff is so strange here. I get it, he did a bad thing. But unless you've all had pergect breakups, stop stoning him and wishing an end to his career.

I'm not wishing the end of his career and really don't care about what his personal life is. I just find Kevin a better fit personally. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, DadBod said:

It's Kevin Preston from Prima Donna (Foxboro Hottubs/Longshot). He's just filling because he lives in LA and Jeff lives in Arkansas.

So what? He can take a plane. I don't think that's the reason why Jeff wasnt with them at the secret show/TV show 

Just now, AngelBlue_ said:

So what? He can take a plane. I don't think that's the reason why Jeff wasnt with them at the secret show/TV show 

Jeff's probably afraid of getting murdered by GD fangirls if he leaves his home.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, AngelBlue_ said:

I'm not his or the bands travel agent. I'm just stated what I've seen posted online. He replied to a fan that asked if he was still in GD. The answer is yes, he is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DookieLukie said:

At this point he is just a giant meme 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think that Kevin is just a better guitarrist than Jeff and  Billie doesn't play guitar in this song, so they chose Kevin. With Kevin everything sounds so FBHT and that's great IMO. But I don't hate Jeff.

we'll see who's gonna be in the band for their Iheart show...

A while ago some "insider" or reddit claimed that Jeff isn't in the band anymore, which I didn't believe at all, but now seeing Kevin playing with them, I'm wondering if it's legit.

1 hour ago, DadBod said:

Sorry, he responded to a fan on instagram that he'd see everyone soon. I agree that kevin is much better suited for GD and freese can clearly hit the high notes in harmonies, but I don't get to make those decisions...

He'll probably be at iheart, even though I'd much rather see KTP

Ah haha

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, DadBod said:

Sorry, he responded to a fan on instagram that he'd see everyone soon.

I found the wording of that odd.  You'd think he'd just say "yes" instead of "see ya soon".  Then when asked if the Jeff Matika Show was continuing, he said "definitely".  How about Kevin become the new guitarist and Jeff just do the JMS as an extra?

A girl can dream. :lol:

Edit- Just saw your comment over on the Kimmel page.  Your idea is better. :)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

the FOAM single got released now, we have still 5 months (😭) to go for the final FOAM album release

what do you guys think? how many songs in total they will release before the album gets released in february? (since FOAM has 10 songs in total, my bet is on 2 singles, including FOAM(song))

and when do you think we can expect a second single? (my guess is maybe Dec/Jan)

• Like 1

I don't hate Jeff but his always been kinda useless for the band live, at least that's what I've noticed in my ignorant opinion.

Hence being the meme he is.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Stefano Bras said:

I don't hate Jeff but his always been kinda useless for the band live, at least that's what I've noticed in my ignorant opinion.

Hence being the meme he is.

And at least the two times I’ve seen him outside a show, he’s turned away and ignored the fans. Maybe he’s nice one on one, but he doesn’t go out if his way to be cool and friendly like the others all do.  We’re not entitled, he can certainly do that if he wants, my point is that it’s not a way to win over fans so there’s a consequence to being standoffish.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Stefano Bras said:

This song fucking rocks.

Holy Crap that's a killer performance!  

Here's something interesting:  Despite the song sounding very stripped down and back-to-basics, they utilized the six piece band.  It's actually got a lot going on and that's what makes it a great track.   It sounds simple but it's not!  

I also noticed that Jason Freeze is doing most of the backing vocals, which at first bugged me but now I think that's part of Green Day's evolution.   And I'm more of a guitar nerd this time around, so I noticed the new equipment.  Mike's bass looks huge compared to his old set up, haha!   Not much of a bass expert, anyone know what Mike is using here?  

I paid very close attention to Billie, since there is some negative speculation about him going bonkers or whatever.  He's singing extremely well, holding long notes and was steady on his feet.   

I would tell the haters of this song to watch this instead of the studio version with that visual nightmare staring back at you through sunken unicorn eyes.  This gives you better vibes.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• BeachBum changed the title to Father of All Motherfuckers album - News and Media Coverage
  • BeachBum locked and unlocked this topic
  • BeachBum locked and unlocked this topic