Father of All Motherfuckers album - News and Media Coverage

Sanity Loan

3 minutes ago, J a c said:

Yes, I agree that we can start to do some comparison after the first week. At least Billboard is out, 48h seems way too little time.

Billboard is out as in the song has charted? Whats the position? Just curious to see if it's actually doing bad in rock/alternative charts. 

I think we know it's not going to be an Oh Love and hit the top 40 lol

1 minute ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

Billboard is out as in the song has charted? Whats the position? Just curious to see if it's actually doing bad in rock/alternative charts. 

I think we know it's not going to be an Oh Love and hit the top 40 lol

I believe a song is listed on Billboard charts after one week from its release (or the next Tuesday, something like that). 

4 minutes ago, J a c said:

I believe a song is listed on Billboard charts after one week from its release (or the next Tuesday, something like that). 

Oh ok I see what you're saying. Yeah it would need a full week of streaming and radio play for them to determine it's position. Has anyone actually heard the song on the radio? 

I won't know if they're skipping it or playing it here till Sunday when I'm in my car driving out of the city. 

6 minutes ago, J a c said:

Usually the charts are updated on Monday, but because the song debuted on a Tuesday and the tracking period ends on Friday, only 3 days will be counted, so to judge the song's perfomance, i guess we'll have to wait for another full week.

Just now, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

The Cover for the second Album 2020 just leaked!

70335759_2464349233654733_54800626454343

I don't even know if you're kidding.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE, BILLIE!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

Lol this time vandalising 21CB's cover. Where's it gonna end haha

• Haha 1

The more I look at the cover the less I hate it

still don’t love it but not as bad as I thought when I first saw it 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

Lol this time vandalising 21CB's cover. Where's it gonna end haha

The one after will be a cropped backdrop of Dookie with some actual dookie smeared across the album title 

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

I’d take this cover over the one we got for some reason. I think it’s cause I like the bunny more. 

• Like 3

Maybe I’m being overly analytical but here goes (on the cover);

Green Day’s latest biggest breakthrough was American Idiot/21st Century Breakdown, Rev Rad just expanded their sound there, and explored what was left unexplored of its musical premises (I’m not counting the trilogy because to me it sounds like RevRad is the sequel of the American Idiot/21st Century storyline). 

That being said, everyone hated the trilogies because they were left hungry, and loved RevRad for feeding them. This cover shows Green Day wanting to move on from this era; acknowledging it, but nonetheless, saying Good Riddance (hehehe). There’s more to Green Day’s sound than AI/21st/RevRad, and this might sound daunting but keep in mind their different sound on previous albums (like Insomniac, Nimrod, Shenanigans, Kerplunk!). 

They really want to move on and make the next big thing. That’s where the unicorn comes in; it’s puking a rainbow which is a comment to our modern day mutt-like postmodern society and to their musical range all together. The juxtaposition of a rainbow unicorn in a punk rock universe adds a whole new level of depth; one can take it as a symbol of adversity and achieving the impossible, for instance. 

Someone pointed out that with the censor, the curse reads “mockers”, so in a way, they’re sort of making fun of themselves, and us as well, commenting on how society lives in the past’s glory days but walks hand in hand with the anxiety and fear of the future and the unknown at the same time; “the abolition of the present”.

Sure, it’s not a work of art that belongs in your typical gallery museum, but don’t forget its context; this is a punk rock band with a history. The unusual decision to borrow artwork from a past album is done with a very specific, justified, and good reason. It just has to be, even if Billie only says it’s different for the sake of being different. They’re not two-dimensional, they’ve never been, and if they were to be, it would be more of an obvious turn than this.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

This one is going to have 6 songs that were recorded in a bucket under a bridge.  Tre Cool howling like a hyena on the few songs with vocals.  The rest will be Billie and Mike breathing.  

Just Imagine what they will sound like when we get the new version of 1039 with a cartoon Tree Sloth on it.   HOLY MOLY!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• BeachBum changed the title to Father of All Motherfuckers album - News and Media Coverage
  • BeachBum locked and unlocked this topic
  • BeachBum locked and unlocked this topic