Father of All Motherfuckers album - News and Media Coverage

Sanity Loan

45 minutes ago, luketrebilliemike said:

The song on Spotify has 585506 plays as of 11:50GMT

Youtube official Father of All audio yesterday had twice the plays Spotify has, I doubt the band would only look into one streaming service if they are keeping up with the repercussion of the song

Kinda surprised that in all photo shoots including the frontmans (Spotify for example) Pete Wentz is the one representing FOB.

I don't know them thaaat much,  I enjoy their older music and some of the new, but I always saw Patrick as the frontman, he's the vocalist after all.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Stefano Bras said:

Kinda surprised that in all photo shoots including the frontmans (Spotify for example) Pete Wentz is the one representing FOB.

I don't know them thaaat much,  I enjoy their older music and some of the new, but I always saw Patrick as the frontman, he's the vocalist after all.

Patrick has always been a behind the lines frontman. It’s a quite unique setup, but Pete always took care of these sort of stuff for them. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MrElPacho said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but does anyone have any idea why Jason posted the album art but with a completely different unicorn on the front? 

This cover continues to confuse me. A unicorn drawn in Paint is one thing, but then when different band members start posting different album covers I start to question things. 

Can someone please post a side by side comparison between Jason White’s Unicorn and the one posted by the other guys? But yeah one big difference I noticed that in Jason White’s post, the feet are round, and for the other guys, the feet are square

21 minutes ago, J a c said:

I imagine that to realize such a complex and iconic character design they must have gone through hundreds of drafts. That was probably one of them. 

Since CDs and records are wrapped in plastic in the stores, I can see the unicorn being on the plastic, so that when you take the plastic off, you have the full uncensored title!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GDFan2019 said:

Since CDs and records are wrapped in plastic in the stores, I can see the unicorn being on the plastic, so that when you take the plastic off, you have the full uncensored title!

Not in US . i think explicit words has to be censored

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Pre-orders have vinyl variants with both censored and explicit covers.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I hope not! The unicorn is part of the artwork and I'd prefer it on the cover. Besides I ordered the explicit one so I need at least copy with the unicorn lol.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, J a c said:

I imagine that to realize such a complex and iconic character design they must have gone through hundreds of drafts. That was probably one of them. 

Haha!  This made me imagine that somewhere out there is this glorious painting of a magnificent realistic uniforn with magestic mountains behind him.

And then Billie Joe took one look at the painters Magnum Opus and said 

"No. I wanted shit."

4 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Is the album parental advisory and if so will there be edited versions?  

That makes it confusing when there are censored covers and uncensored covers.  

Somebody may want the uncensored cover but edited lyrics. Haha.

I'm dead.  And I'm so happy

• Like 1

I made a ridiculous track list but erased it.

If Bratwurst is a sequel to Brat will you Nimrod drinkers chug another copy?

Is there a story to the cover? Is there a connection to American Idiot? Will we find out the unicorns name?  Will he he the bands new mascot?  

Is he related to Jesus or Whatshername or Tunny?

This is American Idiot 2.  They just don't want to say that. 

23 minutes ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

Im sure Bratwurst is a real song. 

it would fit this obvious trolling move of GD 🙄 (i still dont get why they took the AI cover and literally destroyed it with garbage)

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

Im sure Bratwurst is a real song. 

I'm sure they will replace that unicorn with a bratwurst.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

it would fit this obvious trolling move of GD 🙄 (i still dont get why they took the AI cover and literally destroyed it with garbage)

All will revealed in the end.

The unicorn comes off and underneath.

....It's a totally different cover.  

It's the full figure of Whatshername and OH MY.

9 hours ago, J a c said:

Compared to what? I’m sincerely asking since I don’t know where to find comparable data about Oh Love, Bang bang or any other GD single.

The only constant for lead singles that we could use is possibly first week album sales but even then the market size has decreased so much so if they were to move 90,000 units (with album equivalents) and 75,000 of them were physical copies that would be a success for them lol  I don't think that will be happening this time 

Another way to judge could be how they charted vs other singles but I never cared much for the charts

For me YouTube views don't mean much. There's a dislike button on youtube which means people who hate it are watching it. Terrible things can get views. Psy (the herpes of music) is a perfect example of that. 

2 minutes ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

The only constant for lead singles that we could use is possibly first week album sales but even then the market size has decreased so much so if they were to move 90,000 units (with album equivalents) and 75,000 of them were physical copies that would be a success for them lol  I don't think that will be happening this time 

Another way to judge could be how they charted vs other singles but I never cared much for the charts

For me YouTube views don't mean much. There's a dislike button on youtube which means people who hate it are watching it. Terrible things can get views. Psy (the herpes of music) is a perfect example of that. 

Yes, I agree that we can start to do some comparison after the first week. At least Billboard is out, 48h seems way too little time.

But I also agree that we have to consider the market changing fast (and the rock music room in it shrinking), and in this case also the different album release strategy. 

• BeachBum changed the title to Father of All Motherfuckers album - News and Media Coverage
  • BeachBum locked and unlocked this topic
  • BeachBum locked and unlocked this topic