Father of All Motherfuckers album - News and Media Coverage

Sanity Loan

26 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I apologize if this might have been shared already, but some song titles are listed on the FOAMF Wikipedia page

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Father_of_All_Motherfuckers

Very interesting song titles....ones I never guessed, darn it!  

I am mentally preparing for all of you to start hating songs before even hearing them because their names rub you the wrong way.

Wonder if others will have names that are not lyrics.  Not unheard of for the guys but Father of All was sort of unrelated to its lyrics. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I think the problem is the wait and the length total, not individual song lengths.

For example, most of Dookie is 3 minutes or less. Hell iirc most on it are 2-2:30 in length. But the albums still 37ish minutes.

Insomniac is a short album, and i know a lot of people's complaint with it is it needed maybe 1 or 2 more songs, and thats 32 minutes. But that was maybe a year wait between albums. I feel its gonna have the same problem a lot of people have with Insomniac. "Wow this is super go- oh its over.". Its like getting an amazing meal thats 3 crumbs xP

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

My problem with foamf is that I really like this song but Im not emotional attached to it, like songs from ai or 21st for example. And by the sound of it the whole album will be like this. I love the "epic" songs from green day. Like only thinking about restless heart syndrome for example gives me goosebumps. 

Same I don't feel any connection to foam 😥

• Like 3

3 hours ago, That Dude said:

Very interesting song titles....ones I never guessed, darn it!  

I am mentally preparing for all of you to start hating songs before even hearing them because their names rub you the wrong way.

Wonder if others will have names that are not lyrics.  Not unheard of for the guys but Father of All was sort of unrelated to its lyrics. 

the titles are interesting and actually give me hope for the album. When I first saw the tracklist for RevRad I thought "oh no a ton of these are super simple and sound boring." But some of these sound cool for sure, and that's coming from someone who's skeptical about the album so far. 

12 hours ago, Stefano Bras said:

tCbViYm.gif 

Source? If this opens a whole can of worms I missed, so be it. 

4 hours ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

My problem with foamf is that I really like this song but Im not emotional attached to it, like songs from ai or 21st for example. And by the sound of it the whole album will be like this. I love the "epic" songs from green day. Like only thinking about restless heart syndrome for example gives me goosebumps. 

I get that, probably 5-10 years ago in my life I would have been in your same spot. But to be fair I don’t think restless heart syndrome is a good comparison for any lead single, it’s one of the most complex songs they ever wrote, not a single, they played it live like once, it’s part of another league to me. 

• Like 1

Watching the numbers for You Tube is a flop as for now. Spotify are still not available but It's not about the song completely, is to be divided with lack of promotion except for interviews but maybe there is a plan for a later promotion since the record is coming in february.

1 hour ago, Thatsername said:

Me neither. I guess it's not their fault though. I think my expectations were too high. I had hoped that, in times of trouble and chaos like right now, they would find the right words to describe the feelings I have, unable to put them into words myself. AI did that for me. 21CB did that for me. RevRad did that for me BIG time. Maybe I just got too used to the fact that Green Day has always been my save harbour in times of trouble when I needed them most. I think FOAMF (the song, and probably the whole record) is their way of describing the troubled, fucked-up world we live in, but I can't follow them. I don't understand it. I'm somewhere else. Maybe the other songs on the album will get through to me, you never know.

Yeah, I mean every single song won't always mean something personal to us but I hope at least a couple songs on the new album do.

1 hour ago, Asik said:

I guess magnum opus conspiracy is slowly turning into dust. Could Billie be doing drugs again? For The first time in my life I can say New blink>New Green day

noopee..

that's a hot take and a half.. and its very very wrong..

• Like 1

Strange, just ttied pre-ordering a digital version of the album on Amazon, to which I was told I couldn't pre-order it because the product isn't available right now...

22 minutes ago, dannygreen said:

Watching the numbers for You Tube is a flop as for now. Spotify are still not available but It's not about the song completely, is to be divided with lack of promotion except for interviews but maybe there is a plan for a later promotion since the record is coming in february.

Man the song was release less then 48h ago and you are already calling the flop based on 700 k views on YouTube 😂 It doesn’t have a lyric or music video yet, they just had the time for a couple of radio interviews, mainly focused on the tour, the first tv appearance will be tonight. Give it some time 😂

Just now, J a c said:

Man the song was release less then 48h ago and you are already calling the flop based on 700 k views on YouTube 😂 It doesn’t have a lyric or music video yet, they just had the time for a couple of radio interviews, the first tv appearance will be tonight. Give it some time 😂

Considering that many songs give their best during their first week, this numbers are very indicative 

1 hour ago, Pansyhunter said:

the titles are interesting and actually give me hope for the album. When I first saw the tracklist for RevRad I thought "oh no a ton of these are super simple and sound boring." But some of these sound cool for sure, and that's coming from someone who's skeptical about the album so far. 

Source? If this opens a whole can of worms I missed, so be it. 

It;s nothing.

The announcement is they're playing Iheart again

MOOTIK was the original name and cover for GFB. Hence the font on the album.

There isnt any conspiracy guys

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Ross_19 said:

Strange, just ttied pre-ordering a digital version of the album on Amazon, to which I was told I couldn't pre-order it because the product isn't available right now...

Pretty sure you don't pre-order digital media because it's immediately accessible when it's released and isn't limited by units available, like with physical media. In short, it looks like this isn't a PR joke and it's full on real. Sorry to be the cat pissing on your conspiracy fire.

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but does anyone have any idea why Jason posted the album art but with a completely different unicorn on the front? 

This cover continues to confuse me. A unicorn drawn in Paint is one thing, but then when different band members start posting different album covers I start to question things. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MrElPacho said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but does anyone have any idea why Jason posted the album art but with a completely different unicorn on the front? 

This cover continues to confuse me. A unicorn drawn in Paint is one thing, but then when different band members start posting different album covers I start to question things. 

What are you talking about, that's the same unicorn? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jona92 said:

What are you talking about, that's the same unicorn? 

The eyes, feet and rainbow puke are different and also its.. nose (idk what it's called in English) isn't pink.

• BeachBum changed the title to Father of All Motherfuckers album - News and Media Coverage
  • BeachBum locked and unlocked this topic
  • BeachBum locked and unlocked this topic