Father of All Motherfuckers album - News and Media Coverage

Sanity Loan

32 minutes ago, Taste said:

We don't really know what the rest of the album sounds like though. There a lot of 1 and 2 min tracks on it to be released still. They could be even louder, faster than the first two singles. Like Still Breathing, Oh Yeah could be an outlier on the album

I expect the outlier to be Teenage Teenager because that’s the one that’s the longest and was described as anthemic

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Taste said:

We don't really know what the rest of the album sounds like though. There a lot of 1 and 2 min tracks on it to be released still. They could be even louder, faster than the first two singles. Like Still Breathing, Oh Yeah could be an outlier on the album

I mentioned some point on the forum a few days ago that the singles themselves could be targeted to a new audience while the 7 remaining tracks are there for hardcore fans that they know have pre-ordered the album. 

Regardless of how good or bad the album may be as a hardcore fan of the band I'm listening from front to back atleast once. 

• Like 2

You guys and your bickering. :)

Sure you can be a fan and only like certain songs, albums or eras.

If there were a contest (which involved lie detector tests), I would simply win "Biggest Green Day Fan".  

Sure there are heavier fans, or hardcore collectors - but my feels combined with enjoying every single drop of their career trump all.

I love every single track.  Every last one.

My loust mp3s of Green Day bootlegs that are nothing more than static and gibberish....love it. 

Songs that aren't even Green Day but the torent site SAID it was - added to my collection and Green Day power point and excel files.  Love it! 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Matt. said:

This thread is turning into a shit show. How about we wait until the album is out before judging it and making these blanket statements about the band, producers, etc. It started only when “Father of All...” came out. It was pointless then and it’s pointless now.

Anyway...

Anyone notice that the album cover was updated to include the PA sticker? I got a screenshot from Apple Music.

KEgDju2_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Just checked my Apple Music list and mine is updated with the PA sticker as well. 

54 minutes ago, petros said:

I'd rather have 7 more Oh Yeahs than 7 revrad stupid "super nova cherry cola" songs.

Omg THIS!!!!! Yes! Anyone thinking anything bad about this new album please remember supernova cherry cola mother theresa being forced down our throats at every single Rev Rad show. Such a boring song with really lazy lyrics. Young Blood sounded like it was written by bored a kid with a rhyming dictionary and a clap track for a school project he didn’t want to do. Why they didn’t play Too Dumb to Die or Bouncing Off the Wall instead of that on the set list once in a while instead of young blood is disappointing. I don’t know how that cherry cola supernova song was even on the album at all and why it was on every set list was a let down. It wasn’t groundbreaking or even interesting. It sounded forced and it was just bad. I skip it every time I listen to Rev Rad. The rest of the album is pretty great.

Young Blood sucks so bad especially compared to the rest of Rev Rad and also compared to what we’ve heard from FOAF so far.

Every song from FOAM so far is at least interesting and gives us something to think about.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

Omg THIS!!!!! Yes! Anyone thinking anything bad about this new album please remember supernova cherry cola mother theresa being forced down our throats at every single Rev Rad show. Such a boring song with really lazy lyrics. Young Blood sounded like it was written by bored a kid with a rhyming dictionary and a clap track for a school project he didn’t want to do. Why they didn’t play Too Dumb to Die or Bouncing Off the Wall instead of that on the set list once in a while instead of young blood is disappointing. I don’t know how that cherry cola supernova song was even on the album at all and why it was on every set list was a let down. It wasn’t groundbreaking or even interesting. It sounded forced and it was just bad. I skip it every time I listen to Rev Rad. The rest of the album is pretty great.

Young Blood sucks so bad especially compared to the rest of Rev Rad and also compared to what we’ve heard from FOAF so far.

Every song from FOAM so far is at least interesting and gives us something to think about.

Youngblood does suck but i like the bridge " I wanna hold you like a gun"

• Like 2

Sometimes I wonder if FOAM is really a troll album, but then I look at the cover and Im sure about that again

34 minutes ago, JOE THE X-KID said:

Youngblood does suck but i like the bridge " I wanna hold you like a gun"

Yeah you’re right Young Blood does suck for sure but Green Day is still Green Day and Billie Joe always has some good stuff even when it’s not his best. Billie is an excellent song writer. He could probably write a better song on his iPhone while sitting on the toilet than most of the pro-songwriters cranking out the hits for pop divas on top 40 radio. Billie still does good stuff like the bridge even in a sucky song but I’m glad you saw the good in a sucky song.  

However, Young Blood is very sub-par compared to most of green days work. Young Blood sucks (especially by Green Day standards). I would so rather listen to Oh Yeah and I don’t even like it that much.

And then to think songs like Dreamcatcher will never see the light of day while Young Blood gets played at every Rev Rad show and the Trilogy gets buried and Dreamcatcher is never released.I hope we never have to hear Young Blood again. Takes up precious set list space and is a disappointment every single time.

55 minutes ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

I agree Youngblood sucks, but I must give them that it worked live. It got the crowd pumped, everyone was jumping and singing along. Even though I think it's a copy of She's A Rebel and the lyrics are pretty dumb, it is a good live song. I would have preferred Bouncing Off The Wall or any other unplayed revrad song though. At least they could have switched them up.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I agree Youngblood sucks, but I must give them that it worked live. It got the crowd pumped, everyone was jumping and singing along. Even though I think it's a copy of She's A Rebel and the lyrics are pretty dumb, it is a good live song. I would have preferred Bouncing Off The Wall or any other unplayed revrad song though. At least they could have switched them up.

I went to the washroom during Young Blood knowing I wouldn’t miss much since it’s was played at every Rev Rad show and I knew how it would go down. It worked out well but boring if you’ve seen it once or more than once. Hand clappy boring cringy lyrics easy to sing along with. If it was a great song I would have happily enjoyed it at every show but I don’t need to see it performed at all and especially not more than once. I don’t know how it was on the album and why it got a lyric video or why it was pushed so hard especially when a great song with fun lyrics and a lot of energy like Bouncing Off the Wall was on that record. She’s a Rebel would work as well probably better and so would Bouncing Off the Wall. Both those songs are suspiciously missing from the set list and the sub-par Young Blood was consistently on the set list. That is kind of interesting. 

I hope this next tour is more exciting than Rev Rad. Rev Rad was so predictable and it was fun that they did the small club tour but the set lists were so predictable for the entire tour. No surprises except Too Dumb to Die was played once (only once!) and Walk Away was only partially played at one show.

Hopefully the FOAM tour will be more exciting for us and for the band too.

12 minutes ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

I went to the washroom during Young Blood knowing I wouldn’t miss much since it’s was played at every Rev Rad show and I knew how it would go down. It worked out well but boring if you’ve seen it once or more than once. Hand clappy boring cringy lyrics easy to sing along with. She’s a Rebel would work as well probably better and so would Bouncing Off the Wall. Both those songs are suspiciously missing from the set list and the sub-par Young Blood was consistently on the set list. That is kind of interesting.

I guess Billie was excited to play it because it clearly was meant to be sing-along (which worked and it's clear he cares about the crowds being engaged a lot) and I suppose it's meant to be a fun and goofy little song he wrote for his wife, that might be a nice break from playing serious stuff all night. But yeah, I wish he got this excited about BOTW, Say Goodbye, TDTD or even Outlaws although that's a different type of song.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matt. said:

This thread is turning into a shit show. How about we wait until the album is out before judging it and making these blanket statements about the band, producers, etc. It started only when “Father of All...” came out. It was pointless then and it’s pointless now.

Anyway...

Anyone notice that the album cover was updated to include the PA sticker? I got a screenshot from Apple Music.

KEgDju2_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

It looks like the unicorns anatomy.

The weird thing is, so far there has been no swearing in any of the songs.  Is the label just for the title, or are there going to be some nasty lyrics further into the album?

2 minutes ago, That Dude said:

The weird thing is, so far there has been no swearing in any of the songs.  Is the label just for the title, or are there going to be some nasty lyrics further into the album?

The Q article has it that there's "you can suck my cock" in one of the songs

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Looks like now just Sugar Youth and Take the Money and Crawl are seen as explict content in the album

• Like 1

• BeachBum changed the title to Father of All Motherfuckers album - News and Media Coverage
  • BeachBum locked and unlocked this topic