Father of All Motherfuckers album - News and Media Coverage

Sanity Loan

Why choose Butch Walker to produce? He never NEVER did a great work with rock bands, and maybe others genres too.

A band like Green Day choosing Butch Vig is a good sense choice, but Walker is weird.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, legendary said:

Why choose Butch Walker to produce? He never NEVER did a great work with rock bands, and maybe others genres too.

A band like Green Day choosing Butch Vig is a good sense choice, but Walker is weird.

Maybe the felt they wanted to push themselves out of their comfort zones so it had to be somebody new to them?

• Like 4

This is most probably the least bad Butch Walker did with a rock band, so I'm ok with it. The clap track makes my stomach turn though.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, legendary said:

The only thing I could really think of is just doing something different and fresh. 

I agree though, I'm not a fan of Butch Walker's production myself. He's wildly inconsistent in these songs. Some sounds actually hit the mark and are new and cool and then sometimes the bass is muddy or the drums sound like resonating cans. 

I can understand some indie kid with a $1000 budget not getting the greatest drum sounds but honestly even that would atleast sound like drums. 

3 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

This is most probably the least bad Butch Walker did with a rock band, so I'm ok with it. The clap track makes my stomach turn though.

I thought he did better with Gob in the early 2000's. Maybe they were a little more involved in the production than Green Day was for this record. 

Just now, CherryBombs&Gasoline said:

I'm fairly certain that they are bigger than any producer they could possibly work with at this point. 

Not true. Butch Vig holds valuable knowledge about recording in analogue that the boys wouldn't know. He's pretty much the most knowledgeable when it comes to that process. 

Btw it's a process that would make the band sound amazing. I'm surprised they never thought of actually trying it. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

I thought he did better with Gob in the early 2000's. Maybe they were a little more involved in the production than Green Day was for this record. 

That's true, I heard a few Gob songs when Butch's name was first brought up and enjoyed them a lot. They had a crisp but not bubblegummy sound. What he's been doing more recently is giving pop makeovers to already mediocre bands, which never yielded impressive results. It's possible that so far FOAM seems better thanks to the fact that it's Green Day. 

15 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

Not true. Butch Vig holds valuable knowledge about recording in analogue that the boys wouldn't know. He's pretty much the most knowledgeable when it comes to that process. 

Btw it's a process that would make the band sound amazing. I'm surprised they never thought of actually trying it. 

I'm not saying they know more about producing a record. But I think if they didn't like the sound he was going for, they'd have told, probably 😅. I mean even if he's got more knowledge, they can still tell him if they don't like something, right? But I'm not an expert when it comes to that. I mean I've never seen the inside of a recording studio 😅

20 minutes ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

My problem with this is not Butch Walker, but the choice. 

They choosed someone that did Weezer's Pacific Daydream and FOB's MANIA, the most hated albums of these bands.

20 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

The clap track makes my stomach turn though.

Interestingly, when I listened to all three of them front to back, it's melody stuck in my head most lol Maybe because it's like a theme song anyway so supposed to be like that. 

21 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

That's true, I heard a few Gob songs when Butch's name was first brought up and enjoyed them a lot. They had a crisp but not bubblegummy sound. What he's been doing more recently is giving pop makeovers to already mediocre bands, which never yielded impressive results. It's possible that so far FOAM seems better thanks to the fact that it's Green Day. 

Honestly, If i could defy the laws of science I would put all my money together to get Freddie Mercury back alive so Queen could make a record with Butch Walker.

It would be like that Wu Tang record only 1 copy made. I would give that only copy to you. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, legendary said:

They choosed someone that did Weezer's Pacific Daydream and FOB's MANIA, the most hated albums of these bands.

So far it seems FOAM has a good shot at becoming Green Day's most hated 

2 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

Honestly, If i could defy the laws of science I would put all my money together to get Freddie Mercury back alive so Queen could make a record with Butch Walker.

It would be like that Wu Tang record only 1 copy made. I would give that only copy to you. 

I mean, why not, that'd be interesting :P

2 hours ago, Shrieking Shack said:

It's all about the bigger picture.

Judging by your recent post the bigger picture being you should seek mental help

39 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

The clapping on FRA was the WORST

1 hour ago, legendary said:

I can imagine that Butch Vig is really expensive and when you produce such a small and mostly fun record like FOAM, they maybe know that the profit won‘t be as high as 21CB

I don't mind the production at all so far I actually like how the songs sound. The lyrics in Oh Yeah have been my favorite from Billie since maybe 21stcb. I actually believe I'll enjoy this album more than revrad and the trilogy.

• Like 3

We don't really know what the rest of the album sounds like though. There a lot of 1 and 2 min tracks on it to be released still. They could be even louder, faster than the first two singles. Like Still Breathing, Oh Yeah could be an outlier on the album

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, legendary said:

Fair enough, honestly I am not too familiar with his previous work, and I barely listened the albums you mentioned. I am just judging him for what I heard in these three songs, and I honestly found the production more enjoyable then the one he had in RevRad and the Trilogy. There are some unusual elements and questionable choices as the drums in the beginning of Oh Yeah! or the clapping in FRA. Personally they don’t bother me, but I find some of the criticism absolutely understandable. I also think that Billie included elements like clapping in the past, see the Longshot and FBHT for example. If you hate the clapping I am not entirely sure Butch is the one to blame for that :P 

9 minutes ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

Fair enough, honestly I am not too familiar with his previous work, and I barely listened the albums you mentioned. I am just judging him for what I heard in these three songs, and I honestly found the production more enjoyable then the one he had in RevRad and the Trilogy. There are some unusual elements and questionable choices as the drums in the beginning of Oh Yeah! or the clapping in FRA. Personally they don’t bother me, but I find some of the criticism absolutely understandable. I also think that Billie included elements like clapping in the past, see the Longshot and FBHT for example. If you hate the clapping I am not entirely sure Butch is the one to blame for that :P 

I really like the clapping in FRA, it kinda fits. Especially the intro is cool 😅

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Taste said:

We don't really know what the rest of the album sounds like though. There a lot of 1 and 2 min tracks on it to be released still. They could be even louder, faster than the first two singles. Like Still Breathing, Oh Yeah could be an outlier on the album

Yes, I think that will be the case. I think almost all the songs will be very different from each other, at least from what we heard in the interviews/review. I am curious for example to see how Butch’s production dealt with the Beatles-esque song, Stab you In the heart if I am not mistaken. 

• BeachBum changed the title to Father of All Motherfuckers album - News and Media Coverage
  • BeachBum locked and unlocked this topic