Father of All Motherfuckers album - News and Media Coverage

Sanity Loan

36 minutes ago, Eric said:

ok so its just rock purist.

Better to be a rock purist than a massive cunt :) 

• Haha 2
  • Love 1

Something I noticed from "Oh Yeah!": a lot of the background funky sounds (probably from synths) are the same as what was present on the past few Weezer albums. Lots of similar stuff in poppier tracks on Pacific Daydream.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

The change lyrically and in maturity of sound from Longshot to Father of All is jarring. He put more effort into a side project material dump than the new GD record.

exactly man, i was really pumped after all of it came out, really thought it was a sign of things to come. the long shot was really really good stuff & in my mind foam doesn’t exist and that is in its place 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eric said:

*yawn* 

they are all so butthurt right now :lol: , these dudes right now just want to have fun I dont get whats so hard to get that through any of these gdcers  heads rn

Dear Eric, I’ve been agreeing with quite a lot of what you have been saying over the last while, but there are times when I feel like you are lumping everyone together and deriding us when we don’t all feel the same, e.g “any of these gdcers”.  It would be nice if you could not sound like you think we are all disagreeing with you and respect everyone’s views.

Eric, I take it all back, I’ve just come from Shreiking Shack’s new thread and you Sir, are clearly a saint compared to them.

Edited by jengd
Addition
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Ben773 said:

It's pretty simple for me really. I like every green day album to date. But I don't like the songs released from this album so far, hopefully there is something I enjoy from the rest of the album, or future music. I don't feel like they owe me anything, it's their band they can do what they want. Just stating my opinion... not grabbing me :(

I guess look at U2.. they've had some stinkers (look at Pop which was a new sound for them) but they're still going

In 10 years time we'll look back and laugh

And will prob pee ourselves a little cos we'll be old

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Ben773 said:

It's pretty simple for me really. I like every green day album to date. But I don't like the songs released from this album so far, hopefully there is something I enjoy from the rest of the album, or future music. I don't feel like they owe me anything, it's their band they can do what they want. Just stating my opinion... not grabbing me :(

Personally, I don't care at all when my favorite artists release something that I don't appreciate even if all of their songs would mean so much to me. Green Day not like that though. I've first started listenining them last year, had no idea about them before that. So, I don't have any particular expectations from them but it's also honestly the same for artists that I see all of their songs part of my whole life. I usually prefer teasing them tbh rather than seeing as a serious thing lol cause their past albums still there and I dissociate them from each other, don't think as a whole. It's just my personal view of course, not everyone has to be like that but it's a lot easier in that way imo

This new record is clearly influenced by Butch Walker pop ways, and that's was we feared when we discovered about that he will be the producer.

Don't know why GD accepted work with Butch knowing about your crap work with rock bands, make them sounding poppy as fuck... Until now, I don't know If Green Day choose or Crush suggested him, but I think it was a sad choice.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

You can be a fan of a band and not like every thing they do 

It's all about the bigger picture.

I can't help but think that everything GD has put out recently would be better with improved production. Some AI vocals and snarl. The mixes have been so messy, jumbled, and grainy. I put the new song on a mixtape and the production really stands out next to some other, excellently produced, clearly mixed songs. The new songs just lack the punch and balance between the instruments of AI or Nimrod.

11 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I can't help but think that everything GD has put out recently would be better with improved production. Some AI vocals and snarl. The mixes have been so messy, jumbled, and grainy. I put the new song on a mixtape and the production really stands out next to some other, excellently produced, clearly mixed songs. The new songs just lack the punch and balance between the instruments of AI or Nimrod.

I like it anyway, but the trilogy with the production of AI or 21CB would be so nice.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Matt. said:

I like it anyway, but the trilogy with the production of AI or 21CB would be so nice.

Fuck DRB by Vig would sound HUGE

• Like 4

• BeachBum changed the title to Father of All Motherfuckers album - News and Media Coverage
  • BeachBum locked and unlocked this topic