Father of All Motherfuckers album - News and Media Coverage

Sanity Loan

I’m not confused I just hope they make it public haha, whatever it is. 

Would also be cool to hear what they led you to believe it is!

• Like 1

It’s probably 72 pictures of Billie and Tre showering naked together, which of course features Billie’s ass. 

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Cunt said:

It’s probably 72 pictures of Billie and Tre showering naked together, which of course features Billie’s ass. 

My source didn't specify, so this is possible 

4 hours ago, StuntmanMark said:

I'll join the list of people saying that they hope it's just a cameo in the video, but if it does happen, it doesn't mean it'll be bad. Rap in a blink song worked out well.

Yeah, I see nothing wrong with this feature. They really do not want to see a rap artist featured on FOAM. I could definitely see it as an unlisted feature, one can only hope 😯

Prima Donna just posted they will be posting shows in 2020

doss that mean Kevin is not going on tour with Green Day ? 

5 minutes ago, RisingRedWolf said:

I'm a little late on the whole Oh Yeah rap thing but I will leave my two cents here.
Firstly, I am open to artistic changes in Green Day music. If we never got that, we would never have gotten fantastic albums like Nimrod, Warning, AI, 21CB and RevRad. Evolution is good.

What isn't good in my opinion is that this COULD mean GD are giving into the current trend of doing the whole "(Song Title): Feat (Mainstream Rapper or DJ Name here)" thing that most popular artists are doing these days. Sure that kind of happened once on DOS, but it wasn't that annoying because we had what 30 something other songs that were for the most part in the style we were used to dropping with it?

Personally one of the main reasons I have loved GD for so many years is that they have never had to rely on gimmicks like that to sell their music, sure they may not be as popular as they were 15 years ago, but it's a bit gutting to me personally to see that it might not just be about making great music anymore, they don't even seem to really care about their new album and they might want to get back in the spotlight using whatever gimmicks they can find.

Couple that with the fact that Rap has absolutely murdered Rock Music in general and it's because of snobs and purists in the Rock Scene that it's happened. Rock Music could still be mainstream today if it wasn't for the fact that there was so much toxicity in the scene, with people absolutely blasting other artists for being a stlightly different style of rock to them or writing about different kinds of things. We have no one to blame for Rap taking over but ourselves and many of the artists we listen to.

Thankfully, Green Day hasn't ever really been like that, and that's one of the reasons why I have supported them for so long. However I can't help but worry that this whole FOAM thing might not be just be a troll and could be the direction the band is going to take from now on eg: "Hey look at how random we can be with our little vomiting unicorn on our iconic AI album cover LOL" "We decided we dont like long songs anymore because no one has time for that shit" "My favorite song is our 10 minute Jesus of Suburbia song"

Note that I am not saying that this is what is happening, but what could be happening. I will rest my judgement until the album hits and all the truth comes out. I have still enjoyed the music so far that has been released, FRA more than FOAM, so I have little doubt that I won't enjoy the next song. I am just kind of over the way they are acting lately and for the first time ever I want a GD album to come out, not so that I can be excited and listen to it, but so we can just get this whole thing over with and learn if there really is more to it than this.

We haven’t heard the song yet obviously but I think maybe a better choice for a collab would’ve been Post Malone. His stuff is very popular right now!!!!

I honestly can't imagine a rap collab that wouldn't result in a Nightlife-level embarrassment except if someone famous was involved it wouldn't be just us who'd listen to it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

We haven’t heard the song yet obviously but I think maybe a better choice for a collab would’ve been Post Malone. His stuff is very popular right now!!!!

I'm just not a fan of the idea of GD needing to collab in general. Like I mentioned they have never had to do stuff like that in the past and it was all about making music that they loved and believed in.

I hope more than anything that my skepticism can be proved wrong and that every decision they are making for FOAM is purely because they believe in it, but there are plenty of signs out there that say otherwise, like for example the damn album cover.

6 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I honestly can't imagine a rap collab that wouldn't result in a Nightlife-level embarrassment except if someone famous was involved it wouldn't be just us who'd listen to it.

I agree, it would have to be something crazy like a multi part JOS style song for me seeing it as something other than a cringy gimmick, but again I hope I can be proven wrong because I love this band and I want to see them to the very end, believing in them and their love for music like I always have.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eric said:

Nightlife is top 3 songs on Dos.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion but in mine it doesn't even make the top 30. However if you try to imagine listening to it without the vocals and judge it on purely a musical stand point, I can see it being much higher in my rank.

Just now, RisingRedWolf said:

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion but in mine it doesn't even make the top 30. However if you try to imagine listening to it without the vocals and judge it on purely a musical stand point, I can see it being much higher in my rank.

yeah yeah yeah it's a very typical opinion on here to hate nightlife, sheep

16 minutes ago, theangel said:

Post on a Green Day song could potentially be very good.

I know!!!! Just listen to Take What You Want featuring Ozzy Osbourne!!!!! It’s my favorite song!!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eric said:

but if the rap song had Eminem in it, gdc would go crazy and be totally on board with it :lol: 

are you joking? that would be terrible and there would probably be riots on the boards

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Eric said:

but if the rap song had Eminem in it, gdc would go crazy and be totally on board with it :lol: 

How about Snoop Dogg?

• BeachBum changed the title to Father of All Motherfuckers album - News and Media Coverage
  • BeachBum locked and unlocked this topic
  • BeachBum locked and unlocked this topic