Father of All Motherfuckers album - News and Media Coverage

Sanity Loan

1 hour ago, Clockwise said:

Anyone saying they think the band didn't put effort into something is making an argument in bad faith that goes against literally everything Green Day has proven to us over the last 35 years. It just comes across as really disingenuous and rude to be honest.

That's your opinion. I didn't see much effort from them in the trilogy and revrad. With the exception of Mike probably. The guy has been consistently a badass underrated bass player.

11 minutes ago, petros said:

That's your opinion. I didn't see much effort from them in the trilogy and revrad. With the exception of Mike probably. The guy has been consistently a badass underrated bass player.

Well I personally see a massive improvement in the complexity of the guitar tracks during and after the Trilogy in comparison with older albums. 

• Love 1

22 minutes ago, Flashback said:

Well I personally see a massive improvement in the complexity of the guitar tracks during and after the Trilogy in comparison with older albums. 

And nobody called you disingenuous and rude for your opinion. 

I listened to both tracks today because I haven't listened to them since, probably a day after they were released. I thought maybe I might like them better.

I still despise FOAM. 

However, I don't hate Fire, Ready, Aim. As I listened to it, I realized it has a 60's vibe to it. I thought of The Monkees. I'm pretty sure GD was not trying to sound like The Monkees, but that is what it sounds like to me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chin for a Day said:

I listened to both tracks today because I haven't listened to them since, probably a day after they were released. I thought maybe I might like them better.

I still despise FOAM. 

However, I don't hate Fire, Ready, Aim. As I listened to it, I realized it has a 60's vibe to it. I thought of The Monkees. I'm pretty sure GD was not trying to sound like The Monkees, but that is what it sounds like to me. 

Sounds like the Monkees to me too. It’s the keyboards 🎹 Very much a 60’s style. Which is why I don’t get how people can love FBHT and hate this but maybe they only like it as a side project idk

• Like 2

8 hours ago, petros said:

But it's not just an opinion when you say things like that. You're implying they're putting in less effort than previously based off of what? The fact that you don't like what they're doing? The fact that the guitar parts or lyrics aren't complex or introspective enough for you? None of that equals lack of effort on anyone's part, it's just your personal preference for how they sound. Saying that they're being lazy or putting in less effort is not a nice thing to say imo, especially because there is absolutely no way to quantify that.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, 21st_century_gloria said:

you know what we can universally agree that they didn't put any effort into? the forever now music video.

Besides them showing up to the shoot (if it's even necessary) the music video thing is typically outside of their scope. I don't really see the value of a music video for this song specifically. 

15 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

I don't really see the value of a music video for this song specifically. 

Eh I would be pretty interested to see the kind of video they'd make for such a personal song

10 hours ago, 21st_century_gloria said:

you know what we can universally agree that they didn't put any effort into? the forever now music video.

:(

Green Day haven't finished promoted an album since 21st Century Breakdown TEN YEARS AGO.    The Trilogy was sidelined due to issues.   Rev Rad got 3 singles but then promotion stopped suddenly with that whole "Forever Now/Somewhere Now" single just not happening.   

Father of All needs to be the one that turns things around in the singles department.   At least four, no matter what!   If someone in the band is ill, certainly that's more important.  But "Stray Heart" had an amazing video, so again.   

at least four singles.    Everybody else is releasing 6 and 7 BEFORE THEIR ALBUM DROPS.    

• Like 3

Green Day isn't really a singles band. They haven't had a Top 100 hit since "Oh Love" debuted at a whopping #97 back in 2012 riding off the coattails of American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown, and I don't see it happening again anytime soon (or ever again) if they keep cranking out songs like FOAMF. I'm sure mainstream isn't their goal anyway, though "Still Breathing" definitely felt like an attempt at another "21 Guns"/"Boulevard of Broken Dreams" heavy ballad hit.

I know Alternative radio always backs the guys, but it's not enough to just throw singles out there if they're not going to do anything substantial other than chart on the Alternative charts for a few weeks before free falling (at least from a label/business perspective.. If we are just talking about releasing music for fun, then hell.. go ahead and release away).

• Like 3

11 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Sounds like the Monkees to me too. It’s the keyboards 🎹 Very much a 60’s style. Which is why I don’t get how people can love FBHT and hate this but maybe they only like it as a side project idk

I'd say less Monkees or anything from that time period and more of The Hives. I think it's a fun song, just lacks substance. Same with FOAM

32 minutes ago, 1039SweetChildren said:

Green Day isn't really a singles band. They haven't had a Top 100 hit since "Oh Love" debuted at a whopping #97 back in 2012 riding off the coattails of American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown, and I don't see it happening again anytime soon (or ever again) if they keep cranking out songs like FOAMF. I'm sure mainstream isn't their goal anyway, though "Still Breathing" definitely felt like an attempt at another "21 Guns"/"Boulevard of Broken Dreams" heavy ballad hit.

I know Alternative radio always backs the guys, but it's not enough to just throw singles out there if they're not going to do anything substantial other than chart on the Alternative charts for a few weeks before free falling (at least from a label/business perspective.. If we are just talking about releasing music for fun, then hell.. go ahead and release away).

Do hit singles even matter anymore from a label/business perspective anyway? It seems labels monetize music in more and varied ways these days with the other things Green Day has done like with licensing, deals with sports, products, gaming and other entertainment and taking a bigger chunk of touring and merchandising than before.  Record sales/streams are the smallest slice of that pie than has even been.  It almost doesn’t matter, except to ensure that it creates an opportunity for those other deals to occur.

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Do hit singles even matter anymore from a label/business perspective anyway?

Not if you're Green Day, Foo Fighters, RHCP or any other band with a lifetime of hits on alternative radio. The $ comes from the tour. 

• Like 4

We've heard 20% of the album. 

And about 4% of what the boys have recorded ;)

Let's reserve the FOAM hate for after its released, or if you are a hater that's already heard it.....get me a link or copy pronto!!!!!!! Haha.

But even on the release day, live with the album a while before hating on it.  

• Like 4

On 12/13/2019 at 3:47 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

I love FBHT, Stop Drop and Roll is probably my favourite thing the boys have done but Fire, Ready, Aim just comes off incredibly lazy to me. Its fun to listen to but it has no depth, they can do so much better.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, JOE THE X-KID said:

I love FBHT, Stop Drop and Roll is probably my favourite thing the boys have done but Fire, Ready, Aim just comes off incredibly lazy to me. Its fun to listen to but it has no depth, they can do so much better.

It has lyrical depths the likes of which "Jesus of Suburbia" cannot even touch or fathom.

It is their greatest piece of work to date. 

3 hours ago, That Dude said:

It has lyrical depths the likes of which "Jesus of Suburbia" cannot even touch or fathom.

It is their greatest piece of work to date. 

While on first glance FRA seems to be a car-commercial-esque hockey anthem, it is really so much more:

Kick the dog when the whistle blows/ you're a liar

What's going on in the USA right now? Oh yeah, the whole phone call with the ukrainian president thing, started by the "whistleblower"  

Don't forget the key lines: Ready Aim Fire/ Fire Ready Aim

The world has so many conflicts and wars, and there's all these shootings, etc. it just turns into a whole killing operation. Total war. Firing carelessly, not even thinking about aiming. Intimidation. Attack without thought.

Hang on!

Attack without thought?

That's exactly what the description of FRA says on youtube. "This song is about our daily outrage, attack without thought" or whatever it was...

Social media. People attack without thought. They don't think about what they are saying, they just say it and use it to express their daily outrage. And it's so toxic. Whether it's Trump on twitter or just idiots, not just political instigators but people that exist to spread hate on anything. Certain trolls. Racist people. Violent people. Intolerant people. Regular idiots that spam or spread lies just for likes. 

I just made this song much deeper than it was probably intended to be... 🤣

DISCLAIMER: That analysis was all me off the top of my head. In no way is that the official interpretation of the lyrics. No, I'm not from genius verified. Feel free to disagree.

• Like 3

I listened to FRA once and thought it was pretty cool, then later I saw some commercial, I think it was for Mc Donalds' delivery and it had the same bouncy guitar sound with the clap track and since then I felt FRA is such an ad song... I can't bring myself to listen to it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Flashback said:

Do it, we believe in you! 😄

What if I really end up disliking it? :unsure: I settled for waiting for a live version because that's how I enjoy FOAM the most, but it never came lol

45 minutes ago, 21st_century_gloria said:

While on first glance FRA seems to be a car-commercial-esque hockey anthem, it is really so much more:

Kick the dog when the whistle blows/ you're a liar

What's going on in the USA right now? Oh yeah, the whole phone call with the ukrainian president thing, started by the "whistleblower"  

Don't forget the key lines: Ready Aim Fire/ Fire Ready Aim

The world has so many conflicts and wars, and there's all these shootings, etc. it just turns into a whole killing operation. Total war. Firing carelessly, not even thinking about aiming. Intimidation. Attack without thought.

Hang on!

Attack without thought?

That's exactly what the description of FRA says on youtube. "This song is about our daily outrage, attack without thought" or whatever it was...

Social media. People attack without thought. They don't think about what they are saying, they just say it and use it to express their daily outrage. And it's so toxic. Whether it's Trump on twitter or just idiots, not just political instigators but people that exist to spread hate on anything. Certain trolls. Racist people. Violent people. Intolerant people. Regular idiots that spam or spread lies just for likes. 

I just made this song much deeper than it was probably intended to be... 🤣

DISCLAIMER: That analysis was all me off the top of my head. In no way is that the official interpretation of the lyrics. No, I'm not from genius verified. Feel free to disagree.

Wow that's a stretch. Giving the band way too much credit. 

20 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

What if I really end up disliking it? :unsure: I settled for waiting for a live version because that's how I enjoy FOAM the most, but it never came lol

What if you listen to it with the mindset of just having fun? This isn’t meant to be insulting, I’m legitimately suggesting that. While It’s true that songs like American Idiot, JoS, etc. are more complex, people tend to forget that the band also wants everyone to have fun while listening as well. It’s not always about thinking critically. If that was the case, people would criticize songs like Scattered for talking about a break-up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Wow that's a stretch. Giving the band way too much credit. 

I was joking tbh. FRA  just sounds like a hockey anthem to me. (A kickass one though, IMO.) But I do have a habit of overanalyzing Green Day songs. 😅

1 hour ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

What if you listen to it with the mindset of just having fun? This isn’t meant to be insulting, I’m legitimately suggesting that. 

That's the honest version of me listening to FRA. I legit listen to that to jump up and down and feel good. (man, they really failed in their mission to make us all feel bad!) While I do enjoy dissecting songs for their seriosity and analyze lyrics, etc, that ramble about FRA being political was more of a joke lmao.

Scattered is an amazing song, especially the vocals IMO. So underrated. 

• Like 2

• BeachBum changed the title to Father of All Motherfuckers album - News and Media Coverage
  • BeachBum locked and unlocked this topic
  • BeachBum locked and unlocked this topic