Father of All Motherfuckers album - News and Media Coverage

Sanity Loan

8 hours ago, Josh100_3 said:

I’m sort of joking. I’m from Australia, so they get super overplayed and I’ve never really seen the appeal of them. 

I saw them live before they made it big and thought they were awful. They have a few okay songs.

I would argue Kevin Parker is the best musician of the decade (Innerspeaker, Lonerism, and Currents are all incredible).  But to each their own.

3 hours ago, dudley dawson said:

I would argue Kevin Parker is the best musician of the decade (Innerspeaker, Lonerism, and Currents are all incredible).  But to each their own.

He sure wasn’t ten years ago hahaha. Terrible show.

46 minutes ago, Josh100_3 said:

He sure wasn’t ten years ago hahaha. Terrible show.

I’m not talking about as a live performer, but do check out their Coachella performance this year (it was epic).

2 hours ago, ImNotInGreenDaydummy said:

i wish this album would just leak already. 

someone make some magic happen

The album isn’t out until next year. I doubt the CDs/Vinyl are even manufactured yet.

leaks happen when someone gets their hands on early and rip them online.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2019 at 12:19 AM, ImNotInGreenDaydummy said:

i wish this album would just leak already. 

someone make some magic happen

On 10/30/2019 at 2:26 AM, Josh100_3 said:

The album isn’t out until next year. I doubt the CDs/Vinyl are even manufactured yet.

leaks happen when someone gets their hands on early and rip them online.

Idk man that GDKGB acts quick

Idk I’m not gonna lie, I feel just as excited about FOAM as I did for 21CB, the trilogy and RevRad, they’re  just not the only thing on my mind these days like it was back then and that’s okay. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Matt. said:

A counter to that, however, is the rise in popularity of vinyl again. That’s the biggest representation of the artwork there is. Wouldn’t they want it to look good?

That’s about all there is to promote right now.

You’re absolutely right; welcome to getting older. The trilogy was the peak of my interest. One, because there were three albums being released and the band was releasing those studio videos on a regular basis. But two, I was in college and had a good amount of free time to dedicate to paying attention to the band.

As you said, though, lives get busier as you age and you also start to focus your attention and free time on things that directly effect your life, such as profession, significant other, children, a home, etc. That, along with the less-than-significant promotion of RevRad and now FOAM (plus the far-out release date), it’s easy to forget about what’s going on and, thus, not be excited.

So any truth to Magnum Opus?🤷‍♂️

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, Clockwise said:

Idk I’m not gonna lie, I feel just as excited about FOAM as I did for 21CB, the trilogy and RevRad, they’re  just not the only thing on my mind these days like it was back then and that’s okay. 

For me it feels different but not in a negative way. I'm taking it as it's own era. I don't even want to compare it to the others. 

It's been exciting so far. Album is months away and they already got an award and several TV appearances. The song already has hit #1 in a few countries too. 

I'm not really sure what everybody else is expecting. 

• Like 1

Just now, Matt. said:

The two songs released so far just don't seem substantive, both in length and lyrical content. I think I connect my excitement to how meaningful the songs are.

I would say that this standpoint is valid. They sound great live right now though you must atleast be excited for that right? 

My hype for this upcoming album died for a while due to it being so far away. Their recent performances got me hyped tf up again and it's only 95 days left until the album drops now! Can't wait. Still absolutely loving FOA, it's a real banger and even more so when they play it live. 

1 minute ago, Matt. said:

Absolutely. They sound the best they have in years. And they look like they’re having the most fun in years as well.

Yeah I see that as well! My first statement was more about how people are saying "this is the worst GD era ever". 

I mean for me that was probably the trilogy cause of Billie's health and the momentum being killed. I also did not enjoy the production on the albums either. 

I think there's a lot more still yet to see for this era. It's exciting. The album hasn't leaked yet! lol

• Like 1

It'd be easy to be uninterested in this album, but they sound great, so in nothing, at least the shows are still worth it and Foam is a fun song.

• Like 2

If the prediction for the release of a new song each month is true, that mean there is another song coming for us this month!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nightlife said:

Once you get your bitch ass to Ålesund I'll fight you over this comment. 

Oh no how will I pretend I'm uninterested when I'm in ålesund

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

If the prediction for the release of a new song each month is true, that mean there is another song coming for us this month!

They put out FOA on September 10 and FRA on October 10, so they might put something out November 10🤷‍♀️

Edited by A Human Who Loves GD
  • Love 2

I like FOAM and the concept of an album called "Father of All Motherfuckers" that's essentially a weird, crazy, different-sounding take on rock music. I like the hip-hop influences. I was fully game for that. I think what gets me is that you present it that way and then release "Fire, Ready, Aim" which is paint-by-numbers, boring rock song. If you're going weird, stick to it! Don't make an album with that title and then fill it with eeasy-A rock tracks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I like FOAM and the concept of an album called "Father of All Motherfuckers" that's essentially a weird, crazy, different-sounding take on rock music. I like the hip-hop influences. I was fully game for that. I think what gets me is that you present it that way and then release "Fire, Ready, Aim" which is paint-by-numbers, boring rock song. If you're going weird, stick to it! Don't make an album with that title and then fill it with eeasy-A rock tracks.

when is the boom bap song from the record dropping?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• BeachBum changed the title to Father of All Motherfuckers album - News and Media Coverage
  • BeachBum locked and unlocked this topic
  • BeachBum locked and unlocked this topic