Secret Show Tuesday (9/10) At the Whisky A Go-Go

pacejunkie punk

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Green Day sounded quite good and played like they were new to the game again. Looked quite good as well - better than some of the professional photos I have seen of them lately. 

This performance reminds of me the Storytellers show that they did in 2004 oddly enough. 

54 minutes ago, The Bellie said:

Well I was last to reply, I'm done. And sorry I'm too lazy to start a thread for shit

Sorry to continue with this but just wanted to say to Bellie that it's a shame that special moment wasn't how you would have liked. There may be more opportunities you never know!

15 hours ago, Platypus2000 said:

Also another thing, Green Day’s set list won’t  be like an hour and half for the actual tour will it? That fucking sucks otherwise. I’m only going for them, Weezer and FOB are fucking shit. 

Say what you will about FOB but to call Weezer shit is just wrong.  My worst part of this tour is that it is being sponsored by Harley. That's some low rent shit right there.

I said to DJ that its the Rock version of this for EDM.

4 hours ago, The Bellie said:

I'm not comparing to all other fans. I only saw Alison (since I replied to her) had her car to travel to that show and she ignored me when I needed someone to drive me back.

I'm not stating "accusations" bout Kevin, just saying what he did and how I felt him then. I'm everything but immature and possessive but have it your way

Yeah 3rd point I said myself several times. I'm not complaining at all, what I had was gold. Kevin was just an asshole at that moment, if it disturbs you so much that I can feel that way okay

Was a rare moment. I can promise you Kevin is a genuinely nice guy.  You can't catch everyone in a good moment.  Also he NEVER smiles for pictures.

1 hour ago, Thelongshot said:

Sorry to continue with this but just wanted to say to Bellie that it's a shame that special moment wasn't how you would have liked. There may be more opportunities you never know!

Don't worry it was beyond great even if I criticized Kevin's behavior. I wish fans who have never met Billie meet him prior to me getting other opportunities. Too many of the same fans (shitty or not) at every Cali show lol. More people should just have more opportunities to go see Billie

3 hours ago, localinsomniac said:

Truly sorry that happened to you, but delighted that you got to have that moment with Billie. My knee-jerk reaction from your retelling is that Kevin was jealous you were there for BJA and not him, since it was Prima Donna playing that night. Not that it excuses the behavior in any way.

Your knee-jerk reaction is very wrong. I live in a world of celebrity.  Billie happens to try and be nice to everyone but when EVERYONE knows you, and this even goes for Kevin, especially when hanging with Billie, someitmes you do things that a normal person would seem as rude but a life of every person that sees you wants to talk to you and feels slighted if they don't get the attention, or the wherewithal to think "hey, I'm being rude to this girl" doesn't even cross some people's mind.  All actors, musicians, etc are a little nutty because of it.  Billie happens to be (and the other boys tbh, but less than Billie) one of the most level minded major celebrities I've ever known but this has nothing to do with anything other than Kevin wanting to go and it was just a moment. Kevin is objectively a nice person but I understand how you feel.

I'll give you an example. I did a pay-per-view event at the Barker Hanger in Santa Monica with Eminem and D-12 was with them.  They had to shoot the whole show with no audience (so they have two shows to correct errors and shit), for inserts. 

At the end of the private show where my then fiance and I watched Eminem do an entire concert with nobody there but us and people like Dre, Snoop, Xhibit and shit waking in every now and then, this was before phones had easy pics (2000 to be exact) and my wife was getting a picture with a point and shoot camera and she was a drop nervous and couldn't get the camera to work and the D-12 guys were yelling "come on WHOEVER is waiting for us" and Em yelled back "Hold on! I'm trying to taking a pic with this lovely lady" and he forever got my respect, but if he left, he wouldn't of lost it and D-12 didint get any points taken away for telling him he had to go.  Exact same situation notwithstanding that there was nobody else there that day so he wasn't inundated.

19 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

Your knee-jerk reaction is very wrong. I live in a world of celebrity.  Billie happens to try and be nice to everyone but when EVERYONE knows you, and this even goes for Kevin, especially when hanging with Billie, someitmes you do things that a normal person would seem as rude but a life of every person that sees you wants to talk to you and feels slighted if they don't get the attention, or the wherewithal to think "hey, I'm being rude to this girl" doesn't even cross some people's mind.  All actors, musicians, etc are a little nutty because of it.  Billie happens to be (and the other boys tbh, but less than Billie) one of the most level minded major celebrities I've ever known but this has nothing to do with anything other than Kevin wanting to go and it was just a moment. Kevin is objectively a nice person but I understand how you feel.

I'll give you an example. I did a pay-per-view event at the Barker Hanger in Santa Monica with Eminem and D-12 was with them.  They had to shoot the whole show with no audience (so they have two shows to correct errors and shit), for inserts. 

At the end of the private show where my then fiance and I watched Eminem do an entire concert with nobody there but us and people like Dre, Snoop, Xhibit and shit waking in every now and then, this was before phones had easy pics (2000 to be exact) and my wife was getting a picture with a point and shoot camera and she was a drop nervous and couldn't get the camera to work and the D-12 guys were yelling "come on WHOEVER is waiting for us" and Em yelled back "Hold on! I'm trying to taking a pic with this lovely lady" and he forever got my respect, but if he left, he wouldn't of lost it and D-12 didint get any points taken away for telling him he had to go.  Exact same situation notwithstanding that there was nobody else there that day so he wasn't inundated.

Ok. Happy to be wrong, I just think sometimes you just catch someone at the wrong time. It happens.

58 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

Was a rare moment. I can promise you Kevin is a genuinely nice guy.  You can't catch everyone in a good moment.  Also he NEVER smiles for pictures.

I believe you, and did keep saying I wish to have a better experience with him if I ever have the occasion (or just an experience really. We didn't even talk so... I know practically nothing about him. And people are not black or white... I mean he could very well not like me from what he'd only seen of me, and have the visceral reaction he had then. I didn't show the slightest attention for him, because I had none - starting from the coverups show during the day, he participated and while Billie didn't move his upper body forward into the crowd, Kevin did, and I was among the only ones in the first rows to not bother touching him then, because I don't care about him. I had done the trip, the whole thing, only for Billie, and my energy and attention in the moment where I finally got that contact with Billie couldn't just get scattered in ten. I did have a racing thought for Kevin who was on the side at that moment (like: ok, not very nice to act like if he wasn't there) but it stayed at that, cause man I don't have the access to Billie that Kevin has, I mean it's incomparable, I had the right to be selfish at that moment, while he being selfish at that moment was being a dick. Indeed it could have just been one isolated moment and never in the world would I judge him as a whole person.

I felt at that moment that it couldn't be a very long one anyway (they were both about to go in and I wouldn't have retained Billie for more than 2 min at the very most), perhaps a little less rougher tone from Kevin (or just letting Billie decide when he would end it and come in) would've been perfection, but again what I had was already mere gold. No other eager fans around was gold.

30 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

Billie happens to be (and the other boys tbh, but less than Billie) one of the most level minded major celebrities I've ever known but this has nothing to do with anything other than Kevin wanting to go and it was just a moment. Kevin is objectively a nice person but I understand how you feel.

Thanks. You're probably right when saying Kevin "just wanted to go". (except he could've just gone on his own without calling Billie but well :lol:. Guess it's good that it seems funny to me now) Billie was indeed extremely sweet the whole time. Calm, sweet, careful, without giving himself away too much either. A lot of it was going in the feels, not in the words. In the bar, I got to have another quick exchange with him, (I asked him about "rain and roses" lyric), he was jumping from one person to another (he loves talking to people in a very enthusiastic way lol, moving his bust and his hands like a Mediterranean!), everybody knew him indeed, but it seemed to be a familiar circle to him and doing him good to spend time among these people, so I ended that 2nd moment myself after my question so as not to bother. But he has that attention for people - and putting them at ease really quick, acting warmly and naturally - that's definitely not common even only among "normal" people. Another person seeing us said he lurked on my tattoo of him, I wasn't noticing, that really cracked me up. Forgot Kevin :P

Hey just wanted to say last night was amazing  all of the bands I think put on top notch performances and yes I agree foamf sounds way better live! Thanks to all the cool people I met in line that helped take care of my old broken down disabled self 

I really wouldn’t mind Kevin Preston being on the tour with Green Day. That would be amazing. It’s like the gods read the posts over the past year and decided that yes indeed Kevin will be the new Green Day tour guitarist. Billie Joe, Mike Dirnt, Tre Cool... and of course Jason White and then finally for the love of all that is good: Kevin Preston. He’s been in Foxboro, Longshot and sure as hell would be amazing on tour with Green Day. Pipe dream. Oh, well. Please Green Day and Kevin Preston make it happen...

5 hours ago, Khaleesi. said:

Okay let’s talk less about Kevin and more about the show that happened on Tuesday. :)

Kevin was there! 

• Todd changed the title to Secret Show Tuesday (9/10) At the Whisky A Go-Go
4 hours ago, LaughingClock said:

My worst part of this tour is that it is being sponsored by Harley. That's some low rent shit right there.

Okay, so I'm not the only one who's angry about that! Good!

Oh and I just want to say about the whole Kevin thing: Regardless of how Kevin acts, all this reinforces for me is how amazingly sweet, kind, and genuine Billie is. He is truly a gift to us all and we are the luckiest fans in the world to have him in our lives. God, I want to meet him so bad! 

27 minutes ago, stories and songs said:

Important question: How did that lipstick (?) get on Billie’s entire face? 😂

Billie Joe applied his lipstick on stage!

Archived